Your thoughts on Familitchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Rabbit

Reaction score
I recieved my Familitchi today. I was super excited since I thought the videos I've seen with it looked fun. But I was very dissapointed. I did not like the minigames. Tv surfing is very hard and I don't get a lot of cash on it, used to getting lots of cash on the v4.5 from the minigames. And the Tea pouring game was super hard, and sometimes the buttons didn't register? I don't feel the same connection that I do with the V4.5. My middle character's favorite hobby is slamming the door on his fridge, what's up with that? >_>

In conclussion - No sir, I don't like it. And I might put it up for trade later on.

What are your thoughts on the Familitchi, what do you like and dislike?

I bought the V5 when they first came out in France back then. But I didn't like it and was very disappointed at the time.

But I bought the v 5.5 like one or two months ago, and I love it !

I don't like the minigames on the v5 too, they are funnier on the 5.5.

But you know, before getting a tamagotchi on the internet, watch some videos , and especially videos showing the games; Thats what I do, because I can't risk the money for something I don't like.

Yeah, I got the v5 right after it came out, and I gotta say that I was disappointed as well. Probably the worst of all the connections, in my opinion. Honestly, I tend to think that the color tamas are the most fun.. but maybe that's just me.

@ Mousette - Yeah, I always watch videos, it seemed fun, but boy was I wrong XD

Ah well, gonna get some other ones once I get some more cash.

My middle character's favorite hobby is slamming the door on his fridge, what's up with that? >_>
That made me laugh...XD I think it's just taking food out of the fridge, they do weird stuff like that. It's just an odd animation, like cartwheels on the V3 or brushing teeth on the V4.

My likes -

• it's not majorly needy but not boring either
  • the games are okay, not annoyingly long or difficult
  • GP don't play a major role and you don't need to play ten million games to succeed on the Tama
Dislikes -

• no weight feature so there's no reason to play games
  • a little too simple and easy
  • some aspects (like bonding) are actually too difficult, until you find cheats that can get you past them, then they lose their meaning
Overall, I don't think the V5 is the best but it's nice how you can raise 3 characters. Good for logs with Tama conversations, or people who don't have much time.

I bought the V5 as soon as I heard about it, which was about a month after they came out and I gotta say... I was disapointed; the games are boring, there's no weight feature, family bonding is to difficult (unless you cheat), and the thing that bugged me the most was that there were no skill points, and finally there were no jobs (which were revelutionary on the V4) so raising your Tama into a specific type of person (IE a scientist) was pointless.

I liked my familitchi v5 because it was different. I remember playing it for the first time. However, I don't think I used it a lot (Can't remember as it was a while ago)

What I liked:

-It was fun raising multiple tamas at once

-It felt more homely and friendly

-The tv channel was cool

-It was different in a good way

-It didn't require huge amounts of constant care

What I disliked:

-No jobs. I don't mind this, but since it was released after the v4 it felt like it lacked a main feature.

-No weight. No reason to play games at times.

-Without tamagotchi town some of the features are gone.

-You couldn't focus on one certain tama.

Everything on there could have been a lot better. The whole thing is messed up. Like its great to raise three tamas, but i can make a long list of that V5 but i chose not to do it. I was really excited back then when i saw the commercial of it but when you start playing with it to me i lost interest in it. So far that's the only tamagotchi that loses my interests, but that dont mean i wont collect more of them. i will collect more of them but if i do i will just collect them meaning dont open the box. i'll just leave it in the box.

Now, the Familitchi is the only one I have right now, but I think it's a bit lacking and it suffers because TamaTown is gone right now. I like how we can raise a family and that the parent don't actually leave their children, that's nice. But you can neither name them, nor see their weight OR age. I really don't understand why there is no age on this one. I have no idea how old they are and even though I know how long the durations between the evolutions are, I don't know when it's time for them to evolve because they have no age. That is really bothering me.

And there is no real discipline option. Sure, the "personality" thing is a nice feature especially for when they evolve, but they only do so much. I only ever gave them smart toys to play with, but I still got an easygoing adult.

And yeah, 4 games. Though you can only play 2 of them in the first week because the others are only playable in the 2nd generation. And the first game is unbeatable. Seriously, you can not win them.

And of course - TamaTown. I miss it. The V5 is kinda not the same game without, that's sad. Without it it's quite a pain to earn points and you can't get the souvenirs anymore. Too bad.

All in all - I like it, the family thing is really nice and everything, but since TamaTown is gone it is lacking abit and even aside from TamaTown it is missing basic features that the other tamagotchi's have. Which is why I am gonna get another version, to keep me busier.

I found my old V5 in the storage room a few days ago. I had forgotten everything about it. I'm currently running it now. Some of you mentioned cheats to raise bonding. I used a code to get an item that supposedly does this but it doesn't seem to work. I've used it several times and the bonding level hasn't raised at all. What am I doing wrong?

Anyway, I'm enjoying it, but the family thing seems like it was added as an afterthought. The individual tamas don't seem to have their own names or personalities and only one of the three appears in games and when you use codes to get items. It's like that one's the one you're really raising and the other two are just there in the background.

I agree that the games are subpar. TV surfing is way too hard. The Tea game is easier and I've managed to get a perfect score several times. But it's often difficult to tell what position the cups are in and as someone else stated sometimes the buttons don't register. But the money you get isn't really that much. I've been using a money cheat.

I do have a few questions though. Do you get to keep all the items and money you acquire when you marry your Tama off and move on to the next generation? Are games and snacks the only way to raise happiness or are there some items that do so as well? If so which items? Finally, is the food you buy permanent or does it go away after you've fed them several times? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ran a V5.5 for a while, and yes - the food and items stay for each generation transition.

The purchased food items become permanent after purchasing. Not sure if the V5 works the same way, though.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the V5 a lot. Even though I'm cheating my butt off. It's all for a good cause though. To keep my Tamas happy and comfortable.

Well, the item which raise bonding only raise it per 0,3% or something and it only shows you when you increase the bonding by 10%. So you'd have to use those items quite a few times. It's much simpler to just change the time to shortly before 10 am, 2 pm, 4 pm and 6 pm. But since they are teens and adults for 2 days each there is more than enough time to raise their bonding before they can marry. Except if you miss all the times, because missing a call causes you to lose bonding.

Thanks for the tip. Now I'll work on getting the bonding to 100%.

I liked how innovative the V5 was, but now that TamaTown is gone, it just seems... I dunno.. Empty. Without codes, you can't really get anything anymore. Although, I'll be looking for a V5.5 online; my friend had one and it seemed a bit better.

And evidently, I'm the only one who's good at TV Surfing but horrible at Tea Time. XD

I liked how innovative the V5 was, but now that TamaTown is gone, it just seems... I dunno.. Empty. Without codes, you can't really get anything anymore. Although, I'll be looking for a V5.5 online; my friend had one and it seemed a bit better.

And evidently, I'm the only one who's good at TV Surfing but horrible at Tea Time. XD
How do you do that!? I find it absolutely impossible to win TV Surfing. It is just WAY too fast after the 7th round. I can only manage to the 7th round, in most cases only to the 5th. Tea Time on the other hand is ridiculously easy and I only fail because I don't pay enough attention.

The two other games are kinda hard too.. I thought they would be easy since I got to round 13-15 with no problems but figures you only get 10 points for that much. And it takes too much time to get that far. They really are horrible games to earn points.

And I just noticed the bonding goes back to 0% with every generation. Figures.

It's a big shame without tamatown for the v5. For me, the familitchi was the first tamagotchi that relied heavily on tamatown in some areas. You can play the v3 and v4 without tamatown, but the v5 is a bit lonely.

And as CrystalMimitchi said, I believe it was very innovative. Bandai risked going for a different approach rather than the single tama that had been around for years. It also added new features like the permanent food purchase. It was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back