When did the Tamagotchis get the naming feature disabled?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamametchiandMametchi

Reaction score
Like, what versions don't have the naming function to name your Tamagotchi? All I know is, is that the V5 only lets you name your family, but the Tamagotchis have their own names.

I'm guessing v5/ famitama as it would be hard to name 3 tamas at once and by then bandai had made millions of tamas with their own names that people started to want to know so from then the tamaschool was made who that every name of v1-5 characters in it and after that with the tamagotchi 2nd movie the toy became an anime product so no naming was needed as everyone knew the pet you raised was "chamametchi" etc.

So it went all the way to the V5 to the Tama-Go? Or did they disable the naming function on the Tamagotchi Friends toy also?

English version wise yes, you only input your name but not the pet's name on the v5,6,Tama-go and tamagotchi friends the v5 and six had family name and band name added Aswell.

English version wise yes, you only input your name but not the pet's name on the v5,6,Tama-go and tamagotchi friends the v5 and six had family name and band name added Aswell.

The naming feature was removed in Japan first... On the Tamagotchi iD I think? Maybe the Plus Color but I'm not sure...

The Japanese color Tamagotchis are strongly connected to the anime. And since Tamagotchis in the anime are just called by what character they are, and aren't called by different names, they removed the option to name the virtual pets. The Tama-Go came after Japanese color Tamagotchis and is also connected to the anime, and that's why it doesn't have the name feature either. Neither does the Tamagotchi Friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually emf they stopped in japan from the famitama as after the jap v5 they had the tamasuku and then colors all of which had anime movies etc tied to them plus everyone one knew the name of their pets anyway.

They disabled it during the fith gen but for some reason they didn't ever bring it back on music star and modern releases.(I might be wrong:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back