what have you got in the mail today *continued* <3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not today exactly, but I got my blue CYOI entama on the 19th. I waited a long time to add it to my collection. I really like the games on this one. I'm waiting on a blue Q-pet to get here; should be here in a few days.

My Q-pet (blue) finally arrived on Friday the 28th. I ordered it on the 9th of Sept. It's really fun, and Ra has a great review on it on YouTube. The buttons are kinda slow though, but the colors are great, and it's very similar to the + color, with some differences. I love Patrick Star as a travel agent---very cute, and more than likely a copyright infringement. However, mine says "Poor" if you do badly in the games, instead of "Shi**y" like Ra's does. That disappointed me. I do like the fact that you can choose between Chinese and English for languages. And you can choose either male or female characters. I chose Mametchi to raise as my first character. He has smaller eyes than the real Mametchi, and not as cute. Some of the other characters are colored differently than they are on a real Tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, I received my purple Tamagotchi Original Gen 1. :tarakotchi:

ERyD1Up.jpg

WwPhXXt.jpg

idbhm0Q.jpg

The packaging is nothing like the original UK Tamagotchi packaging was (they were blister-packed), so it's not especially nostalgic aside from the art, but nonetheless it's very nice.

It feels like you're really getting something special - the presentation is really nice, and so is the quality of the box itself. It feels like they're doing justice to a beloved brand.

I don't tend to keep the packaging from things, but those who do, or those who like to display complete-in-box items, will absolutely love this, I'm sure!

bVBXM4j.jpg

7eyMVfL.jpg

And here's the unit itself. :D It's identical to the Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi re-issues that Japan got in November of 2017, but with different shell-designs to what they got there. I went for a retro-style one for my Tamagotchi Original Gen 1, because my Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi Gen 2 has one itself.

There's not really much to say about it other than that - it's a slightly revised Gen 1 or Gen 2 (where misbehaviour, sickness, and pooping are less-scheduled, and where there's a real penalty for overfeeding snacks during childhood), that takes one CR2032 battery instead of two LR44s.

Thankfully, it was a lot less hassle to get a Tamagotchi Original this year than it was to get a 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini last year. Of course, the Tamagotchi Original is really the sort of thing that I wanted a year ago - but I can't fault the 20th Anniversary Mini for bringing me back to the virtual pets hobby. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Morino and two Angel Gotchis arrived today! One of the Angels was labeled as broken, but I was actually able to get it to work! It turns out that there was pencil lead stuck in the reset button and that's what was causing it to not turn on. I had to take the tama apart to remove the lead from the reset button because it was really stuck. Now I got three tamas for the price of two! :D

This is what the Morino looks like:

ja_white.jpg

This is what both Angel Gotchis look like:

ja_white.jpg

(I got both of these pictures from Project Tamashell just to show what they all look like. :p )

My Morino and two Angel Gotchis arrived today! One of the Angels was labeled as broken, but I was actually able to get it to work! It turns out that there was pencil lead stuck in the reset button and that's what was causing it to not turn on. I had to take the tama apart to remove the lead from the reset button because it was really stuck. Now I got three tamas for the price of two! :D
What a score! :D Congratulations!

I actually got this in the mail yesterday, but;

4bMZhkC.jpg

I now have a copy of the Tamagotchi Game Boy game in my collection :D

21gHtZS.gif

It's pretty darn cute, too. ;)
Dude now I just wanna play the tama gameboy game... I should get an emulator for my phone...

ANYWAY, I got my Meets!

Just on child phase so far, so I can't really accurately judge it. For now, just seems like another color tama. I'm throwing pics up on my log and hopefully doing what I can to decipher menus in there.

My blue Kadar Babies came today, one day after Gudetama.  I had to install new batteries in the KB, but it's running good.  I'm running it with the Gudetama.  There's  no growth chart, so it'll be a surprise to see what evolves.

I finally got my Tamagotchi Meets in the mail today! :D

PVGUqie.jpg

zxC2tcf.jpg

Unfortunately, I have no AAA batteries, so I won't be able to get started with it until after Christmas. :lol: That's just as well, though, since I'm going to be too busy to deal with it!

This is my first colour Tamagotchi, and I'm really surprised by how small it is - they always look huge in photographs, for some reason!

I picked up my Tamagotchi Meets today! I got the white one because Japan You Want was having a sale on them a bit ago. It was only $10 more, so I figured it was worth it. They also included a super cute Tamagotchi pencil in the package. ^_^  

Hello hello! I got my Beelzemon and Dukemon 20th Anniversary Pendulums in the mail very recently! I have another set coming in possibly tomorrow due to a pre ordering mishap lol...

I have the full set of the 20th Anniversary Vpet series now including the regular non pendulum versions!

vpet pendulum smaller.jpg

Latest posts

Back