The influence of gender on the V4

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 59735

Reaction score
Some time ago the first tamagotchis were released (10 years ago). Back then, tamas were neutral characters, they didn't belong to one gender. Some time later, the first gender-determined characters came out in Japan (one female and one male to breed offspring). Then, on the first connections (I now don't make a difference between connexions and connections), all tamas wee either male or female, but you could still receive every character from the character chart, independent of the gender.

Now, with the V4 tamas, all of a sudden certain characters are male, while others are female. Thus far, I can still understand it, as some of the new characters look more female, so perhaps Bandai thought, it would be rare to receive these characters when having a male character.

What I don't understand in this is, why are the special characters you can receive restricted to one gender? Again, for the Makiko, which really looks quite female, this can be explained by the appearance. But what for the Tensaitchi and the Nonbiritchi?

I mean, those could be either male or female, so why can they only be received when you do have a male tamagotchi?

I hope, I could make my point clear and would like to know what you think about this one.

I does sound LIke a very good point...But I guess Bandai Just wanted to make everything balanced. @___@

Yes you're right Tensaitchi and Nonbiritchi look like they could be male or female, but Makiko is definatly female. I don't like it that much actually, it's not really fair that the tama has to be a specific gender to turn into a specific character.

I reckon Makiko could be female, Nonbiritchi could be male and Tensaitchi could be both... but what if the luck of the draw gives you the gender you don't desire?

I kinda like that feature. I mean, it was quite annoying when I had a male Tama and got a Violetchi. :D Now, I can only get Violetchi if I have a , which makes alot more sense (Violetchi is a pink character with flowers for ears; I don't think that would be a boy... :D ).

-DDDTrooper :D

you are absolutely right, a Violetchi doesn't look much like a boy. This was exactly what I meant. It is an improvement for some characters. But, the Tensaitchi could, like mentioned above be both female or male, I mean it looks like a scientist and they also are either male or female. That would also be more balenced, as now you have two male special characters and only one female. It doesn't really matter to me, but the balance-aspect was mentioned before and this is definitely not balanced.

So, perhaps on the next generation, there are more special characters, or mametchis can again be both male and female (by the way, did you recognize, that the matchmaker can bring a female mametchi as a partner???) and then the special character Tensaitchi can be received independent of the gender...

As for the female Mametchi - BanDai rushed to get V4s out before Christmas and made some mistakes, as quoted by spudilike -

Sometimes the matchmaker brings children or sometimes even a bunch of scrambled pixels!
(Can't remember exactly for I'm only 10.)

E=MC2

@Tensaitchi@

It would be nice if they had just a few "unisex" characters...

I mean, I LOVE Androthchi, but he's BOY ONLY?!? Androtchi doesn't specifically (sp?) look like either gender, so I would like that better... :angry:

Yeah thats the thing that i dont understand!I had a memetchi 2 tyms and it always falls on the female and the guzoratchi on the male :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :gozarutchi:

:furawatchi: It does make sense to make charecters in catogorys, male, :ph34r: or feamale :furawatchi: beacuse you wouldnt want a male tama with a bow on his head*** :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: :gozarutchi:

In some ways, I think it is good. On the v1 I got memetchi when I had a boy. That was kind of weird... It helps make sure the characters that look like girls are girls and vise versa. Like ~Zunky~ said, it helps make everything in balance.

In some ways, it can also be bad. I cannot get certain characters I want beacuse I do not have the right gender.

Luckliy, there are no genders on the mini so it helps prevent gender confusion.

Something I just realized is that Mimitchi is a girl!!!!!! And the whole time I was raising a boy, I thought I would get a Mimitchi... :( Instead, I got a Matsuritchi, which isn't half bad, he looks like a sushi chef.

Something I just realized is that Mimitchi is a girl!!!!!! And the whole time I was raising a boy, I thought I would get a Mimitchi... :blink: Instead, I got a Matsuritchi, which isn't half bad, he looks like a sushi chef.
A v4.5 has a Mimitchi as a high care level Ura-universal family character only. Matsuritchi is gotten from a boy Ura-mame family character with high Passion points.

On a v4 though, you can get Mimitchi from a Mame family female character with high Intelligence points.

I kinda like that feature. I mean, it was quite annoying when I had a male Tama and got a Violetchi. :( Now, I can only get Violetchi if I have a , which makes alot more sense (Violetchi is a pink character with flowers for ears; I don't think that would be a boy... :D ).
-DDDTrooper :p
i 100% agree. that bugged me alot 2.

I'll start off with a quick link (the first in a Google search) to help explain what I mean in the rest of this post:

https://www.med.monash.edu.au/gendermed/sexandgender.html - The Difference between Sex and Gender. If you get confused whenever I say sex or gender, just refer back to this page.

Basically, the way I look at it, is that no matter if the Tamagotchi says "Male" or "Female", you can have sometimes have a male that looks rather feminine. We should be thankful that the Tamagotchi covers reproduction in such a simple and whimsical way - thanks to the matchmaker and the "breeding" process, we don't have to worry about a Tamagotchi's anatomy. Which means, we don't have to worry about sex (the biological differences!)

While some users aren't too keen on the gender situation and subsequent odd character/gender pairings, I don't mind.

My very first gender-capable Tamagotchi gave me a male who blatantly looks feminine. Furthermore, he is now in the circus. He wears a butterfly mask and has a cute, cherub-like tuft of hair. His name is Tep, and he is a charming Celebtchi.

Read my blog entry regarding the topic - it's short.

https://www.blogagotchi.com/Mahinva/12463/G...lebtchi%21.html

I don't know how other users would interpret that, I don't know what Bandai meant by it, but I personally consider him to be feminine. If one would want to go so far to play the "straight or not" game, I'd say "he's not" and be fine with it. It is, after all, a game character that I have raised. This is how his growth path went and that's fine by me. I think he looks cute, but silly! He was a Daiyatchi before, by the way.

Everything is up to the interpretation of the individual, and personal morals and ethics are a key factor in how an individual handles situations, people, and concepts in life. This in itself can present a very long discussion which is constantly going on between various groups and would stray from the Tamagotchi discussion.

While I think that it's odd to have such combinations, I feel that it adds a new element to the game - it makes such characters seem even more special. This game, after all, is about caring for and raising a Tamagotchi.

I totally agree thats its not fair that the special characters are a specific gender. I had a girl that was in the right family and had 350 intelligence points but couldn't be the special character beacause she was the wrong gender. I was really upset because i had worked really hard to meet all the specifications but in the end couldnt do it because my tamagotchi was a girl. I also think bandai is a little sexist. Its as if only boys can be intelligent or nice and only girls have style.

I'm not the biggest fan of that either.I know this has nothing to do with the ender issue but I think it's a it annoying that you have to get a Mohitamatchi to get a Kuchi family charater.Bandai is mocking me I've gone for every secret character at least twice and it's evolved intot hewrong adult teen or toddler.

It's definitely an improvement. I hated getting a boy Violetchi or a girl Mametchi. And Tensaitchi and Nonbiritchi look very much like boys so that's why they put them as boys. They look just as much like boys and Makiko looks like a girl if you ask me. The only thing I wonder is why they put Nikatchi as a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back