What Happens on First Day of Middle School?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrotamagotchi

Reaction score
Hunched over my iPad texting up my next novel
Okay, I'm writing a novel and it begins when this girl enters a new school. I haven't specified which grade (in the book), but I've been hinting at middle school.

So, what happens when you very first enter a public middle school??? Do you sign any papers or something? Also, what age do you start middle school? And what age do you graduate from it???

I have no idea because I'm homeschooled and never went to public.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Canada, the only paperwork you need to fill out is done by your parents when you're ready to begin school (age 5 or so), registering you at the closest elementary school. Most elementary schools go from Kindergarten to 8th grade, but we have some "middle schools" that go from 6th to 8th grade. Some high schools have "junior high" classes for 7th and 8th grade, but that's not so common.

On the first day of school, since you're already registered and the like, you just look at a piece of paper posted on the wall or something, telling you the room number of your homeroom class. Then you can just find the place, waltz right in, and pick a desk. There's usually some kind of useless school assembly on the first day, welcoming all the students for the year.

The usual age to begin the sixth grade is 11, and you usually finish the 8th grade by age 13 or 14 depending on what month of the year you were born.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am about to start middle school. ill let you know august 17th how american public middle school is ;)

Where I lived, middle school ran from 7th grade to 9th grade (12 years old to 14 years old), but I know some middle schools only go up to 8th grade and then 9th is considered as high school. Parents would take care of the paperwork before the semester would start, and the first day of school you go to all the classes but it's pretty much the teacher introducing the class or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back