Bump Glitch - this may be the answer to your V5/V6 glitch!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a remake of a very panicky and unclear topic I made about a year ago.

I just thought I would post this, since I've seen a few topics in which people are having problems with a glitch, mainly occuring on the V5 and V6. I named it the bump glitch, although I don't know if it has another official name. Its "symptoms" are:

V5

Screen going blank without warning

Runoutofbatterytchi - a run out battery sign you can play with and feed. It turns to look like your character(s) when you do something with it.

Reset after screen blankout/Runoutofbatterytchi

V6

When battery is replaced, it shows your character, dead with weight 99 lbs

When battery is replaced, all the screen and icons go black and it screams consistently

When battery is replaced, it really eats up battery, replacing and resetting every 5 minutes

This glitch usually occurs when a Tamagotchi is dropped on a hard surface. In the previous topic, everyone said this was not a glitch but a breakage. I will make clear in this topic that it is definitely a glitch. Although it often breaks in the end, it always has one of the said "symptoms". If it just drops and the screen goes blank and it never responds to a battery change, yes that is broken. If it drops and the screen goes blank and it does weird things after a battery change, that is bump glitch.

I hope that if you came here because of a V5/V6 glitch that I have answered your question. Unfortunately, I don't yet know a way to fix the bump glitch. Its effects will be less severe if you keep it very safe and make sure it does not bump against anything. If anyone has any corrections to my information or tips on fixing the bump glitch, please post. ;)

Yes, that just happened to my sister's v6 recently. It was SCARY. It sounds like what you described except that poor Blue the Kuromametchi was 88 pounds. Either way, EEP.

Yes, that just happened to my sister's v6 recently. It was SCARY. It sounds like what you described except that poor Blue the Kuromametchi was 88 pounds. Either way, EEP.
Yup, that's bump glitch. I suggest being very careful with the Tama from now on, and don't drop it or bump it against anything. Is it okay now? Did the new character get past baby stage without glitching up even more? If it got past the baby stage without resetting itself or dying for no reason again, then your sister's V6 is probably safe as long as she's very careful with it. ;)

Yeah, Blue Jr. got by okay. :) Hope it stays that way! I'll tell her to be extra careful from now on though!

V6

When battery is replaced, it shows your character, dead with weight 99 lbs

When battery is replaced, all the screen and icons go black and it screams consistently

When battery is replaced, it really eats up battery, replacing and resetting every 5 minutes
I had that glitch before, but more strange things happened. It said that my Tamagotchi's favourite instrument was Mega Drums, which I never even had. The awards screen became completely messed up, and the pop award became the 'Happy Birthday' sign. However, I never bumped my Tamagotchi. Not that I know of, any way. Around that time it was experiencing extremely strange glitches, such as my adult character becoming an egg but still acting like a regular Tamagotchi. It's possible that I could have bumped my Tamagotchi, but I have a feeling that the glitches are caused by the Tamagotchi having low battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back