When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Tamas had overly sensitive buttons, so I took it apart as well as a v4 and switched their buttons around. After that, both versions worked perfectly, so I guess it's not really cruelty (except for the fact that the reset screen comes up when I try to connect). I also made my Tama-Go character weigh 99 pounds on purpose, but I was just experimenting. It turned out that when that happens, the Tamas get really fat and can't do anything until they die.
If your Tama gets fat, you just take it to the doctor and it makes a bunch of poop, you're not supposed to wait till it dies! xD Sorry, I find that funny..... xDDDD

I'll admit, I was an awful Tama owner back when the originals came out. I was young and, after I was tired of taking care of them, my brother and I would have contests/experiments trying to kill them. We'd starve them, constantly punish them for no reason, overfeed characters to 99 lbs, never clean up their poo, neglect characters we hated, and then record how they "reacted" to being tortured in said ways. Not sure why we were so cruel to them...I guess once we were tired of actualy playing with them properly, we found new ways to amuse ourselves. At least we never actually destroyed the toys.

I haven't tortured Tamas since then, though. I know they're just pixels, but I get attached to them. Even if it's a character I don't like, I feel bad neglecting them, let alone deliberately torturing them. At least my new Tamas never had to suffer the way my old ones did. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Naming my first Tama 'Blaya' just because it was on the Tamagotchi name generator

I just got too curious and took them apart... then it was fun so i took them apart many times (switching out backgrounds, trying the other guts in the other pets, etc.

eventually led to a baggie containing a mess of stripped screws and parts.

I still wish i had those parts today though, i could go find new screws and put them back together once and for all. One would have been especially sentimental to me now as the person who got it for me is passed away now.

at least i still have the memories.

Tamagotchi's were LITERALLY my babies, back in the day. I treated them like they were my own babies, practically.

Problem is, I never treated the actual tama (egg) well.

I lost my first one, a red v2 with hearts (wanting one day to buy one mint in package) by somehow getting the buttons off them. I still kinda sink inside to this day over it.

M v3 had the same fate.

v4.5 was so glitchy to the point where i had to throw it out. I practically cried. I loved my v4.5

as for my v6, forever lost. ):

And now I want to start collecting again. </3

When i was around 6 or 7 and got my first V4.5 i left it in the bathroom overnight, and it started beeping so freaking loud in the middle of the night adn i cried but i was too scared to get it so i kept kicking ym sister and telling her to get it but it just died cuz nobody got it < :(

I used to give my vpets to classmates and friends to keep for a while and play with them and many, many did not return to me... ;[

I used to give my vpets to classmates and friends to keep for a while and play with them and many, many did not return to me... ;[
Luckily i was smart there. I only once traded mine with someone, and we both ended up switching back for our own at the end of the school day. besides for a few minutes at recess while i was with them, i would never just hand mine over.
I borrowed many other peoples though.... but i gave them back always. except for one which my friend told me to keep.

I never did anything drastic to any of them, really. My very first one (pink w/red buttons v1) I played with the buttons too much (like trying to snip little bits out of them and pulling on them to see how far they'd come out of the shell) and the B button fell out and got lost. The back cover also came off when I was at a store and I never found it. I also had a bad habit of trying to replace the paint that had worn off the patterned ones with nail polish, but I messed it up really bad and they looked awful. Other than that, I was pretty careful with them, and I never intentionally broke them or did anything bad to them or lost any of them. My sister, however, has had 4 tamagotchi's, two of which she lost at school and the other two were broken or marred in some way by her hand. Her second v1 the chain broke completely off and while trying to debug it she broke one of the sound wires off completely, and the v4 she had she broke the chain off and also colored all over the screen with a red permanent marker. Mind you, she was only a year younger than me, but she didn't care about her vpets as much as I do. Oh, and the front plate on the screen of my Nano Kitty reboot came unglued and got lost, along with my odd Digi Pet's battery cover, rendering it useless. :p

Well, my first vpet ever meant the world to me. It was an Apollo 8 in 1 pet and I always had a puppy in it and I always called it Fafik (dunno why, probably my mom's idea). I got it from my mom for Christmas because I really wanted a pet and we could not afford getting one. Well, I carried it everywhere with me, I used to hang it on a string around my neck. And that I regret doing, because someday, when I went for a walk into the forest with my granddad, the string broke and I lost it. You have NO idea how much I have cried, lol, like a real pet of mine died or something.
Well, I still feel very sad when I think about it. :(

My first ever tamagotchi was a white V3 tama with floral patterns on it, it was so pretty and that was the first tama which my mum offered to buy for me(my mum isn't some big fan of tama btw) so that meant a lot to me. But when I was younger I gave it to a friend of mine when she told me she didn't have any tamas and would be extremely grateful if I gave it to her(since I was using my V5 at that time) and now when I think of it, I feel that I should have had the courage to say 'no' to her (for some reason I could never say no to people last time) cuz that tama was so precious :(

Well... I had lost the battery cover of my only tama back in 2009 (fake v1 ^^ huhuh I sucked so much didn't I) so I thought it would be a good idea to... make the battery hold still in it's place by putting some glue on it. Veeeery clever indeed. Theres still some dried glue stuck inside ^^ hahaha...

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the mistake of taking out ALL the buttons in all 5 of my tamagotchi connections and switching them around so they'd be pretty random colors.

It was fine the first few buttons...

Now, three of those tamagotchis are button-less due to the loose buttons falling out, the other two i have to be extrememly careful with.

Oh, and my v4... let's just say i thought it was a good idea to cut a wire. The SOUND wire...

Oh, and back a few years ago, i was camping with my family and i had all 8 of my tamagotchis.

My oldest one, my v2, was (somehow) broken by my 3 year old cousin. I have NO idea how she broke it.

I still have it though, i cant throw my tama's away.TAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back