OMG STOP complaining!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbletea

Reaction score
Everyone who constantly is WHINING over the tamagotchi + color being in japanese and too expensive, STOP IT ALREADY!!!!

It's not going to change it, so move on! I'm sick of reading replies that are like "OMG it's sooo expensive, it needs to be like $20 bucks" or "it's in Japanese, I can't play it because I don't know japanese!!!1one!".

NO, it will never be $20 dollars, why? Because it's using a color LCD screen. It's not like the regular black pixel display, it takes a hell of a lot more to get it to be color and the animations for it are amazing. Animating on the color is WAY harder than all the others; pixel pushing = no fun. It's expensive because of the amount of time it takes to make it.

It's the same quality as a super nintendo or sega game. You'd spend $60 on a cartridge for it, so I don't see how it's different. Like the DS, you spend the same amount for their games. I don't see why spending $60 on the tamagotchi is any different.

As for it being in Japanese, I don't know how to read Japanese to save my life, but I have no problem playing it. It took me an hour to know what everything is. It's all memorization for what all the places are. It's not that hard, you really DON'T need to know what it says to play. As for the hexagon/hexagotchi version, it's a different story.

I so agree! They don't realise that it takes a lot to get it to colour, besides, it's actually completely different from a tama. It's like a games console rather than a vritual pet if you see what I mean. (BTW lol my aunt has one and I find it so boring, all in japanese xD she got it for 100 dollars, shes CRAZY)

I so agree! They don't realise that it takes a lot to get it to colour, besides, it's actually completely different from a tama. It's like a games console rather than a vritual pet if you see what I mean. (BTW lol my aunt has one and I find it so boring, all in japanese xD she got it for 100 dollars, shes CRAZY)
Exactly! Except I love it and I don't find it boring. haha!

I adore my colour simply because it is in colour. I find the new look refreshing and the keychain slot is perfect for accessorizing. I saved my money from summer babysitting to get it.

[SIZE=9pt]Seriously![/SIZE]

I totally 100% agree.

I have TWO TMGC+Color's... and another one on it's way in the mail. They're not hard to use, nor are they are to learn. I was one of those worried people too, thinking 'Oh, I'll never get the hang of this.' I'm pretty sure I'm glad I got it, cos they're amazing! And I looked for a deal on them as well. I only paid $78 (shipping included) for TWO of them. They're the real deal, too. You just have to be willing to go hunting for the right deals if you're worried about the price.

-Madderkins.

I don't have any yet, but I think the price is perfectly reasonable. I'd LIKE to see it in english, for ease of use, but I can understand if they don't release it internationally. I'd be nice though

honestly, I'd rather have a Japanese version.

all my tamas are English, and I have wanted a non-English tama for so long, thus once I will have the money (which will not come anytime soon :D and no, here I'm not complaining about its price, the technology used in it simply costs this amount. the thing is that right now I have more important things to pay for - like university) I will buy a Color, and I am quite sure I will buy a Japanese one - whether an US version comes out by that time or not. not to mention, I once used to learn Japanese, a Japanese tama would be perfect for language practice.

for those who are afraid of language difficulties: like... dozens of manual translations can be found on the net, you're offered many helping hands. and even without them, figuring out how to use your new tama won't be difficult, I'm quite sure! most of us here already have one or more tamas, so we do know how to use them, and thus we must know at least the basics of how to use this one, too. okay, this one is different, but it can't be thatdifferent, can it? a bit of "making it more difficult" is only a challenge which makes playing more exciting :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Japanese tamas are actually really easy to use. It's basically touch and go until you get it right, or if you're really desperate, look for a guide that translates everything. That's what I did for my en/urutamas and angelgotchi.

The only reason I haven't bought one IS for the price though. The price is reasonable for the product, but it's out of my price range XD I'm waiting until it hopefully comes down a bit more to buy one.

But I completely agree with your post. People need to stop whining over it being unfair and not in English.

I imagine even if they DID make an English version, it'd still be around the same price.

OMG! I AGREE TOO! but what i hate is they are all complaining that they want them to be english. And i think its gonna stay in Jappenese because its gonna be some thing really special for Bandai and i think they want it to be kind of rare to people in the u.s. And hey who here would a make a very popular toy to make there country proud of you? And give you big credit?

^ Exactly, and I WOULDN'T WANT it in english anyways!

I know! Really! LCD isn't the cheapest, besides its color, and much more features. I know its Japanese but I'm going to ask for one for Xmas! I will look up English Directions online! And once you get the hang of it the Japanese isn't so bad.

Im going to get a TMGC+C for my birthday in yellow. I don't complain have my next Tama in Japanese. I think it is cool because I could learn a third language.

I agree mine just arrived in the mail today so exciting! While I can read and understand some japanese not knowing what it says doesn't matter there are pictures for all the items to buy and you'll do everything on the Gotchi eventually anyway so you'll learn how to use it and i got mine from ebay for 36.99

Im going to get a TMGC+C for my birthday in yellow. I don't complain have my next Tama in Japanese. I think it is cool because I could learn a third language.
HAHA, you can't really "learn" japanese from it.

I'm saving up for one, I know a guy who has 4 of them and another on the way (he's a hardcore collector) and he says they're fun. I think the price is reasonable for something of that standard because you get what you pay for.

I don't really think it's complaining, people are only saying what they think of it.

Yes, I agree the price is fair, but I still wish you could get them outside Asia because I'm too young to buy stuff online.

Actually, more about the price: it will probably come down when people stop wanting them so badly. They always do. V4s cost next to nothing now.

If anyone has noticed, on ebay at least, the prices from some sellers ARE coming down. I think, however, that they will only drop so far then level out. I don't think anyone will be able to buy a color for less than $35 US. The possible exception to this would be one that is seriously scratched or otherwise damaged. As far as the language, remember colors are ONLY Japanese because they were meant to be ONLY released in Japan. However, if you have any other Japanese tams, they are NOT difficult to figure out at all. Even if you don't have any other Japanese ones, they're still easy.So go ahead and buy one already! I don't know Japanese either, and it didn't stop me! It also didn't stop me from buying an Uratama or a Japanese V2. You'll just pick up on where everything is, and what certain things do. Enjoy them the way they are.

I agree.. the prices are getting more and more reasonable. The only reason that we in the United States have to pay more is because of shipping mostly. Even if it were in the U.S, it would still be expensive.

I ordered a pink tamagotchi color off of hovanfue last week for $52 plus $18 shipping. It should arrive at my house on Monday.

I personally would rather have a Japanese tama, because I think they are more aimed at adults in Japan, thus being more satisfying to people over the age of 18. The tamagotchis that are available in the United States seem to be made more for children, whereas in japan, all age groups use tamas.

Also, I think there's something special about getting a tama shipped half way across the world. It makes it that much more dear to you when you know that you have waited for it to finally reach your mailbox.

I dont think I'll mind that it's in japanese. I'm sure it's easy to understand with all of the pictures...

I would rather have a japanese tama than one I simply picked up at wal-mart any day.

I agree.. the prices are getting more and more reasonable. The only reason that we in the United States have to pay more is because of shipping mostly. Even if it were in the U.S, it would still be expensive.I ordered a pink tamagotchi color off of hovanfue last week for $52 plus $18 shipping. It should arrive at my house on Monday.

I personally would rather have a Japanese tama, because I think they are more aimed at adults in Japan, thus being more satisfying to people over the age of 18. The tamagotchis that are available in the United States seem to be made more for children, whereas in japan, all age groups use tamas.

Also, I think there's something special about getting a tama shipped half way across the world. It makes it that much more dear to you when you know that you have waited for it to finally reach your mailbox.

I dont think I'll mind that it's in japanese. I'm sure it's easy to understand with all of the pictures...

I would rather have a japanese tama than one I simply picked up at wal-mart any day.
There are a bunch on ebay for about $55 with free shipping, It's great! And yes, I definitely buy only japanese tamas now. They are much more detailed and advanced. The last american tama I got was a v4.5, and the one i bought before that was my american angelgotchi in '98. So, I hadn't bought one for a long time, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back