Would You Recommend the GigaPets Pixie?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BumblingBee

Reaction score
Just what it says on the tin. I'm thinking about getting the GigaPets Pixie at some point in the near future (maybe for my birthday in November, if I'm patient enough lol), but I'm not too sure if it's something I'd like. Bare in mind that this would be my first GigaPet, modern or otherwise.

It seems somewhat similar (at least in aesthetics) to the LPS corgi virtual pet, and I got a fair amount of enjoyment out of that device.

I don’t have an LPS Corgi, but I do have a Pig. The Pixie is not similar to the LPS Pig.

On the Pixie you mix and drink potions to direct which evolution outcome you get. It is fun, I like the Pixie. It is definitely more work than other GigaPets. When stats drop low enough it turns into the Thorn character. It seemed like mine was always Thorn when I would check it. Bringing the stats back up constantly was a chore. All these things didn’t bother me so much as the screen saver feature which turns the screen off. It looks like the battery has died until you get used to it.

After the Starcat release the GigaPets FAQ says they will be releasing a glitter shell Pixie next, date TBD. You might want to wait if that sounds like your style.

It seemed like mine was always Thorn when I would check it. Bringing the stats back up constantly was a chore.
Sounds tedious. :oo I tend to prefer the less needy vpets, and I've also heard that a lot of features are unusable when Thorn takes over. It would definitely be irritating to have to raise the pixie's stats... without being able to raise its stats. Y'know?

On the Pixie you mix and drink potions to direct which evolution outcome you get.
The potion thing sound interesting--I think I'd really prefer it over the standard care mistake-dependent evolutions. Still, if anything, I think I'll wait for that new shell before buying. Thanks for your reply!

Latest posts

Back