Super Smash Brothers!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purin

Reaction score
Do you have it? I have all 3 of the SSB series!

Also, did you know Jigglypuff's Japanese name is Purin, and her voice changes in the Japanese Super Smash Brothers?

hni0099.jpg

Yessir! I have had SSBB for about a year now, and I have unlocked every character.

My favorite character's gotta be Ness, and to be honest I prefer the name Purin over Jigglypuff.

I want to get the original and Melee, but I can't find a copy of Melee anywhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yessir! I have had SSBB for about a year now, and I have unlocked every character.

My favorite character's gotta be Ness, and to be honest I prefer the name Purin over Jigglypuff.

I want to get the original and Melee, but I can't find a copy of Melee anywhere!
Its hard to find melee, but you can get the SSB original in the Virtual Consle. And yes, the name Jigglypuff sucks.

Its hard to find melee, but you can get the SSB original in the Virtual Consle. And yes, the name Jigglypuff sucks.
Yeah, I was thinking of getting it on VC. I am so totally emerged in finding Melee, though. xD

And Purin means 'pudding', doesn't it?

Yeah, I was thinking of getting it on VC. I am so totally emerged in finding Melee, though. xD

And Purin means 'pudding', doesn't it?
Purin does mean Pudding in Japanese! LOL, I never knew!

I have SSBB. Best game ever. (well, fighting game at least) I don't have any of the others, but I've played Melee enough. Brawl is sooo much better it's not even funny. I hate when people say that Melee is better and that brawl takes no skill, because i bet those people just can't play brawl.

Haven't tried the original yet, but I have a N64 so maybe I'll buy it one day.

I have SSBB. Best game ever. (well, fighting game at least) I don't have any of the others, but I've played Melee enough. Brawl is sooo much better it's not even funny. I hate when people say that Melee is better and that brawl takes no skill, because i bet those people just can't play brawl.

Haven't tried the original yet, but I have a N64 so maybe I'll buy it one day.
Actually, Brawl is easier. Edge-Grabbing is easy, CPU AIs are dumber, Taunt-Spammers on WiFi, you name it, Melee has beeter content, except Sonic. I beat the Subspace Adventure mode on intense without dying.

This includes Ness's Victory Theme (Smiles and Tears)

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Actually, Brawl is easier. Edge-Grabbing is easy, CPU AIs are dumber, Taunt-Spammers on WiFi, you name it, Melee has beeter content, except Sonic. I beat the Subspace Adventure mode on intense without dying.

This includes Ness's Victory Theme (Smiles and Tears)

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png
I loved the Melee victory theme waaaaay more. They should've given Lucas and Ness seperate victory themes from their own games!

Melee fans are upset about Brawl for only two reasons: they can't wave dash or L cancel. So basically they can't be completely cheap, which is why they can't play Brawl. JUST SAYING.

Melee fans are upset about Brawl for only two reasons: they can't wave dash or L cancel. So basically they can't be completely cheap, which is why they can't play Brawl. JUST SAYING.
Wave dashing made Melee worse, but I still thing Melee is better.

I loved the Melee victory theme waaaaay more. They should've given Lucas and Ness seperate victory themes from their own games!
Maybe Lucas's should be We Miss You.

Edit: Oh, and in SSBM you can alternate from Jigglypuff's girly voice and Purin's EPIC voice. Brawl can't.

King Dedede agrees 100% Everithing is better in Melee, except Sonic.

20100930276aqualitygame.png

Now, don't get me wrong, I always say that graphics don't make a game, but when they created Melee, they just got lazy. The gamecube has really good capabilities when it comes to graphics, but the melee graphics were horrible. They just didn't try, it ended up looking like N64 graphics. Whereas brawl's graphics make it look even more epic. Now the reason I say graphics don't make a game is because on older systems like N64, there wasn't as much graphic capability, but there were still some amazing games.

The difference between Melee and Brawl gameplay is essentially that in Melee you can cram in more combos because you can cancel moves quicker and there's less reaction time in between. In brawl you can't get away with simply mashing buttons, and actually involves some fighting strategy. Very frustrating for past Melee fans, I know.

Now, don't get me wrong, I always say that graphics don't make a game, but when they created Melee, they just got lazy. The gamecube has really good capabilities when it comes to graphics, but the melee graphics were horrible. They just didn't try, it ended up looking like N64 graphics. Whereas brawl's graphics make it look even more epic. Now the reason I say graphics don't make a game is because on older systems like N64, there wasn't as much graphic capability, but there were still some amazing games.

The difference between Melee and Brawl gameplay is essentially that in Melee you can cram in more combos because you can cancel moves quicker and there's less reaction time in between. In brawl you can't get away with simply mashing buttons, and actually involves some fighting strategy. Very frustrating for past Melee fans, I know.
It is still too easy to recover.

Ness's recovery Melee: Decent, and is short.

Ness's recovery Brawl: Too long, and you bounce off walls? Really?

Jigglypuff "Recovery" Melee: Actually gives you at least 1 cm of recovery.

Jigglypuff's recovery Brawl: Wow. 1 dang inch!?

Luigi Brawl: Right after your 2nd jump, you can manage to do 4 dang jumps. Come on...

Jigglypuff Rollout Melee: You get helpless, meaning it gives you nostaliga and challenge.

Jigglypuff Rollout Brawl: No helplessness? WT*?

And gameplay makes the game a game, not graphics and other add ons. Pokemon Red has AWFUL graphics, do I care? NO. And Ness looks better in Melee, with a SOLID red hat. Brawl messed up his hat color. Look:

Ness.png

And Kirby looks more... Well, cheery in Melee.

Kirbymelee.jpg

Tripping sucks. It makes sense as a banana peel, but it randomly occuring? Oh, COME ON.

Also, in Brawl, you can win without even ATTACKING in time brawls. The Taunt Spammers do Nothing but camp to taunt. AND, the mass areas of bombs make it easy, JUST EDGE GRAB, and you win. It takes no skill for Brawl do to the Camping Spammers, and easy recovery. LIVE WITH IT, PAISLYPUPPY. BRAWL SUCKS UNLESS IF YOU DON"T TAUNT SPAM.

It is still too easy to recover.

Ness's recovery Melee: Decent, and is short.

Ness's recovery Brawl: Too long, and you bounce off walls? Really?

Jigglypuff "Recovery" Melee: Actually gives you at least 1 cm of recovery.

Jigglypuff's recovery Brawl: Wow. 1 dang inch!?

Luigi Brawl: Right after your 2nd jump, you can manage to do 4 dang jumps. Come on...

Jigglypuff Rollout Melee: You get helpless, meaning it gives you nostaliga and challenge.

Jigglypuff Rollout Brawl: No helplessness? WT*?

And gameplay makes the game a game, not graphics and other add ons. Pokemon Red has AWFUL graphics, do I care? NO. And Ness looks better in Melee, with a SOLID red hat. Brawl messed up his hat color. Look:

Ness.png

And Kirby looks more... Well, cheery in Melee.

Kirbymelee.jpg

Tripping sucks. It makes sense as a banana peel, but it randomly occuring? Oh, COME ON.

Also, in Brawl, you can win without even ATTACKING in time brawls. The Taunt Spammers do Nothing but camp to taunt. AND, the mass areas of bombs make it easy, JUST EDGE GRAB, and you win. It takes no skill for Brawl do to the Camping Spammers, and easy recovery. LIVE WITH IT, PAISLYPUPPY. BRAWL SUCKS UNLESS IF YOU DON"T TAUNT SPAM.
Oh, so easy recovery is a bad thing now? Dying by falling off the edge is the most useless way to die. If you're gonna kill someone in the game, you have to get their damage up and send them flying, that's how it's done. If done right, you can't recover anyway. (And I never play as Jigglypuff, so I have no idea what Jigglypuff's rollout is)

And I think I explained myself quite well on the topic of graphics. I plainly said that graphics DONT make a game, for the sole reason that on older systems the graphics were horrible, but there were amazing games anyway. But gamecube has amazing graphics, and melee didn't fully use its potential for graphics. It's hard to look at, which is unnecessary because they could've been better.

And even if you're judging by gameplay, Brawl is still a whole lot better. You actually have to plan your attacks and strategize to be able to win rather than mashing buttons and doing nonstop combos as in melee. You don't need nearly as much skill to play melee which is why people think they're so good at it.

And tripping was put in to add an extra challenge. As dumb as it may look, the idea is that it's unexpected and you have to deal with it accordingly. It's realistic because in any game when you have a strategy there's always a chance it could go wrong and you have to quickly change plans. This just represents that chance. And it doesn't even happen that often, get over it.

I agree that there's nothing more annoying than a taunt spammer, but when you come across one of them, just realize that they're not playing the game. The point of the game is to sent foes flying off the stage, not to stand there doing nothing. When someone wins that way it's just lame. But that's the fault of the people who play online, not the game itself. And edge grabbing is an effective technique. Ever heard of edge hogging? You were the one who's saying that recovery is too easy, well it makes it a whole lot harder when someone's hogging the edge.

And for the record, Brawl ONLY sucks if you taunt spam, you got it reversed. Without the taunt spammers the game is virtually flawless, melee fans are just trying to find faults in it that don't exits because they simply can't play it as well as they could play melee.

Oh, so easy recovery is a bad thing now? Dying by falling off the edge is the most useless way to die. If you're gonna kill someone in the game, you have to get their damage up and send them flying, that's how it's done. If done right, you can't recover anyway. (And I never play as Jigglypuff, so I have no idea what Jigglypuff's rollout is)

And I think I explained myself quite well on the topic of graphics. I plainly said that graphics DONT make a game, for the sole reason that on older systems the graphics were horrible, but there were amazing games anyway. But gamecube has amazing graphics, and melee didn't fully use its potential for graphics. It's hard to look at, which is unnecessary because they could've been better.

And even if you're judging by gameplay, Brawl is still a whole lot better. You actually have to plan your attacks and strategize to be able to win rather than mashing buttons and doing nonstop combos as in melee. You don't need nearly as much skill to play melee which is why people think they're so good at it.

And tripping was put in to add an extra challenge. As dumb as it may look, the idea is that it's unexpected and you have to deal with it accordingly. It's realistic because in any game when you have a strategy there's always a chance it could go wrong and you have to quickly change plans. This just represents that chance. And it doesn't even happen that often, get over it.

I agree that there's nothing more annoying than a taunt spammer, but when you come across one of them, just realize that they're not playing the game. The point of the game is to sent foes flying off the stage, not to stand there doing nothing. When someone wins that way it's just lame. But that's the fault of the people who play online, not the game itself. And edge grabbing is an effective technique. Ever heard of edge hogging? You were the one who's saying that recovery is too easy, well it makes it a whole lot harder when someone's hogging the edge.

And for the record, Brawl ONLY sucks if you taunt spam, you got it reversed. Without the taunt spammers the game is virtually flawless, melee fans are just trying to find faults in it that don't exits because they simply can't play it as well as they could play melee.
What's unrealistic about easy recovery is if your facing the other way, you can still grab it. Yes, the Taunt Spammers also Edge Hog. When I go on Wi-Fi, basically everyone is a Kirby "Hi!"-er and Zelda and Marth Love couple, so when I attack them, guess what? They all team up on me, then Edge Hog, so I die (Edge Hogging is also easy if the enemy is Jigglypuff [Due to lack of recovery], Ness, Lucas[both because of PK Thunder having to hit themselves], ZZSamus, and Olimar [Tether Recovery]) so I always lose to spammers. When I brawl with friends, its actually fun because of the skill we both have makes it hard, fun, and cool. Once, my friend and I were both Jigglypuff, and he survived a whole 170 damage (that is, until I smash attacked him while he was asleep during rest)!

I do find brawling with friends fun, but everything is "Borrowed" from SSB and SSBM, and Taunt Spammers are lame. Oh and Final smashes? Come On, it's like a cheap KO.

I agree with Purin and other people about Taunt spammers, cheap shots, edge hogging, etc. But just because it's not like melee doesn't mean it's not a good game. but also playing with friends is better than playing with random people.

Oh, have you checked the used game section at gamestop? I bought mine there, also theres around 10 on ebay..hope it helps!

Oh, have you checked the used game section at gamestop? I bought mine there, also theres around 10 on ebay..hope it helps!
First off, we don't have Gamestop in Canada.

Second, I don't like eBay. I sometimes don't trust the sellers.

Thanks for the help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back