Choosing an infrared cell phone for my iD-L? :0

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goopins

Reaction score
Would ANY cellphone with infrared work for transferring the downloads from computer>phone>tama? Or are some infrared phones not able to store the files? As far as choosing the right infrared phone goes, I don't know where to start or exactly what other capabilities the phone must have in order to do this. I'm worried I'll buy a junky infrared cell phone and it won't work... I would prefer to buy an infrared phone that comes with the data cable. If you guys have any immediate suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

I have read that cell phones are much easier for transferring the downloads in comparison to the IR dongles or whatever they are.

Lastly, I have a couple questions about the downloads. What are the limitations for my Tama iD-L as far as transferring downloads to it? How many games/items/etc can be downloaded? It can't be limitless I'm assuming...

Also, where are these downloads coming from, anyway? Are there always new ones being released? What's the best way to find them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all IR-equipped cellphones work. To determine if a phone might work, go to the manufacturer's web site, and download the users/owners manual for the phone model you're thinking about getting. If the manual has a section on how to send photos via IR, then that phone might work.

A list of compatible cellphones (and other IR devices) can be found in this tama-zone.com topic: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=22536

Step-by-step instructions how to transfer a download item from various phones to a Tamagotchi-iD L can be found in this tama-zone.com topic: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=24932

Maximum Download Storage on the Tamagotchi-iD L

Location___________Maximum number of downloaded items you can store there

Restaurant_________20 meals

TamaBakery__________5 snacks

TamaCafe___________15 snacks

Game Center_________2 mini-games

Gotchi Interior____10 livingroom wallpapers

TamaDepa___________15 (5 daily necessities plus 10 toys)

TamamoriShop_______15 (5 clothes plus 10 accessories)

Door Menu___________2 destinations

Mailbox____________21 (20 letters plus 1 happy mail)

A few new download items for the Tamagotchi-iD L series are released by Bandai every few days. So far there have been 785 released. The collection can be found in this tama-zone.com topic: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=24523

Thanks for the very informative reply, binary. I appreciate it! :D I'm still becoming acquainted with this forum (and my new tama) so forgive me if my questions are dumb.

And with that, what is happy mail for?

A Happy Mail is a sort of chain letter. On the Tamagotchi-iD L series, some items can be sent-by-IR from one Tamagotchi-iD L toy to another (in the same manner as a download file is sent from a cellphone to a Tamagotchi-iD L.) If you sent a Happy Mail from your Tamagotchi-iD L to three other Tamagotchi-iD L, you'll receive a prize. The prize depends on the Happy Mail (it's hidden in the Happy Mail download file). Some Happy Mail contain 2 or 3 different items; which of them you get is random. The prize could be a meal or snack (some get delivered directly to your character's refrigerator for free; others are added to the Restaurant or TamaCafe menu), an accessory (that gets added to the TamaMori Shop inventory), etc.

Wow! I might be too optimistic, but has anyone perhaps made a chart of which gives which? ;D

I have a palm treo coming in the mail tomorrow hopefully ;p is that your video I saw on YouTube, violetchi?

I've posted the charts in this topic on Tama-Zone: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=25360
Many times when I click links to tamazone I am blocked from seeing the post. It gives me a page that says this:

nav_m.gif

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic

-it doesn't make a difference if I sign on to my tamazone account. Do you have any idea why I get this message sometimes, binary?

Many times when I click links to tamazone I am blocked from seeing the post. It gives me a page that says this:

nav_m.gif

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic

-it doesn't make a difference if I sign on to my tamazone account. Do you have any idea why I get this message sometimes, binary?
The only explanation I can think of is that the board thinks you're a first time poster (which is a restricted user who hasn't passed the I'm-not-a-spambot test yet.) Maybe clear your cookies and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back