Tamagotchi emulator for PC.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA311

Reaction score
Hello,

For the last year I have been working on a Tamagotchi emulator.

I have finished the basic estructure of the game, but I still have a long way to go...

The current version of the game has, among others, the following characteristics:

• You can gain skill points (they will be more relevant in later releases)
  • You can raise up to 3 characters at the same time, in separate rooms.
  • There are only 2 growth stages (Baby and Child), but I will add the rest in the future.
  • There are 13 baby characters and 32 child characters.
  • There are 8 games in the game centre, 1 is unblocked by growth and 6 by obtaining the skill point which corresponds to that game.
  • Child characters can access the preschool.

28rgwbd.jpg

You can download it here.

If there is any problem or if you have any questions, please tell me!

Bye!

This looks absolutely awesome! If you would want i could help you with sprites and backgrounds? We could talk more about this in PM if you'd want to, and I could show you some of my work. Also, i would be more than happy to test your game (I saw the Status post)

This looks absolutely awesome! If you would want i could help you with sprites and backgrounds? We could talk more about this in PM if you'd want to, and I could show you some of my work. Also, i would be more than happy to test your game (I saw the Status post)
Thank you for leaving a comment!

If you want to test the game, just download it from the link that I left it the first post of this topic.

If any error happens, please take a screenshot of it and tell me, so I can fix it. ^_^

There are a lot of characters so help is welcome, but you would need to send me an example of a sprite made by you.

I'm spriting Obotchi right now, so you could send me a sprite of Ojyotchi, for example. (24 x 24 pixels, try to make it as similar as posible to the official artwork)

24panvo.jpg
(I'm not very good at spriting, myself...)

Bye!

Thank you for leaving a comment!

If you want to test the game, just download it from the link that I left it the first post of this topic.

If any error happens, please take a screenshot of it and tell me, so I can fix it. ^_^

There are a lot of characters so help is welcome, but you would need to send me an example of a sprite made by you.

I'm spriting Obotchi right now, so you could send me a sprite of Ojyotchi, for example. (24 x 24 pixels, try to make it as similar as posible to the official artwork)

24panvo.jpg
(I'm not very good at spriting, myself...)

Bye!
Sounds awesome! I'll end you the sprites as soon as I can, and test the game!

I'm doing great so far! Mija's a Tororotchi (still) and I hatched a new egg, his name is Sonny, the Memeotchi :3 No deaths (and errors) yet :D

EDIT: Sonny evolved into Ahirukutchi. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to thank everyone who tried the game.

Also, I forgot to mention that not all 32 child characters are available yet, as 7 of them (Marutchi and the ones from the Ura-Tama) only appear on even generations. :p

(You can always search for your save file and hack it, though :lol: )

This is only a test version, so it's still laggy and buggy...

In order to prevent losing your data and having to start over in case on error, I recommend closing and opening the program every now and then. (It saves automatically when closed)

Please ask any question you have and report any bug you find! (A screenshot would be helpful)

I made some growth charts for the current version of the game:

2w1tbu8.jpg
124em4n.jpg

2u8jva0.jpg
xomskw.jpg

The hearts represent the level of care given: Good, Average and Bad.

The skill symbols mean that those skills have to be risen considerably.

For example, if you don't rise Memeotchi's skills enough but give him excellent care, he will still become an Ahirukutchi, instead of a Memebotchi.

For the Petitchis it's a bit different.

Next to the bar saying "None" in their status icon, there are 2 symbols from different families.

One of them is from the "None" family, but the other from other family.

A Petitchi is only able to evolve into the child character which needs the skill points corresponding with the family from that symbol.

If anyone wants to help with the spriting, they can, but they will need to show me a sprite drawn by them first.

Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back