What's Your Favorite Tamagotchi Connection Device?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tama-Hacker

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's the one and only (unless there are imposters out there) Tama-Hacker, the dude who enjoys taking apart and mutating tams, among other things, including computer programming! (That part about mutating tams sounds worse than it is)

200.gif
100.gif

*That's not what I really look like*

Anyway, I was wondering: What's your guys favorite tamagotchi connection device? Please reply below with YOUR favorite, and why it is your favorite!

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I've been warming up to the V3, the V4 has always been my favourite. Probably didn't help I grew up with it! The nostalgic bias continues to blind.  :lol: I love the new features introduced, such as the skill points system for a unique character-raising experience, alongside the job system - in which I suck at getting the job I want but somehow always get the job I need. The games are a little repetitive nowadays, and I wish Tamatown was still open (the back-up website unfortunately didn't preserve the full game), but I still really love popping a battery in and seeing how many generations I can go for.

One thing I love about the connections as a whole is the save system - I've had a character on my V2 for years because I just keep changing out the battery! My V6 has a long-running line I've had for a few years now as well, and I've been trying to raise different characters every generation as it's so easy to get the best cares on that version. In fact, I love the V6 as well, even with its unfortunate scarcity! But for me, the V4 will always reign supreme. And the shell designs are super cool! And there's so many of them alongside region-exclusives, oh my  :eek:  I feel for the poor sap who's looking to collect them all.  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
While I've been warming up to the V3, the V4 has always been my favourite. Probably didn't help I grew up with it! The nostalgic bias continues to blind.  :lol: I love the new features introduced, such as the skill points system for a unique character-raising experience, alongside the job system - in which I suck at getting the job I want but somehow always get the job I need. The games are a little repetitive nowadays, and I wish Tamatown was still open (the back-up website unfortunately didn't preserve the full game), but I still really love popping a battery in and seeing how many generations I can go for.

One thing I love about the connections as a whole is the save system - I've had a character on my V2 for years because I just keep changing out the battery! My V6 has a long-running line I've had for a few years now as well, and I've been trying to raise different characters every generation as it's so easy to get the best cares on that version. In fact, I love the V6 as well, even with its unfortunate scarcity! But for me, the V4 will always reign supreme. And the shell designs are super cool! And there's so many of them alongside region-exclusives, oh my  :eek:  I feel for the poor sap who's looking to collect them all.  :p
Thanks for your valuable opinion! I am gathering this info for something big coming soon...

It’s hard for me to pick one version :p  but I will say V3 and V4 are equally the same. I got the V3 first and shortly after I managed to get the V4. V3 is simple and was so fun, same for the V4 which more than the V3 with the skill system and some TamaTown features. :)  

So yeah, it’s V3 and V4 for me  :D

I really love the v2, v3, v4, and v4.5 for each of their own reasons. 

The first one I played with was a v4.5, so that one always holds a special place in my heart! It's so hard to pick one. The characters are so unique from the other versions and I really like how you can kind of chose who your Tamagotchi evolves into as an adult. Then again I really like the "not knowing" of the v2 and v3 :)

I think it's safe to call the v4.5 my favorite overall though. 

Easily 4.5 for me, but that's just nostalgia bias I think. I'm playing an Entama currently as well and am really enjoying it (miss the pause feature though- i'm a busy adult :( )

I'm certain all of the other connection line has its own charms as well, I'm just most familiar with the 4.5. Perhaps someday I'll obtain a v4 or 3 and change my mind?

Design wise, though, Entama is a clear winner for me. The beads make the device imo. It's just.. so perfect

For me it's the V1 since it's modern but closest to the vintages. Also the V4 due to notstalgic feelings since it was my first modern Tama after the P1 i got in 1997. But the V4 is very extensive and conplicated.

Latest posts

Back