What Tamagotchi should I buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choccy_milk

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum, this is my first post.

I want to buy a Tamagotchi. I came from one of the fake Connections that use the Bunny ROM and wanted a genuine one. Here is my criteria:

- Nothing more than £35

- Preferably rechargable or powered by AA/AAA

- Not fake

- Good replayability

If you could help me pick one out, it would be much appreciated. My knock off from ebay is actually deteriorating and I love the concept of a virtual pet.

Thanks, 

Akira

I'm considering the Gen 2 2018 re-release. Any other reccomendations will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given your criteria, the Gen 2 re-release (or the Gen 1, if you don't mind the included game being entirely down to random chance) is probably the best recommendation that I could give, here, although it's powered by 1x CR2032 battery, rather than AAs or AAAs. (Were it not for the requirement for good replayability, I'd recommend the Pac-Man Tamagotchi, but that's a much simpler release even than the originals and their re-issues, and it's more of a lightweight low-maintenance experience accordingly.)

It's worth pointing out that the colour releases, which are the current AAA-powered ones, are much more expensive than £35 (the UK will soon get its first of those, the Tamagotchi Pix, which Amazon UK briefly listed too early at £81 which hopefully isn't the final price, and importing a Tamagotchi On from the US currently costs around £50), and that no official rechargeable Tamagotchi exists at all.

If you're willing to dig around on eBay for older releases, there may be other recommendations that might suit you, too, but that's outside of my wheelhouse, since I lean towards the classic-style Tamagotchis myself!

Given your criteria, the Gen 2 re-release (or the Gen 1, if you don't mind the included game being entirely down to random chance) is probably the best recommendation that I could give, here, although it's powered by 1x CR2032 battery, rather than AAs or AAAs. (Were it not for the requirement for good replayability, I'd recommend the Pac-Man Tamagotchi, but that's a much simpler release even than the originals and their re-issues, and it's more of a lightweight low-maintenance experience accordingly.)

It's worth pointing out that the colour releases, which are the current AAA-powered ones, are much more expensive than £35 (the UK will soon get its first of those, the Tamagotchi Pix, which Amazon UK briefly listed too early at £81 which hopefully isn't the final price, and importing a Tamagotchi On from the US currently costs around £50), and that no official rechargeable Tamagotchi exists at all.

If you're willing to dig around on eBay for older releases, there may be other recommendations that might suit you, too, but that's outside of my wheelhouse, since I lean towards the classic-style Tamagotchis myself!
Ah, thanks! Maybe I could save my pennies up for these colour ones. It's a shame most of them use the watch batteries because I'd rather not keep on buying batteries and it would be difficult to fit a charger on one. I think I'll go for the gen 2 re-release. Definitely not the Mini, 20th anniversary or Pac-man.

Oh gosh, I looked into the Pix and,

EUROPE

RELEASE DATE

PRICE

August 31, 2021

£71.76

oh my gosh it's the holy grail

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-LIR2032-CR2032-Rechargeable-Batteries-Button-Coin-3-6v-Battery-Eunicell-UK/161194134758?epid=1757866434&hash=item2587eb4ce6:g:giUAAOSw3ypgSixz

This has made me decide on the Gen 2 re-release

As long as it's legit

It's a shame most of them use the watch batteries because I'd rather not keep on buying batteries and it would be difficult to fit a charger on one.
They're keychain-sized, so watch-batteries just go with the territory, really. ;)

You may want to be careful here: Some rechargeable coin cells operate at a slightly different voltage to their standard non-rechargeable counterparts, and this can damage devices that weren't designed for this. (I'm also clueless on how you would recharge them!)

They're keychain-sized, so watch-batteries just go with the territory, really. ;)

You may want to be careful here: Some rechargeable coin cells operate at a slightly different voltage to their standard non-rechargeable counterparts, and this can damage devices that weren't designed for this. (I'm also clueless on how you would recharge them!)
You buy a separate charger. Like one for AA/AAA

Latest posts

Back