Why are the older black and white tamagotchis so expensive?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasu

Reaction score
I see iDLs for about £25, and older black and white ones for around £30-£90. Why is this? It's not the super old ones either, just v3, v4, v5 and v6.

It has been a long time since they were sold in stores, and as time passes, more and more people buy them online and they possibly end up in bad condition or thrown away. So it's becoming harder and harder to obtain those Tamagotchis, especially new in package.

I'm hoarding away a crate of unopened V3s and Music Stars for that reason. I know the value is likely to go up gradually ;)

They really shouldnt be priced for that much. People are spending the money on them so people think they're worth that much but in reality they arent :p

I think people are paying more for the nostalgia factor. It reminds them of their childhood gone by. And just like EMF said, they aren't available in brick and mortar stores any more. And some get trashed. And they're not being made any more. Lots of factors, but it all boils down to how much people are willing to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back