Open Book (story Form)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K Time

Reaction score
(Okay, since I kinda failed at my first attempt of turning OB into a story, I made a retry. And this time, I actually got passed the intro xD Well, anyway... enjoy Oh yeah. This time I cut out a lot of characters and blah blah. Oh yeah. Instead of doing it "so-and-so blah blah" It's doing it as though it was me, like "I blah blah blah" Yeah. Well, you'll see what's different. Intro=done)

I don't regret the day I read that book, no! Some people tell me I'm crazy, but I enjoyed that time when I was trapped, alone and scared. I made some new friends, and there was never a time when there was boredom. Sure, I faced death more than a few times, but that small, shy Kayte that everyone had come to know and love isn't here now. She had been left behind, forgotten. So what am I talking about, you may ask? Well, let me tell you from the start...

CHAPTER ONE- How it All Happened

It was Christmas day. The house was filled with joy and laughter, and the screams of me and my excited sisters as we opened our gifts.

My older sister's favorite gift was a laptop from Dad. My younger sister, on the other hand, preferred her new pair of jeans over her television. But me, I liked the gift from my Grandmother. It was a book. Not just any book, a beautiful, magical, extraordinary book.

After all the presents had been opened, I hurried up to my room to get dressed for Christmas Dinner. I knew I had to wait until after to enjoy my presents, but I couldn't resist.

"It's just a few pages" I told myself. "I'll read only a few pages, and then nobody will know."

So I sat down on my bed and opened my book. After a few words... lets say I never got down for dinner. No, not because I was so caught up in the book. Actually, I don't know where I was, but I definitely wasn't in my room.

I looked at my surroundings. Dead, lifeless trees at every angle. There were also some signs that some buildings had recently been burned down. By who, I didn't know.

I noticed a log cabin not too far away from where I was sitting. It was damaged, but not completely destroyed. It was covered in dust, mould, and overgrown grass. It was obvious nobody had lived here in years.

I stood up and brushed the dirt off myself. If I could have chosen anything to wear here, it wouldn't be pajamas.

I walked over to the cabin, and opened the door.....

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense, Kay, but this is FAR superior than your last work 8D I can't wait for the rest of the cast to show up.

No offense, Kay, but this is FAR superior than your last work 8D I can't wait for the rest of the cast to show up.
haha thanks. If you haven't noticed, I write so old-fashion styled. It's a bad habit of mine.

And btw. I'm starting off with Marzi still working for Tonga, and then leave to join everyone else. And Kayte's such a wuss in the beginning. She cries when Svenja slaps her. O: SISSY!

It's so different from the RP. I mean, plots and characters are still the same, but it's just when important details come in. Like Kayte gets her magical bag (yus, keeping it for the story) way later in the story, and all that.

Okay, I'm done ranting :)

That's fine! 8D

It's okay, my writing habit consists of the slow 'transformation' of stuff. Like, if someone's laughing insanely (SP?), it won't be;

"____ laughed crazily",

It'd be "____'s small chuckle went louder, then eventually lost any shred of sanity left in him/her and screamed out their insane laughter."

8D

lol everyone has a writing habit. :)

Ohyeah. btw, I start off with the characters Ren, Lin, and Malinda. Then Svenja, then Marzi and Marianne come and capture them and what I'm writing right now they're escaping.

And It's actually gonna be a series. The first one is mainly about survival, and it's gonna be called "Survival" (that's this one)

The second book is when they're in a war called "Battle"

And the third book is trying to escape called "Escape"

And that's the OB story update =D

K.

But, remember Ai? You should try to put her in there, and kill her off when they're finally captured. Showing that there WILL be death to main characters in the story 8D

Yeah. Because without her, there won't be any deaths until like.... IDK Reina or Jenda. That's how many characters I'm chucking. So yeah. I'll try to fit Ai And Kaitlyn (remember that son of a b**ch?)

I'll probably end up killing characters like every 3/4 chapters once this gets going. The more deaths, the more suspense =D

W-Wow! 8O That's alot. Just don't chuck the newer people, of course lD

W-Wow! 8O That's alot. Just don't chuck the newer people, of course lD
naww. I'm keeping the origional people forever (Malinda, Svenja, Kayte, Lin, Ren, and Marzipan. Then the evil people) and I MIGHT Keep Jenda.

I'm just NEVER including the prancy little characters so that's pretty much all of Skuangs characters besides Lianna. I wasn't going to include Lianna at all, because she's pretty much not involved in any plots. But since the newest plot twist came in affect, I guess Lianna stays. lol

me too... they're not just... ermm.... important for any plots. but neither is Kayte but OHWELL

I would put them in there, but my stupid Language Arts teacher said "When you're writing a story, you can't have any characters that are outside the mood of the story. Like no evil, mysterious, villanous characters in a story about two sisters who get puppies for christmas."

Oh well. They weren't involved in any plots anyway... OHSCREW IT. I'm keeping Klaus. MAYBE Trianna. But Klaus, deffinatly.

:)

Anyway, I'm on Chapter three right now. I'm gonna make sure the d*mned story gets published or I'll give the publishing companies hell. xD

Ohyeah. And with the thingy at the beginning of a novel the author says who they dedicate the book to, well,if when OB gets published, I'm dedicating it to you, Chesire, SG, and Skuang. :)

lol I scratched one of the plot parts. Remember when they first came to the new village the one where there was a house with no people in it? I scratched that part, and went right on to the part where they rent their first hotel.

ididitbyaccident,okay? lol

yay for okayness~ =D

I'm on Chapter five now. Oh, want me to post the rest of Chapter one, TK? yeahthatsright!Thatsnotallofchapteronehehe

hehe okay It's kinda long. xD(Chapter One cont.)

I walked inside the cabin, greeted by gasps, followed by "Who are you?" "Where did you come from?" "How did you find out about this place?"

I stood in the doorway, frozen in fear, surprised to find anyone. I was too scared to answer their questions.

"I said 'who are you?'" said a blond boy who looked to be around fourteen or fifteen.

"I-I'm Kayte." I nervously said."W-where am I?"

"Who we are isn't important right now. All we want to know is why you're here." Said a dark-haired girl, obviously a lot older than me.

I started to cry. "What do you mean!?" I shrieked. "I don't know where I am, and you expect me to explain why I'm here!?"

A blond girl looked at the boy as if to say 'Give her a break!' She looked at me.

"Sorry about that. It's just that we really can't trust anyone right now" she told me. "I'm Lin, and the boy is my brother Ren. That other girl is Malinda."

Malinda looked at me. She was trying to be polite. "Hello, Kayte." I don't think she trusted me much, yet.

I looked at an old, torn apart couch and sat down. "So where am I?"

"The country is called Rapture. It is ruled by the evil king Tonga." Ren explained to me. I gave him a blank look. "You do know who he is, don't you?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Tonga is an evil man who has ruled this land for many years. He is a nasty man, killing every man, woman, and child who dares stand in his way." Lin told me.

"Oh, and by the way." Malinda said. "All this is in a book, none of it is real. Do you remember anything about a book?"

I nodded. "Yes. My grandmother gave me a book for Christmas, today. I ran up to my room, read a few words, then I didn't know where I was."

"OH SHOOT!" Lin exclaimed. "Christmas! Today's Christmas, and we forgot all about it!"

"Lin, hush!" Malinda scolded. "If Tonga was outside right now, he could have came in and killed us!"

"Oh, Mal. Lighten up." Ren told her.

I couldn't help but laugh. "This man can't be too deathly, can he?" I asked. "I mean, he's only a single person, after all."

"Wrong." Ren said. "He has an army of thousands. They came here not too long ago and destroyed the entire village. We're lucky to be alive this very moment."

Now I was scared.

Malinda nodded. "Yeah. Some of his men even left his army because they were afraid of him. Very few of those people are alive right now."

I nodded, my full attention was on them. "So is it possible to get back to the real world?" I asked.

"It's hard, but not completely impossible." Lin explained. "A girl, an extongarian mind you, came here yesterday to give us some advise. She told us that only Tonga has the power to get is back to the real world. While that is very hard to get him to do that, it's not completely impossible."

I gasped, as did the others, as I heard a scream coming from outside the cabin.....

8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd -shot-

Yay Lin, for her ditzy "CHRISTMAS! D:" shouting.

Latest posts

Back