Version 5 Button Stutter

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchikid

Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm having a problem with my version 5. The left and right buttons work perfectly, but the middle button occasionally registers a single press as two or three presses. Does anyone know a possible cause and solution for this issue? I once had to throw away a version 2 because the middle button became completely unresponsive and I couldn't fix it, so I really hope that doesn't happen to my version 5.

Thanks!

Although I'm not 100% certain if this is the issue, but I think it might be the contact of the button against the chip. Open up the device and clean off the area the button touches. I usually use a pencil eraser to do it.

I don't think your V5 has a problem as my own V5 does that and I've heard others mentioning it as well. I also read a topic awhile back of someone cleaning the button contacts of the V5, but the problem still remained. In theory, I don't see why cleaning the button contacts would remove this issue considering the problem is the V5 is too responsive, not unresponsive. Additionally, it is only a problem when selecting and since the select and confirm options are done by different buttons, its just annoyance.

Update: I took the back off and noticed that some of the screws holding the Tamagotchi's front and back halves together were loose. I screwed them down more thoroughly and it seems to have fixed the button stutter, at least for now.

EDIT: Aaaaaand now it's happening again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think v5's are just prone to button stutter. Same for v6 (Music Stars).

They just made them with less care back then, it seems. I wonder if Famitama has the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back