Infrared Downloads for the P's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainsley

Reaction score
I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my first Tamagotchi, a pink Tamagotchi P's! I don't speak/read Japanese, but I know there is an english patch available for download. From what I can gather, I need to transfer the download via Infrared to the Tamagotchi. However, I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about this. I've read that the USB adaptors are less than reliable, so I guess the only other option is a cell phone equipped with Infrared. I would like to spend the least amount of money possible, but I want to make sure it will work. Can anyone suggest some good phones? Also, would I need to pay to have service for the phone? I'm pretty clueless about all the transferring business. >.< I've tried to do some research on my own, but I'm still not totally clear on what exactly I need to do.

I would realllly appreciate any help you guys could give me, I wanna make sure I have all the supplies and knowledge I need when my Tama arrives so I can get to playing right away!

The Nokia ones are pretty good and the sony erricsion is very good too... they are all reliable because they dont have to install a driver like a pc adaptor. It all depends, some pc ones are good sometimes even better, there are still a amount of people think the adaptor is better. Good luck
Edit: nope you dont have to paid service charge, but you need a readable sim on some model, readable doesnt mean it has to have service.

For the pc ones choose polor as the brand, but ya, they are not relable coz install driver is a pain, the windows will likely not respond before you get to connect the tama.

There are cheap IrDA equipped phones too, shop around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Mac, not a PC, so I'm not sure if the adaptors will work on a mac? :[

Well, there are compatible ones, but most of them work on pc, I guess your right, you will need an phone instead.

Most of the polar ones are mac compatible.

Please tell me your running mac os x

Yes my Mac runs OS X. :]
Ugh I am not sure about macs I have 0 anowledge about macs, if you want to try you could buy the polar. A lot of tamafans here say it is reliable.

Though ya, I think you should buy a phone instead.

Hm I just googled the polar and it's saying it's not compatible with Macs. I'll start looking for phones, I'm just worried I'll end up getting that one that isn't compatible or doesn't do what I need it to do and then I'll have wasted money. >.<

Hm I just googled the polar and it's saying it's not compatible with Macs. I'll start looking for phones, I'm just worried I'll end up getting that one that isn't compatible or doesn't do what I need it to do and then I'll have wasted money. >.<
Here, i found one for ya:

https://www.amazon.com/IrDA-USB-2-0-Adapter-Windows/dp/B004GED7SI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404695221&sr=8-1&keywords=irda+mac

OS Compatibility: Windows XP, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as Linux and Mac OSX

Edit: If you want to use phone, you could use computer built in bluetooth to transfer the file to your phone than irda to your tama

Forgot to mention, you need pc suit for phone if you want to transfer the file to phone via usb

Thanks so much! I'll compare the price with the phones you mentioned. :]

Thanks so much! I'll compare the price with the phones you mentioned. :]
Heres the english translate patch link that MR.Blinky(developer,decoder,programmer) made.

https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=26780&st=0

Register on tamazone there are a lot of experts there to help you.

I also found a list of phone that have used to transfer irda

Mr blinky(the english patch developer and tester) used:

1. Nokia 6230i - Mr.Blinky

For computers:

Acer Ferrari F-1000 Notebook with Windows XP - Mr.Blinky

Compaq Armada 110 Notebook with Windows XP - Mr.Blink

For irda adapter:

Sweex UFIR Stir(2.0) USB IrDA dongle (Sigmatel USB IrDA dongle) with Windows 8.1 - Mr.Blinky

(THOUGH FOR WINDOWS8.1)

I found the above on tamazone!

Please feel yourself like home both on tamatalk and tamazone, the guides (I am not one of them) are kind and will be glad to help you no matter what

Ah thank you so much! I'm actually registered at Tama Zone as well, I'm 'Fairycake' over there.

So from what you can tell, would this work ok?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-6230i-Black-Unlocked-Cellular-Phone-main-charger-bundle-/111381523635?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item19eedb2cb3
Sorry I live in a country that have different timezone, then i'm like maybe half of day between, so I might not be able to reply you right away.

That sure is a good price, you should get it.

I don't speak/read Jap fluently, but the color tamas are pretty easy to understand, anyway, even without an English patch. There are a lot of good tama-guides online, too ^__^

I don't speak/read Jap fluently, but the color tamas are pretty easy to understand, anyway, even without an English patch. There are a lot of good tama-guides online, too ^__^
YUP! IKR, tamas are always fun, no matter what language!

By the way I love Japanese and I am learning right now.

Sorry I live in a country that have different timezone, then i'm like maybe half of day between, so I might not be able to reply you right away.

That sure is a good price, you should get it.
ACTUALLY< watch out it does not include a battery, WATCH OUT!

I rarely see these old phones cost less than 100 bux so....

A battery is very expensive and rare right now.

So I'm super excited because my Tamagotchi P's, Nokia 2865i (with wall charger and USB) just arrived in the mail today!

I'm having some trouble with the phone though. How on earth do I get it connected to my Macbook?! I have it plugged in through the USB, but I have no idea where to access it on my computer. Any ideas? D:

Ignore me, I was able to connect it with bluetooth!

So I'm super excited because my Tamagotchi P's, Nokia 2865i (with wall charger and USB) just arrived in the mail today!

I'm having some trouble with the phone though. How on earth do I get it connected to my Macbook?! I have it plugged in through the USB, but I have no idea where to access it on my computer. Any ideas? D:
https://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-pc-suite/

THe best one I recommand is through bluetooth.

I prefer using bluetooth to send it to the phone and then irda to your tama

Good luck :)

Edit: Sorry This delayed to display I saw that you problem solved

Nice job.

I've got a Sony Ericsson K770i, do you think it will work, guys? Also, are there still only 3 patches or has a 4th patch been released? I can't find a 4th one, I watched some videos by RaTamaZone and his videos are up to the third patch. I'm thinking of ordering a white P's a Christmas gift myself, so I'll have got one month to prepare... ^_^

The 4th patch is expected around the end of the year.

If anyone needs their P's patched, I'm happy to do it. I was able to patch my wife's yellow P's with surprising ease. I was afraid it would be more involved than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back