Any Jr. Authors Here?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Kaythina~

Reaction score
Anyway, do you like to write stories and want to be an author when you grow up? I call those people "Jr. Authors." and I'm one of them. I LOVE to write stories. I base all of my role plays on my stories. Except Open Book. I started to write that one, but into the first chapter, I realised there would be copyright issues with INKHEAT. If you read the plot of Open Book, and know the plot of Ink-heart, you would know.

The book I'm writing right now is Ghostly Encounters, about 5 girls named Kaytee, Tara, Maxine, Ali, and Maggy who keep seeing the ghosts of two dead classmates Kathlyn and Shannon in their Boarding School. (We all remember that 'fail' role play) I even made up a Little Author's Writing Club. We got around 11 members, including my co-owners, but I haven't had a meeting in 3 months, and nobody entered the contest. What an epic fail that was! o.0

I'm 13, so I'm not sure if I count as one of your Jr. Authors XD. But yeah, I write. I've only posted some well, pretty terrible stuff on this but I've written better. Most of-Well actually all my rp characters were origanally story characters. Yes, people who've been on Endless, GRP, School or any others I'm in, that includes Victor. Anyway, my current book is set in Italy and I'll put on TT later because it's actually turning out quite well, although I'll have to star out swears *sob*. I've been writing stories since I could write properly, and even before that I made them up and told my mum to write my crap down. I've already got my friends to critique the current one and asked them to be HONEST, and they said it's good.

EDIT: I was in rush when posting this because my friend was round so I wanted to add more to the post XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. I've started writing MANY stories and a lot of people like them, but then I get new ideas and never finish them D: But every so often I'll come back to my old stories that are worth continuing and continue them. A really old one I started a while back about vampires, (I posted a bit of it in things we read a while back) I'm working on it a little bit more. There's one that I thought was pretty good, but it's more of a fanfiction x3 here's a link to it.

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showt...tory+im+writing

The last post was 2 months ago. You can leave a post because technically it's not old enough to be considered bumped :)

Yes, Best.Username.Ever, you count as a jr. author. A jr. author is someone who isn't really an author who's famous, books are in store, doesn't have a real editing crew. So you can be a jr. author even if your like 43 years old!

I don't want to be a novelist, but I want to do something involving writing. Whether it's writing scripts, commercials, business reports or something, I'm good. I love to write stuff because I'm really creative and it never gets boring for me. I won 3 magazine contests because of the 'write a caption for this picture' contest, maybe it's because I butter them up by complimenting their magazine in all my entries

I am. Most of my stories are put into drawings later. So maybe..comic drawer? XD

Still. I love writing.

I love writing and would like to be an author when I grow up. I had to write a short story for one of my classes and it ended up being a not-so-short-story xD I plan on expounding on it and creating a full plot.

I like to write. :)

No, wait; let me rephrase that:

I absolutely LOVE to write. ;3 ;) ;D

I HAVE written two books before; they're in my series called "The Rodent Clans," and I DO want to publish them someday; the only problem is that I'll have to contact Vicky Holmes (editor of Warriors....) to get permission, because even though they ARE about rodents and stuff, they still DO bear some resemblances to Warriors, and copyright issues and lawsuits could come up if I publish them without permission. ;3 ;) ;D If I get permission, I'm all good to go! ^^;

I'm only 12; turning 13 on July 2nd. ^^;

Btw, does anybody know where I actually CAN contact Vicky Holmes? Thanks. ;3 :D ;D

I love writing. I really do.

This summer, it's my goal to write a lot more. I'll finally have the time~

Some of you know my role-play Open Book. Yes, I'm turning ALL that into a story. A 3 book story:

First 100 pages=first book called "Open Book"

101-200=second book called "Kidnapped"

201-175+My imagination=last book called "Safe?"

For those of you in Open Book who read this, do you think I should contact Cornelia Funke before I try to get it published (creator of Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath) because it has somewhat the same idea. Haha. I have no clue.

My best friend is drawing the cover page for book 1. I'll take a pic and show you.

Some of you know my role-play Open Book. Yes, I'm turning ALL that into a story. A 3 book story:First 100 pages=first book called "Open Book"

For those of you in Open Book who read this, do you think I should contact Cornelia Funke before I try to get it published (creator of Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath) because it has somewhat the same idea. Haha. I have no clue.

My best friend is drawing the cover page for book 1. I'll take a pic and show you.
I don't know! I havn't read the Ink series, but there are many stories based off of "Harry Potter" and arn't pulled off the sheleves! Maybe you DO need to call Cornelia! But I don't know :3

On topic, I'm planning on writing a manga when I'm older. :3

KK, thx. I have a good chance of getting it published, because someone in my class's mum owns a publishing company. Hehe. :)

When I was little, I was the nerd child that wanted to be an author, while everyone wanted to be firefighters and vets. -_-

I have all the ability to write, but when I start a story, I usually get bored of it halfway through.

I'm also not very good with the whole planning process. That leads to my work being edited to death. It's sad.

I enjoy writing lyrics and poems, but stories are the best. Problem is, I can never think of an idea. :/

Some of you know my role-play Open Book. Yes, I'm turning ALL that into a story. A 3 book story:First 100 pages=first book called "Open Book"

Yes you should.

It may be very hard to obtain but you do.

Because even if it contains anything similar to Inkheart, that gives the copyright people a right to sue.

Kk. I was planning to, because here's some info:

Similar:

Inkheart:

People come OUT of the book.

Open Book:

People get trapped in the book.

Both:

It's about a book.

Both:

The book in the story is evil.

Different:

Inkheart:

None of the real people get killed.

Open Book:

The real people get killed often.

Inkheart:

Doesn't have a lot of plots.

Open Book:

Has a TON of plots.

Inkheart:

Dustfinger finds his way back in the book.

Open Book:

They will never get back to the real world!

Inkheart:

Is for all ages.

Open Book:

Kindof PG12-13????

I lovelovelove writing!

Though I must admit, I'm not all that great, and it's incredibly rare when I'd just sit down and think about what to write, and then get writing. I get all these wacky ideas, but I never get to writing them.

It used to be my dream to be a kid's author and illustrator, but I'm not all that keen on it now. I've started writing several stories and books, but I never ever got to even the middle of the book, let alone finishing it.

[insipational sentence]So everyone here, don't give up like I did. Keep going. Be as creative as you can, and be sure to get to know these publishing companies, and hopefully one day, I'll get to read a book or two by someone from TT :) [/end of inspirational sentence]

I have a good chance of getting it published, because someone in my class's mum owns a publishing company. Hehe. :)
No offense but that still doesn't give you a good chance...

Despite the fact you know her that still doesn't mean you can just magically get it published. It costs money. A LOT of money. You have an equal chance as anyone considering the fact that knowing someone in the business isn't the only way to get it published, and there's a small chance it will actually become famous.

Just cause she's your friend's mom doesn't mean she can go easy on you, it's part of her job, it costs a lot of money. So don't get ahead of yourself.

And another thing, if you're basing Open Book on a roleplay the members of TT participated in, I think that technically means you owe anyone who participated a share of the money you earn considering they helped in the making of the book.

Plus your books would be HIGHLY edited. They're called Editors and if you want it published, you have to listen to them. They may say add something here or delete this chapter or anything they want.

^way to crush dreams. Now I think it's a stupid idea, and that If I want to be an author, my life must suck eggs, and I get rained on by suers.

So now, thanks to one person's rudely-said-acting-like-i'm-stupid comment, I'm giving up my dream. So yah. [sarcasm]Thank you for that lovely remark![/sarcasm]

^way to crush dreams. Now I think it's a stupid idea, and that If I want to be an author, my life must suck eggs, and I get rained on by suers. So now, thanks to one person's rudely-said-acting-like-i'm-stupid comment, I'm giving up my dream. So yah. [sarcasm]Thank you for that lovely remark![/sarcasm]
...I'm merely saying that it may not get published at a young age. You don't have to twist my words and act as if I was insulting you. I'm merely telling you the truth. Getting a book published is hard. And if you want it done badly enough you should at least know what you have to do :/ Plus, I only said Don't get ahead of yourself, and told you reasons why. You've obviously proven that if you're giving your "dream" up that easily it wasn't a good one. I never said it as an insult. I said it as a fact.

Whatever though. Your welcome for merely telling you what publishing REALLY is.

Latest posts

Back