Any Jr. Authors Here?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am writing a book now, because I like to write. But I don't want to make a living off of it, or be a junior writer or anything. I'm just going with it. ;]

I'm known for writing stories, but it has taken 2 years for just one. Writing involves planning and research and etc. The book I'm currently writing is a series, following a girl named Noelle.^^

Hm, I used to right ALL THE TIME.

I actually finished a few books...

I just don't do it much anymore.

Huh.

I have a lot of books half-finished too.

There's one that I actually like the plot, but I haven't worked on it lately.

Maybe I should.

Well, I wrote a story when I was like, twelve, called Three Spies. Hahah, it's aweful, now that I look back on it. There were a set of triplets, named Molly, Polly, and Holly, and they had to solve a murder. It was more or less for fun in Creative Writing class with my friends, and completely far fetched. But I'm proud because I actually developed a plot and FINISHED IT. :]

And then for a while I worked on a book called, "Cats Can Fly," but it was kind of a play off Warriors... it had a decent concept though, about mythical cats that earned their wings through good deeds. They were the "light" cats; fairy cats, who fought the "dark" cats; the vampire cats. I got over half way, but never finished.

I was working on a book with the classic plot -- young girl is stupid, falls for wrong guy. Girl gets knocked up. Guy abuses her and leaves. The end. But you know, I was expanding on it and trying to get down into the emotions of the characters... and I love writing dialoge, so there was LOTS of dialoge. I haven't worked on it for nearly six months though.

Though I still love to write, I really don't write anymore and wouldn't pick "author" as my future career choice. (When I was younger, I wanted to be an author, but now I want to go into either education or journalism.)

I've had a story published. But it wasn't a very good one, and it seemed even worse actually published. I wrote much better stories two years ago. Now, I seem to have lost all my talent. I'm viewed as average in English. I'm a lot better at maths. That's fine, though, as I doubted I would be a writer anyway. I can't concentrate on one story anyway. And I always end up bringing real, famous people into my stories. I make stories up in my head, but I imagine them as TV shows, not novels. And, they're always pretty disturbing. I don't think I could get published again, and I wouldn't be able to cope with someone editing what I wrote...

I used to write and write and write. I used to want to be an author badly.

Then I looked up how often teenagers get accepted as authors and I have a 2% chance.

I still write. Only a little though.

My latest attempt at a story is about a girl and her well connected friends trying to steal money from Fort Knox so they can help the poor.

So, yha.

I write all the time, but I've never actually finished a whole novel yet. Or gotten past 30 typed pages x_x; I lack the ability to commit.

Tip: don't write stories in the evening! I did last night, and I kind of ruined what I wrote. It was supposed to be about an escape from an island, but I started writing about a marriage proposal! I thought it was random, but it seemed good at the time. Now I've slept, it seems insane! I wouldn't mind, but it was school homework! I don't know what to do now! So don't think up new ideas in the evening!

I'm 11... would I be considered a Jr Author? I think so. I love love LOVE writing and all of my friends say I'm a really good writer. I may be going to 6th grade but (believe me or not) I read at an 11th grade level. I love reading. I was reading a 7th grade book level of The Wizard of Oz in 3rd grade, took a test on it and got 100%. I love writing so much and I mostly write mysteries where my best friends get kidnapped and I have to save them... so am I considered a Jr Author and is that weird that I can read at 11th grade level?

I'm a writer, but it's moreso poetry rather than books and stories, etc.

Although, at the moment, I'm aiming to write about a couple, who were together, but then are separated for a looooong period of time, and find each other again.

She is still in love with him, but he has a girlfriend, and she attempts to win him back.

It shall be funny :)

I've loved writing ever since I was little and always said I wanted to be an author. I don't want to be an author anymore because, unless what I write becomes J.K. Rowling-like famous, I probably won't get paid much. Between the ages of 6-10 I spent practically all my spare time reading. My favorites were by Roald Dahl (hooray for Matilda!) and a few others by the British Enid Blyton. So I've been really inspired by Roald Dahl's books and I tried to imitate his style as much as possible. I actually wrote a very long story that was loosely based on the scene where Harry blows up Marge in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and I think I wrote it pretty well. That unnamed story featured the villain, "Aunt Sylvia" who was loosely based on both Marge and Miss Trunchbull from Matilda. I gave a printed copy of it to my Dad on his birthday and he loved it. My stories are very unusual but they're okay if I say so myself. I don't like writing long series, I go more for short ones because it can get very tiring to write about the same thing over and over again.

i lohhvee writing, &&

I have a whole bunch of unfinished work that I did a while back.

I should finish the things I started,

because I've been doing less reading and writing and more computering and tv-ing. xD

I actually like a lot of the old poems I have, too.

So I should continue. I just get so lazy about it.

If I read a book thugh, I get all inspired start something. Then I forget about it.

But I should definitly start again D:<

I should finish that one book!

-remembers story she liked that she started up a while ago-

8]

Yes I love to write but my storys are sucking right now...they will get better in the future.

Makiko500, my teacher has us do writing prompts. We'll do things like "our personal sacrifice", "what's the best thing that's happened to you", so on. It's actually helping my writing. Sometimes we'll do paragraphs which can be completely off topic but describing emotions and capturing the emotions, as our teacher says it.you might want to try that. it helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back