Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

tama cruelty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tamacake

• tamacake user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:47 PM ( #52 )

Me and my brother were once playing with our tamas and for some reason (maybe we were possesed :tarakotchi: ) we were putting them in our milk cups and taking them out.
then, my brother went to the bathroom and when he got back his tama was covered in milk =(

cmarie

• cmarie user photo

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:15 PM ( #53 )

Well. I don't think I've ever purposly done anything bad to a tama. But I've been a tama/vpet owner for over 15 years...back when I was still in grade school I would clip them to my jeans and whenever I'd fall off my bike etc they would get so scratched up. I even broke a screen off of my nano double from crashing into another bikerider haha. Oh to be little. Now that I'm in my twenties it's much easier to take care of them. Plus I'm a meanie, whenever kids ask to play them I say no. The only ones that are lucky enough to touch one are on a short leash because I keep mine all attached to each other and I hang on to one :P That's what I did when I was younger and had to babysit haha.

Hey these are collector's items! You have to be careful so they don't get ruined. What I'd suggest is if you know you're going to be around kids that are going to ask and ask and ask just say no. It's easy, and you don't have to be mean about it. Just keep saying not right now, and then change the subject. That's worked for years for me!!! Or connect your tamas like I do by the chains so they won't go far from you and just connect them to play a game or something and let the little ones watch. They're jsut curious, that's all. You might start a new generation of vpet lovers haha I did! A little cousin of my husband wanted to play mine all the time so I bought her one of her own :)

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:17 AM ( #54 )

Well. I don't think I've ever purposly done anything bad to a tama. But I've been a tama/vpet owner for over 15 years...back when I was still in grade school I would clip them to my jeans and whenever I'd fall off my bike etc they would get so scratched up. I even broke a screen off of my nano double from crashing into another bikerider haha. Oh to be little. Now that I'm in my twenties it's much easier to take care of them. Plus I'm a meanie, whenever kids ask to play them I say no. The only ones that are lucky enough to touch one are on a short leash because I keep mine all attached to each other and I hang on to one :P That's what I did when I was younger and had to babysit haha.

Hey these are collector's items! You have to be careful so they don't get ruined. What I'd suggest is if you know you're going to be around kids that are going to ask and ask and ask just say no. It's easy, and you don't have to be mean about it. Just keep saying not right now, and then change the subject. That's worked for years for me!!! Or connect your tamas like I do by the chains so they won't go far from you and just connect them to play a game or something and let the little ones watch. They're jsut curious, that's all. You might start a new generation of vpet lovers haha I did! A little cousin of my husband wanted to play mine all the time so I bought her one of her own :)

Just give them another VPet (something old and completely useless) or a fake or something, and let them ruin it, it's useless anyway. I have ventured away from Tamas in my 5 years of VPet collecting, and I have several bad quality VPets that are basically failed copies of Tamagotchi.

~ Dazzmina ~

ZuZu

• zuzu user photo

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:43 PM ( #55 )

I always talk a bit abusively to my tamas, like, what now?! and when I read my iDL saying she wants to go shopping I said: But I don't feel like wasting my money on you! heheh. I'm joking of course, I spoil them to death :P but I always talk to them like that for some reason... Oh be quiet Katia! I can't refill half of your Happiness bar right now! Just be quiet! Katia: ;________; oh all right... *plays with obsessively for ten minutes* but this one time I had just gotten my iDL a week ago and I left it at home when we went sightseeing to SanFran, I felt so horrible because we were gone for hours. And when I got back my tama had somehow evolved into a Lavulitchi, but she was really sick. -____- That and I let my three year old sister hold my v2 and she threw it across the room my reaction was: Nouuuuuuuu..... T_T. but the v2 is fine now :]. uhhhhhh... yeah, that's it, bye!

-ZuZu and Katia
  • KarinaBM13 likes this

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:32 PM ( #56 )

i haven't done anything bad to my tama. when i got my first one i loved it so much that i had to obsessively watch anyone who played with it. :P nobody really pays any attention to them anyway, except when it beeps or i make it use an item and show my little cousins who watch it like this: O_O

ZuZu

• zuzu user photo

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:13 PM ( #57 )

Once i let a "friend" borrow my v5
and oh... how can you kill a familitchi in twenty four hours!? geez, crazy friends. -____-'

Violetchi luv

• violetchi-luv user photo

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:13 PM ( #58 )

I stuffed all my tamas in places I can't remember anymore. :( Now I really want to find them!

bowchilala

• bowchilala user photo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:33 AM ( #59 )

When i was six, i had a v5 celebrity. I was playing while i was getting in my car. Then my dad took and hid it somewhere in the car. I know where it was but i forgot to get it out ever since. When i finaly got it out, it returned to tama planet. :'(. But i finaly fixed it and now its working fine. :)

Also, a year a go, my tamago had some errors. So i took the batteries out and havent played it until yesterday. Then last week, i went to tamatown as a guest. I wanted to enter the music contest but the rosetchi said i have to log in a character first. I got dissapointed >:(. Then yesterday, i finaly decided to put batteries in my tamago even if it had some errors.then, a miracle happend....

THERE WHERE NO MORE ERRORS! :D

bowchilala

• bowchilala user photo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:53 AM ( #60 )

I forgot something! Once i let my chamametchi on the tamago got really fat because i let them use the refrigotator( from shimashimatchi figure) too much. But ive curedher :) and when she returned to tama planet she was only thirty lb ;)

Also, i think space unicorns comment was the best because it was so funny xD

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:14 AM ( #61 )

Years ago when I had just recfently acquired one of the Digivice pedometer "pets" I decided to take it with me on a walk.
I wasn't wearing a belt that day, so I simply stuck it in my pocket.
That was a bad idea.
When it started beeping due to an enemy appearing, I removed it from my pocket and noticed that the keychain had left a rather large scratch right accross the middle of the screen. :{

Longer ago than that: My very first Tamagotchi (P2) back in the late 90's.
I let my parents remove and replace the batteries... I should've done it myself.
Someone had stripped the screws extremely bad. The back was eventually pried right off with a screwdriver or something, leaving large mangled screw holes and the edges of the cover and shell all dinged up. Tape is the only thing holding the back on these days. XD

MySanityIsGone4Ever

• mysanityisgone4ever user photo

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:57 PM ( #62 )

I threw mine at a wall because it wouldn't stop beeping the when it beeped again (when I was at school) my mom hit it with a hammer...
  • KarinaBM13 likes this

stacked.rubbish

• stackedrubbish user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:12 AM ( #63 )

I would reset my tamas if they evolved into a character I thought was unattractive, lol! I would also feed it endless snacks and make it weigh 99lbs as an adult because I was too lazy to play games. :P
  • Aliciavz88 likes this

SNSD <3

• snsd-<3 user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:13 AM ( #64 )

I always cried because my friends at school got nice Tamagotchi characters and I always got Masktchi. No matter what I either got Masktchi or the sheep guy. D:< Everyone's parents looked after them for them. My mum always forgot about mine. So It was nearly dead. or had died. ^^;; I threw it the floor (carpeted xD) but it didn't break. I wanted something else but a Masktchi. T.T I was five and had a V2. :P

xxKuchipatchixx

• xxkuchipatchixx user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:49 PM ( #65 )

I did the same thing lol its funny that you bring this up. I did the same thing. I would always get universal characters I would leave them on during school they make huge piles of poop and would get terribly sick. I would only feed them when they got all the way down to 0 hunger and happy hearts, I would never heal them either till the end of the day. I also never played games with them my tamagotchis were always so fat. Poor tamas I even broke one before too bad it was my v3. I really love v3's I want another one. anyways I feel really bad for my tamas. and what makes it so much worse it that now I know how to take care of them and I treat them better than my real pets and they don't sell them in stores anymore :(. Literally I joke with my friends I tell them that my tamas are real and can speak and understand me and they love me and I love them lol. another thing that sucks is I was determined to quit playing with tamas and so I gave them away and now I want them back but the person I gave them too lost them. :(

ApertureGotchi

• aperturegotchi user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:01 PM ( #66 )

I would refuse to fill the hungry hearts on my very first one (silver v3) because I thought that if the hungry hearts were all full, that meant it was hungry. But I soon realized my mistake.

YellowTamagotchi

• yellowtamagotchi user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:42 PM ( #67 )

Dropped my first Tama ever, a V4, in water and then just throwing it away, not even bothering to hold on to it, even if it was broken. -_-

Sold a music star to my friend because I 'didn't like the design'. At least she bought it. It was very nice of her. (you know who you are. ;) )

When I had my V4 I let an Otokitchi get sick 'n stuff because I wanted to see the death animation. :mellow:

I opened my music star and it didn't work for a while, but after plenty more exploration now it works in perfect condition except for the sound. :)

But mostly I treat my Tamas well... I don't like aiming for bad care characters unless I've gotten all the good ones...

Lol, I did that too. I always wanted to see how it looked when it died. But then, it would give me nightmares...

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:27 PM ( #68 )

I only did it once. Never again!