Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

tama cruelty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sandti

• sandti user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:34 AM ( #35 )

I'm gutted I have to wait ; _ :. I have been struggling to find somewhere that sells them in the UK but could only find america and canada and then I found that Argos is selling them for cheaper than what I paid for and I don't have to wait so I'm sad I have to wait. I'm tempted to buy another one just so I don't have to wait.

Also they don't sell the figures here either ; _ ;

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:10 AM ( #36 )

When I first got my v4 a few years ago, even after reading the instructions I had no idea what to do with it. :P I played games with it but I never opened the mail. I would leave my v4 on the stairs by itself until I came home from school and when I came home I would sometimes forget about it. And at night, I thought my v4 would beep so I put it in my closet...and forgot about it. Then it died and I had no idea it did. :P So I left it on my nightstand until the battery died. I'm surprised it didn't leak or something but my v4 works fine now. Then last year, I rediscovered my v4 and loved it again. :)

About a year after my v4, my Mom took me to Toys R Us to buy a v5. I was so confused with the family bonds stuff then, I didn't know how to raise it. I would put it on travel mode and goto school. But one day, I forgot to and my Ninja Family left. Now, I can take care of both Tamas without having them runaway or having to pause them. :)

Sandti

• sandti user photo

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:43 AM ( #37 )

I don't know if anyone has already read this, but this is a fanfic that has totally put me off mistreating my Tamas, not that I would now a days anyway XD

http://www.mimitchi.com/html/vpet.htm

TamagotchiTeen3342

• tamagotchiteen3342 user photo

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:40 PM ( #38 )

The only regret i have is leaving my tama in my jeans during gym... was stolen one day (5g, every item). I was so upset. it was later returned but it was obviously dead. that and the year before i forgot it in my dads van on sunday(only saw him weekends). Again, was far with all items. i called him then begged him to look for it then drive back with it.

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:16 AM ( #39 )

I regret performing the infinite points/eat balls glitch on the V4. It went horribly wrong :(

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:25 PM ( #40 )

My Tamas have been through the mill. QUITE often. My first v1 was when I was (you guessed it) 6. Or 5. I was REALLY little, though. And I brought it to school EVERY DAY. I remember this girl brought a tama into class and everyone was jeaous because nobody knew what it was. She kept saying "Go poopie" and when it would poo she'd reset it....smart, eh? lol
Well my best friend got a friendship pack (blue and pink) and promised to give ME one but never did...haha. I ALMOST bought a white Decogotchi v1 in Target when I was on a mini shopping spree for toys because my uncle gave me $150 for Christmas. My sister got the same amount, and bought herself a lilac v1 with dark purple buttons. Decogotchi. If there were plain Decogotchis like in the old days for v3, v4.5, etc, I'd buy one. Unless there already are, hehe.
Well my mom was glad I didn't buy it because for my birthday (a month and 4 days later) I got a metallic purple Decogotchi v1. So I had that. My best friend and I abused ours. I remember we tried to make 2 girls marry and never realized that in Tamagotchi it doesn't work (we never checked their stats). Well, I'd ALWAYS get a Masktchi, but I remember I only ONCE got a better character, but I don't remember what. Well, right now the back and the stickers are gone, and it's all scratched up, but sometimes I put batteries in it to connect with my current tamas, then take the batteries out, lol.
(This is getting very long....)
I never knew what I was doing, though, so my tamas were all 99lbs and only got to play "jump". And I remember my sister took good care of her tams, though ended up with masktchis, and we connected over and over and over for about an hour one day, and my sister REALLY wanted to marry ours, but I got bored and reset mine. it was on the 5thG I think.
Well, my v2 didn't fare much better. My sister got all of the good characters, though.
But in summer of '10 (I think, or 11) I decided to order a v4.5 from Amazon, because I lost mine when I was in 4th grade. So I got it, and the day I got it I decided to take it outside. I'd rubber band it to the handlebars of my bike so I could always see it, made a pouch for it, etc, loved it, lol.
Well we put up our pool and we were filling it up (it was a huge pool so skating around in the shallow water on our feet was fun) so I sat on the ladder and dangled my feet in. It was HOT. So I decided to walk around in it. I unclipped the Tama from my lanyard, and walked around thigh-deep (It was quite deep: I was 5'4'' then) and suddenly I jumped as my dog ran past the pool and I dropped the tam. Bubbles streamed up from it and I dove down and saved it. So I was pretending nothing happened, by telling my dad I must have gotten a defective one. The buttons hardly worked.
If I clicked A, I'd occasionally get A, but mostly get B or C. Same with B or C. I'd hardly ever get the button I clicked. So I got mail literally every 30 seconds, had 999999 points, and my tama kept doing random things. And there was a water bubble in the screen. Well, I left it for a few days to dry, and it's like it's brand new today. It works fine.
But sometimes if I get bored I'll just let it die... I dunno what possesses me to do that.
Well, as you can see I like to write A LOT, so just bear with me, people xD

TamaGoogoo

• tamagoogoo user photo

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:20 PM ( #41 )

I went to go to Mc Donalds so i can play on one of the computers to go on tamatown...this was before i got a copmuter... and when i least expect it a little girl just came and took my tamagotchi and threw it on the road, i regreted that so much especially the fact that it was my favourite tama at the time Dx :angry:

Edited by TamaGoogoo, 16 January 2012 - 06:21 PM.

waight

• waight user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:51 PM ( #42 )

I dunno what I did but the first Adult tama I got from my first Tamagotchi was Nyorotchi. Then I had a Tamagotchi Angel that turned into a Unchikun but nothing really too terrible heh.

Edited by waight, 16 January 2012 - 08:55 PM.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:20 AM ( #43 )

I don't know if anyone has already read this, but this is a fanfic that has totally put me off mistreating my Tamas, not that I would now a days anyway XD

http://www.mimitchi.com/html/vpet.htm

Haha, that would've served ME right in my Tama abusing days! (Read it to find out what I'm talking about). You can probably relate to that story if you used to kill/abuse Tamas, although what might have stopped YOU wouldn't be as dramatic as that. What stopped ME was listening to this one song again and again and again and I remember this one line: "If you were to kill me now right here I would still look you in the eye", and I guess my Tamas were like that, because I can remember pretty much every single Tama I killed, even if it didn't have a name. I'm listening to that song now actually. I told my mom I felt it was like my Tamas were singing the song, but she didn't get the point; she never does when I say anything about Tamas or TamaTalk. So ever since then, I've stopped killing Tamas and almost totally stopped resetting them. Oops, this is getting really long, plus I need to update my log!

~ Dazzmina ~

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:51 AM ( #44 )

I regret buying a new chocolate argyle v4.5 in out pool when it was almost filled up.. it was Summer, hot, and I was wearing shorts, so I was wading through and it kinda...fell.... and I had taken it out of the box only hours ago. It was full of water and was COMPLETELY malfunctioning for the next few days. I'd get mail literally every 30 seconds, and everything was blinking, and random buttons would be pressed, etc. It was scary. It's been fine since I got it in 2009. But now when I play sometimes when you look at its name, the first letter is gone, and sometimes the whole name is blank. I remember a v1 of mine had a blank name... on purpose, of course...
  • KarinaBM13 likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:05 AM ( #45 )

One of my Tamas had overly sensitive buttons, so I took it apart as well as a v4 and switched their buttons around. After that, both versions worked perfectly, so I guess it's not really cruelty (except for the fact that the reset screen comes up when I try to connect). I also made my Tama-Go character weigh 99 pounds on purpose, but I was just experimenting. It turned out that when that happens, the Tamas get really fat and can't do anything until they die.
  • lupelupe55 likes this

caomi

• caomi user photo

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:46 AM ( #46 )

hmm...

well most of my tama's have been dropped in water XD

but my dad is an expert at reviving them

kuchitama001

• kuchitama001 user photo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:33 PM ( #47 )

Since we are all being honestt here..... We are rite? Welll okay my kuchipas here is the tale.........
It all started about 6 years ago I was 8 but believed that tamagotchis had the power to go inside a tv..... Wellll noo I didn't like my hanatchi ( v1) coz it was universal not a kuchipa type so I threw it at my tv and here's the strange and ominous part.... The screen ( of the tv) cracked!!!! And my tama went through it and was inside completely unharmed!!!!! So I reached my hand in then got an electric shock and had to go hospital but I had my tama and hanatchi ain't so bad after all :')

Tamagotchi Foreva

• tamagotchi-foreva user photo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:14 PM ( #48 )

I also made my Tama-Go character weigh 99 pounds on purpose, but I was just experimenting. It turned out that when that happens, the Tamas get really fat and can't do anything until they die.

actually once it gets to be 99 pounds and it's fat just go to the medicine icon and click on it.
It works like a charm :D
and it brings down the weight level.

MovesLikeJagger

• moveslikejagger user photo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:53 PM ( #49 )

They weren't Tamagotchis, but they were some type of virtual pet that I really enjoyed having. I let my 6 year old cousin play with them and saw him trying to hit the reset button in the back. I said "Don't do that..." and his mom get really mad and said "DO YOU WANT HIM TO JUST PUT IT DOWN? HUH?" and at that point I felt really bad because I wanted to let him play with them, so I said no. His mom said "WELL THEN LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS TO." so I lost my two pets because he reset them. That's why I don't let people see my Tamagotchis now. -_-
  • KarinaBM13 likes this

CheesyNoodleTama

• cheesynoodletama user photo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:57 PM ( #50 )

Hm... well, my first tama, v4.5... I still have it working perfectly to this very day. I got it from my cousins for Christmas when I was about 6.... I didn't know much about them so I kept pausing them. Once I paused it and left it at my grandma's house for like 3 months because I was getting extremely bored with Amber because she wasn't doing anything. I also reset 3 times because I didn't know the difference between reset and download. The only other thing is that I once I was eating a orange and I smeared orange juice all over the screen because I was, once again, totally bored with it. I couldn't see the tama at all so once I was older and wiser and cared about tamas, I wiped it off with a nice clean cloth. I will never mistreat a tama again!

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:52 AM ( #51 )

They weren't Tamagotchis, but they were some type of virtual pet that I really enjoyed having. I let my 6 year old cousin play with them and saw him trying to hit the reset button in the back. I said "Don't do that..." and his mom get really mad and said "DO YOU WANT HIM TO JUST PUT IT DOWN? HUH?" and at that point I felt really bad because I wanted to let him play with them, so I said no. His mom said "WELL THEN LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS TO." so I lost my two pets because he reset them. That's why I don't let people see my Tamagotchis now. -_-

My mom is the youngest of several children, so when my counsins do see me (not often, most of them live in London) they're not 5 year olds, they're mostly at least 6 years older than me, and my dad is the youngest of his siblings too, so I'm lucky I don't have any 6 year old cousins. I do have a 1 year old second cousin though. But as if she's going to even touch my Tama!

That is one...weird...mom. My mom would have probably yelled at someone for resetting my Tama, whether it was her kid or not. And if I don't want someone to touch my Tama, it's fine with my mom. Except my brother. My brother is allowed to do anything with my stuff as long as he doesn't damage it. When I wouldn't let him mess up (with his fingers covered in mud from outside) my brand new DSi, my dad talked to me for ages about some sort of selfish streak in the family, but really I just don't want my stuff messed up!

Anyway this is off topic. My family do NOT abuse my Tamas without my permission. My brother takes such long and consistent Tama breaks he's constantly asking me where the reset button is, and my cousins are all older than me, and their children (they're THAT much older than me!) are only babies and they never visit my house. So I'm safe from Tama-abusing 6 year old cousins, for now at least XD.

~ Dazzmina ~