It reset itself....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KachipatchiLvr3000

Reaction score
:lol: okay so when i was changing the batteries in my v3 it reset itself. Then my v5 reset itself when i was changing the batteries. Does any body have any idea what happened? :furawatchi:

I believe the tamagotchi requires constant power from batteries to operate (no backup power :furawatchi: ). When batteries are taken out of it, it loses its power source and turns off. When you added your new batteries and turned it back on, it reset just like when you removed the tag when you first got it.

I believe the tamagotchi requires constant power from batteries to operate (no backup power :furawatchi: ). When batteries are taken out of it, it loses its power source and turns off. When you added your new batteries and turned it back on, it reset just like when you removed the tag when you first got it.
That's not quite right. In all the modern Tamagotchis (those made since 2004) there is a small amount of nonvolatile RAM inside. Your data (character type, age & other stats, inventory - gotchi points, food, etc.) are backed up there every so often. Generally, when your battery gets low, you can replace it with a fresh one, then press the reset button, and select Download from the Download/Reset menu to restore this data. Then you will see your character is back. (She may have lost a few hours growth time, but otherwise she'll be the same.)

When I'm not running a particular Tamagotchi, I remove the battery. For some, I've installed a fresh battery months later, and after selecting Download, I've been able to resume caring for the same character I left off with.

As binary said you can press download and retrieve your charecter back.

If you got a menu saying Reset or Download and you pressed Reset, then yes, you would have had to start fresh.

That's not quite right. In all the modern Tamagotchis (those made since 2004) there is a small amount of nonvolatile RAM inside. Your data (character type, age & other stats, inventory - gotchi points, food, etc.) are backed up there every so often. Generally, when your battery gets low, you can replace it with a fresh one, then press the reset button, and select Download from the Download/Reset menu to restore this data. Then you will see your character is back. (She may have lost a few hours growth time, but otherwise she'll be the same.)
When I'm not running a particular Tamagotchi, I remove the battery. For some, I've installed a fresh battery months later, and after selecting Download, I've been able to resume caring for the same character I left off with.
wow really! Thanks binary I honestly didn't know that. I was just going off my experience with my V1 (have only had the Music Star for a month).

i did NOT press reset what happened is that i got a screen with an egg pressed da middle button and it reset itself. for the v5 i put da batteries in & a tama came on and said wait and it reset its self! Im not trying to be mean im just upset that my v3 reset. I never de-bugged it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's normal for V5's. That happened to my friends to.

Im not so sure about the other one tho.

Its normal for the v5s to reset them selfs?!

Last edited by a moderator:
After you take the battery out and put a fresh one in.. I think so.

I've heard that if your battery goes low (or dead) when the V5 characters are on vacation (paused by using the travel channel), bad things can happen. Other than that, it should behave as previous versions did, allowing you to continue after pressing download.

This happened to me too!

It means you have to change the battery but you have to start ALL THE WAY back to the 1st Gen.

This happened to me when it was in my pocket while playing on the computer & I was on my 20 Gen. Then it restarted itself!!!

I was sad....... ;) :eek: -_- -_- -_- -_-

I've heard that if your battery goes low (or dead) when the V5 characters are on vacation (paused by using the travel channel), bad things can happen. Other than that, it should behave as previous versions did, allowing you to continue after pressing download.
what kind of bad things?

She probably means like it resetting itself for instance.

did you maybe accidentally press a button I was board and I took my batteries out and then put them back in my V5 and I nearly reset it with out noticing

Sometimes I wish Tamagotchis were rechargable so we wouldn't have to keep taking batteries out and downloading them and stuff. It'd be so much easier... Oh well. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back