Which Tamagotchi should I get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny!!

Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if I should get a tamagotchi connection v3 ,v4 or music star ? And thoughts on what I might like better

I guess it mostly depends on what you want in the toy. V3 is pretty basic, but you can still use the online features indirectly with some generators and tools made by community members.
V4 is a personal fave of mine. I love the whole school and work aspect. In a similar way to the V3, the online features can be indirectly accessed (although I don't recall if the program was complete yet or not)
Music Star (V6) is another favourite of mine. I really love all the cute music that gets played. Amazing what they can do with beeps and boops. Although most online content is currently lost. Not a huge downside to me though.

It really depends on what interests you, I own all of them and it’s really difficult to say which version is better. Of course each version got its uniqueness, starting with the V3:
it is the simplest out of the three. The whole purpose of it is to take care of your tamagotchi. The variety of characters is what I like about it even more.

V4: is the first version that introduced skills and the job system. It definitely has a lot more than just taking care of your tamagotchi. You can improve your tamagotchi skills which will determine the character you get and also the job when it evolves into an adult.

V6: This one is a lot of fun, you are meant to train your tamagotchi to become a music star. There are different types of music instruments and a lot of toys for your tamagotchi to play with. The characters might be less overall but the selection is nice and refreshing I don’t mind getting any of them because they all look great!

There some other features I didn’t mention so I don’t spoil the fun when you try them out yourself. happy2

Last edited:
It really depends on what interests you, I own all of them and it’s really difficult to say which version is better. Of course each version got its uniqueness, starting with the V3:
it is the simplest out of the three. The whole purpose of it is to take care of your tamagotchi. The variety of characters is what I like about it even more.

V4: is the first version that introduced skills and the job system. It definitely has a lot more than just taking care of your tamagotchi. You can improve your tamagotchi skills which will determine the character you get and also the job when it evolves into an adult.

V6: This one is a lot of fun, you are meant to train your tamagotchi to become a music star. There are different types of music instruments and a lot of toys for your tamagotchi to play with. The characters might be less overall but the selection is nice and refreshing I don’t mind getting any of them because they all look great!

There some other features I didn’t mention so I don’t spoil the fun when you try them out yourself. happy2
Thank you

Latest posts

Back