How you became a Tama-Fan

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
So...you're a Tamagotchi fan, right?

Otherwise you wouldn't be on this site. ;)

Whoops...I rhymed! :eek:

Anyway, how DID you come to like Tamas? How did you find out about them? Why did you want them, and how did you get your first one?

With me, it's a loooooong story. There was this new magazine I like called Little Angel. I got the first issue when I was 7 years old. I liked it. I got all the issues after that until something caught my eye. The CUTEST critters in the UNIVERSE! It was an article about version 2 and it showed characters like Mametchi, Young Mimitchi, and Ichigotchi and they were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I wanted one! But Mama said to wait until they were cheaper.

Then version 3 came out but I never got a chance to get that...then v4 came out when I was almost 8.

I KNEW Mama was getting one for my birthday! I could hardly wait. So I got it a day before my 8th birthday. :p

It was a blue one with Mametchi on it. I loved it. It was so fun. I spent every waking hour tending to my virtual pet. I got Tensaitchi! :eek:

From that day on, I bought every Tama version and stuff that was released. And I bought every Little Angel issue after that, for making me a Tama fan, even though it's not in the magazine anymore. :unsure:

Here's what it looks like:

pa.101267.1.jpg

I still have it. It's broken to bits. I remember when it stopped working, I cried and cried...I will keep it forever...

~ EMF ♥

I saw a cute little package with Memetchi on it, then I bought it. I thought it was so cute! After that, my friend got one too and she got a V6 after, and that's how my collection started. :)

I got one as part of the tama craze a few years back. I remember when everybody walked around tending to their tamas, and I desperately wanted one. I finally got my first one in...2006, maybe? It was the pink ribbons one, a V3. I took it everywhere, except for the pool. :p I remember being so sad when it broke. Then I stopped collecting. However, in September or october last year, I saw my V4.5 which had been paused forever, and I felt sad that the battery was being wasted, so I unpaused it and I have never paused another tama since. ;)

I'm lucky - my first Tama, a V4, never broke and it's still running right now! It's really battered and bashed up, but that doesn't matter...I'm glad it even works still...

My mom was unsure of whether to get me a Tama - it was in 2006, the Tama craze. After talking to a few other moms, she bought me one. She had no idea it would completely change my life, but she did think of it as a very serious decision...

I was 5 at the time, and my younger brother was only a toddler. He was smart enough, though, to understand what a Tama was, and thankfully he was also smart enough to know not to throw it across the room when I let him look at it. I first got my translucent purple V4, and I was such a little explorer that I discovered within fifteen minutes how to feed it and play the game, and within an hour that it could go to work (although it looked like "hork" to me, and still does, lol), and it could have a baby, and about gotchi points, and that it could connect to other Tamas. So we went back to the toy store and bought a white V4, which also still works to this day but is not currently running.

So, once I had my two V4s set up, I took care of them. I gave the white one to my brother, who only figured out how to actually play it once he was 5. My purple V4 evolved into Memetchi. I managed to keep her alive until my 6th birthday - in the excitement of my party, poor Sky died...no, I didn't cry...I never cry about Tamas...but the V4 lives on to this day, although the design is almost gone and the infrared sensor is broken! I love running it because it reminds me of all the houses I've ever lived in...keeping slugs and snails as pets, lol...all of my early childhood is in that Tama, so it's really special to me and I guard it carefully.

Today I have Ensio the Tosakatchi roaming round on my screen. I know how lucky I am to have him. Although many deaths and resets and battery replacements separate him and Sky, my first ever Tama, I still like to think of him as her great-great-great-great grandson. That V4 has been my good companion for more than half my life. And yes, I have the white one back now after a lot of arguing with my brother!

~ Dazzmina ~

I have a long Tama Fan story...

In 2006 or 2007, one of my friends at the time introduced me to tamas from her v3. I asked my Mom for one, she took me to Target to get one the next day, (I remember it was a Friday during the Summer, it must have been in June as the next day was my older brother's birthday. :) ) I could only get one. I remember looking up at Target's giant display of v4s and v4.5s, I compared each one to eachother, I was about to pick a v4.5 because I liked the star antenna. :p But, then, I saw the perfect Tamagotchi for me, a light green v4 with pink accents and green flowers. (I think the design is called Hawaiian Flowers, that might be a v2 design name though...) I bought that one and got a set of Gotchi Charms to go with it. I still have it to this day, it still works. ^-^

Almost a year later in the spring, I saw a commercial for the v5. I had almost forgotten about Tamagotchi as the Tama Craze was starting to end where I was. I asked to get one and ended up going to Toys R' Us that day, as I had enough money saved for it. When my Mom, Dad and I got there, there were only two v5 designs left, the Cookie Dough design and the Yellow Cotton Candy design. I bought the Yellow Cotton Candy one and I remember being so excited that I started it up in the car. XD

Then, in 2009, around January I think, I saw another Tamagotchi commercial, not for the v5 but the Music Star. I asked for another Tamagotchi after visiting Music City as a Guest, my Mom promised to take me to the store the next day. I bought the Rock City Music Star and loved it. All of my Tamagotchi memories came back as soon as I pulled the tab. I didn't forget about Tamagotchi after that, ever. I was so upset when I lost my Music Star at my friend's house, (We found it a whole year later when we had our Tama-Gos wedged between a couch cushion. XD ) my parents agreed to let me get a replacement as long as I paid for it. I ended up getting two Music Stars for $9 each, they were on sale. Ever since, I haven't lost a Tamagotchi, or forgotten about them. :) I'm still wondering why it took me so long to become a Tama-Fan. :p

Must have been a commercial for the V4...

I forget how I came into them EXACTLY, but I DO remember that for my... ah, 10th birthday (?) that was what I wanted. My grandma took me to Best Buy to find one but they didn't have them, only the Giga Pets. That was my first digital pet, although it didn't last long! Within a few days it was trashed. I feel kind of bad for it, but I forgot about it when I found it. A Tamagotchi.

Good ol' Amazon had them. I don't remember exactly, but I bet my mom let me pick one out. I made sure to get the one with a circle antenna. (Vs the V3 with a little antenna; V4.5's didn't exist then. ;) ) I don't remember when exactly we ordered it, but it came on a Friday. I remember that because I had to do my spelling words with my mom, and she made me wait to open it until we were done. :)

I never kept it running for more than a few months at a time. I started the Tama Craze (or was one of the first, at least) at my school...

I would always run it for a little while, and then get bored of always getting Universal characters. Whenever I had to clean out my room I would find it. It was always the same question from my mom.

"Do you want your Tamagotchi?"

"No."

"Just now or forever?"

"Just now."

So we wouldn't throw it away, but I felt bad for it so I would unpause it.

Then I got a Music Star. Paused it during sixth grade and ran it during 7th, then my friend gave me her 4.5... I started a log and the rest is history. :)

Sorry for the Novel. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had always been into virtual pets, even before Tamagotchi was released. Some of my first virtual pets included a Looney Tunes Giga Pet, a Nano Baby, and a Kimiko Baby Byte. One day in the summer of 1999, I had some extra money and my dad took me to the mall to get something special. I walked into KB Toys and found my very first Tamagotchi, a transparent yellow with black trimmings P2. Little did I know I would be collecting a ton of these guys in the future! I wasn't even out of the mall before I started playing with it. :) I was hooked and though my interest in Tamagotchis waxed and waned over the years, I came to know about various Tamagotchi sites (including Pixelmood, which is a part of TamaTalk now, and Tamagotchi Planet, another great resource), started building up my collection (thank goodness for Ebay) from its humble beginnings, and eventually found TamaTalk. I haven't looked back. :)

Well, before i discovered tamagotchi, i had this virtual game thing called a Pixel Chix (Anyone ever heard of them?) And i was sooo addicted to it. But then a little while later, my bestie introduced me to tamagotchi, and i was hooked. I have actually loved them ever since. Only going off them occasionly. But that's usually because i don't have the time to run them, or i just want a break from them.

Sakura <3

My interest in Tamagotchis began when I was in 5th grade back in 1997. A classmate of mine brought her blue/pink trim P1 to school with her and showed the rest of the class what it was during recess. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. So I begged my Mom to take me to Walmart so I could get one of my very own. I ended up with an orange one with a yellow frame and pink buttons. I love raising it and trying to get all the different characters. I always seem to get the ugly ones no matter how hard I tried. Later on I got a black camo P2. Sadly at some point during my grade school years I gave my first one away to the Goodwill. I totally regret doing that. I had no idea how much I would come to appreciate our cute little pixel pals. :ichigotchi:

Hmm, its a blurry memory but, OH YEAH! I was 5 and so it was.. at ToysRus and I think it was Christmas, or my birthday, ANYWAYS, I was looking in the Littlest Pet Shop area and I found one I wanted, looked around at the other aisles for a while and I saw a Tamagotchi Famitama/Familitchi! My dad asked me which one I wanted and I immediately wanted the tamagotchi! Payed, took it home and started playing. My uncle helped me out with the instructions. It was complicated at first... and stayed that way. I messed up on the family name and kept restarting it. I forgot what happened next but then I stopped playing with it. And so, 3 years passed and I found it! It was out of battery so I played pretend with it. Stopped playing with it AGAIN and found it the next year. I SERIOUSLY wanted to play with it so I looked EVERYWHERE for a battery. I finally found one and put it in. So yeah! I thought it was fun and I found out about new versions. And thats the end of my boring-no-one-would-read-story.

I'm an old old-school Tama fan too (maybe I should shorten that to OG - Original Gotchi ;) ).

Got one when the craze first started in 97. A lot of older people had them then. They were not as targeted to young girls then. Got them for my kids around 2006/7 and played a little. Got back into them with TamaGo and have a Nano and 4.5 in the post. My youngest (4) loves the anime and I'll probably try to teach him how to play one soon.

When I was about 9, me and my mum went to a toy store. I was allowed to buy something. I saw these little V5.5 celebritys and I got one. I couldn't even say Tamagotchi and the names of the characters! :eek: Then I got interested in them and also watched some Let's Go Tamagotchi! So, that's how I got to like them! :)

When I was little I was into the virtual pets. I never owned a tamagotchi though just giga pets I remember one was rugrats gigapet with multiple characters from the show to chose from then the others were the cheap 50 in 1 pets or the other kinds. Had some that could connect with wires too. I do not know what happened to all my virtual pets but this was when I was 6 to 10 years old. I am 23 now and I was bored a couple years ago while work was slow. I was bored out of my mind and had no hobby or real interest. I saw a commercial for a tamagotchi v6 music star and told my brother I want a tamagotchi after I got online and looked it up. I went right to the store and bought one of the blue tamagotchi v6 designs I cant find the name to it. I played with it everyday for a month or two and I joined this site. Then started looking on ebay and got great deals on 2 lots of tamagotchis and have started growing my collection sense. I usually am playing with a tamagotchi everyday carrying it with me. I switch versions from every week to once every 3 months.The version depends on if I am taking college courses or not at the moment.

Around age 7 to 10 I collected some odd virtual pets. A few 20 in one kind of pets and soe that you could connect with wires. Had a rugrats gigapet that had multiple characters you could take care of. I guess I lost interest at some point and so not know what happened to my pets. Update about 2 years ago and age 21. Things were very slow at work and I had no real hobbies or interests and was very bored, I was also not in college or anything at the time. A commercial for a tamagotchi v6 music star ran across my TV screen so I went to the computer and searched for info on it. I ran across this site but did not join then and told my brother I wanted to go to a store and get a tamagotchi. I went to kmart and they had different ones so i picked one that was my favorite color a blue tamagotchi v6 I do not know design name and can not find it. I played with that tamagotchi a long time and got great records and trophies one after the other. I also started reading more on this site and started looking on ebay for tamagotchis and ended up getting 2 great lots for a great price and started growing my collection. I am now always carrying a tamagotchi with me and the version depends on if I am taking college courses or on a break.

I am sorry computer mess up.

I have a simple answer to your question, my friend came to my house with her Dinkie Dino in 1997 it must have been. lol And BAM! i got the tamagotchi bug.

I first became interested with virtual pets back 97 after hearing about them from a conversation between my father and his girlfriend at the age of 11. When I got back from spending two weeks with him I set out on the hunt. My first v-pet was an 8 in 1 that broke fairly quickly. I purchased my first tamagorhi soon after that.

Well I was maybe 7 when I got this little Virtral pets thing that has 4 bottons and you could raise like a butterfly or horse or turtle with no pause thing. I showed my friend the virtral pets thing and she said she wanted one. And it turns out she got something completely different... yes a Tamagotchi. She left her tama at my place and I ended up taking care of it for her. I started to like this 'Tamagotchi' thing so I wanted one. To this day foward I still like tamas. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back