What's your holy grail tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, well. I’d say a Home Deka Tama (and it’s accompanying tama version) or Osutchi and Mesutchi.

I’ve long thought the P’s is the best. IMO even without deco Pierce’s it has a lot of cool content. Out of the classics tho.. I think the Uratama is up there. Or the v5. Hard to choose 😭 sucks how much content has been lost on the newer Tama’s. The Meet’s bluetooth capability is definitely a step in the right direction tho. 

Which tama version do you daydream about finding? At the moment, mine is this plumeria V4:

Capture-decran-2020-07-07-a-21-54-59.png

My parents gifted it to me when I was a kid, and I'd love to find it again as part of my collection rebuild. Sadly it seems like everyone else has the same idea!

I also really like this V4.5
Capture-decran-2020-07-07-a-21-59-13.png

I've noticed the most sought-after tamas at the moment (based on Facebook groups, etc.) tend to be the V2-V4 that many of us grew up with.

What's your holy grail tama?

EDIT: Any non-Bandai virtual pets are welcome in this thread as well! So what's your holy grail virtual pet?
Not sure... I already have the ocean and angel so not sure what I want next any ideas?

Humm. I believe it was honestly my Digimon Tamers (USA) digivice. One I purchased, the Pink Original Hikari Digivice as well as my Blue (USA with gatomon) 

Tamagotchi... when I got my own first color tama, the white id L. 

of things I don’t have... the Italian Precure Card Commune. I have a original, but the queen card isn’t included. Sigh, so maybe that too. 

I'd love to get a Tamagotchi V5.5, as low-key as it sounds! It's the one I need in order to complete my collection of the western Tamagotchi Connection models. They're so expensive to find, but I'm holding out for the day someone eventually puts up an affordable listing.  ^_^  Here's to everyone finding their own holy grails!

Ooh, what an excellent thread! :)

I don't have a holy grail Tamagotchi right now, but I was recently able to purchase one, which is now on its way to me.

YAg0H91.jpg

That one is the Doraemontchi, a 1998 licensed Tamagotchi which is based on the long-running manga and anime series, Doraemon. It's one of those versions where you need to be a fan of the source-material to get the best out of it, and I've been wanting to pick one up for a while - I can't wait until it arrives. :D
OHHH THATS SO COOL!! thats literally one of my dream tamas right now, same with the dorami version. i love doraemon so much and this version is so cool, though its way out of my budget at the moment. cool that you were able to get it!! 

OHHH THATS SO COOL!! thats literally one of my dream tamas right now, same with the dorami version. i love doraemon so much and this version is so cool, though its way out of my budget at the moment. cool that you were able to get it!! 
Thankyou! :D

It just took some patience - I was able to get a loose one with some very minor scuffs to the case and a battery problem that was an easy fix (the contacts were bent down and the unit wouldn't work correctly as a result - it was a two-minute fix to bend them back upwards), and I got it for no more than any other vintage-era Tamagotchi typically goes for. (I don't care whether these things are mint-in-box or not - I use them, so I'll always lean towards loose units first.)

If you're willing to wait around for one with minor issues, you'll be able to get a good deal. There are certainly plenty of them, at any rate, so don't fall for any claims that they're rare - as well as its original late-1990s run, it got a re-release in the early 2000s as well, and they're on eBay and the like all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very happy with my tama family right now, so I feel a bit guilty to admit a secret wishlist.  ^_^  That said, I definitely wouldn't mind having any one of these...

1. P's (Melody Land & Dream Coffret)

2. An English iD L

3. Black Devilgotchi

4. An Ocean

5. All three 10th anniv. Uratama

tamatenbako.jpg

the 15th anni id l 

the id station

also the english vers of the id l would be a dream to have..

View attachment 721

View attachment 722
I totally forgot about the 15th Anni. iD L! It's such a cutie. 🥰 I wish there was an English version of it out there. I'm afraid I may be too broke to justify buying an elusive English one atm, let alone a Japanese 15th Anni. Lol. Since when did these plastic kids toys become so luxe man?

Latest posts

Back