How you became a Tama-Fan

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to my friends house and we connected her v2's. i fell in love with tamagotchi's and had 17 tamas, including v2's,3's,4's,4.5's. now im all about tamago!!!

It was one day at Walmart, I saw a bunch of music stars lined up against the wall. I asked for one, but my parent's said I already have a DS Lite. Later, I got bored of my DS and sold it to gamestop. A little later, I asked for a tama-go and got one and i still have it and love it with all my heart. <3

I was about six years old. My mom's friend's son had a V3. I instantly fell in love with it and he let me play with it for a while. About a year later, I went over to his house, and I asked to see the Tama. Sadly, he said his cat had destroyed it and showed me the Tama Rubble. :( For my next birthday, I opened up my final present and it was a pink V4 decorated with little yellow hearts! At first I was bad at it, but then I started getting better and better characters! Then, my younger sister got one for her seventh birthday. It was purple with flowers on it, I think. We started connecting them everyday and even got them married a couple of times! A year later, it ran out of battery so she put it on a shelf. By the time we got new batteries, her Tama was gone. :( She never got a new one or showed any effort to find it. Then, for Christmas when I was eleven, I think, I got a white Kuchipatchi-themed Tama-Go. That's when I realized how much I loved Kuchipatchi. (By the way, I've only gotten Kuchipatchi once.) I may only have two Tamas, but I love them more than anything! :wub: (Well, maybe my crush...) Now I am thirteen and still in love with Tamas :wub: ! I want an iD for my next birthday and hopefully more Tama-Go figures- I still only have the one that came with it. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1st grade the v1 came out....some girl in my class had one. Then my best friend got a "friendship pack" or something with 2 tamas in it. So then I begged and begged for one... for my birthday my uncles sent me money, so I had $125 to spend at Target for a little birthday spree...I almost bought a pure-white Deco-Gotchi....my sister bought a v2. So after that my aunt sent me a metallic purple v1 for my birthday and that's how the obsession started.

My dad continued the obsession ^-^ Every time a new version came out (I didn't go online to check) my dad would go to Toys R Us and buy me the version and when I went to bed I'd find it under my pillow :rolleyes: But yeah after v5 my dad stopped buying them for me because 1. I'm "too old" to buy more and 2. I didn't like Music Star....I still play my Tamas though :)

In year 5, when I was 9 or 10, one of the girls in my year got one. It was a white one - I remember borrowing it one lunch time, and I was hooked. Shortly afterwards, I bugged my mum and dad about it, begging them to buy me one. My birthday soon came around and my dad asked me what I wanted. I scanned through a catalogue and picked out a little silver dolphin charm necklace, a Baby-G digital watch and a Tamagotchi. I wanted a baby pink or baby blue one. I wasn't allowed to get it until the day after my birthday because my dad didn't get paid until the next day. :p I waited, impatiently, until the next day. My dad came home with my Baby-G watch and a baby blue Tamagotchi V1 (I never did get that dolphin charm necklace!). I adored it from day one - ask me what my first character was, what it was called, and how well I looked after it, I wouldn't know. All I know is that, from that day, my love for Tamagotchi grew, and I bought several more over the course of a year, being one of the first to buy a V2 in the UK when it was released. However, when the batteries ran dry for the second time, I couldn't afford to revive them. They sat in my draw for several long and dreary years until the end of March 2012, when I rediscovered them in the back of my drawer, purchased some batteries from Amazon, et voilà, my love for the cutest ever virtual pet was reborn. :)

I was 9. My Mum got my brother one for Christmas. And I fell in love with it. Of course he liked it too... but only to torture the poor baby. :( I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE THAT TAMA. So me and my little bro ended up having this big fight (lol) which ended in a tug-of-war... then he slipped and the Tama went soaring across the room. I went to pick it up when I saw the screen was cracked. D: So I scooped it up and put it in a small box with a ribbon on it. I still have the box now and its been 4 years... anyways. So I begged and begged to my Mum (who went insane with all this begging) for a new Tama. She brought me a blue V4. I still have the V4. Its still in perfect working condition. Apart from the fact that a button fell out and I had to replace all three of them, its perfect! I have owned and loved Tamas since. :)

I remembered one day tamas from when I was a kid and then found this place and bought my tamas:)

So...you're a Tamagotchi fan, right?

Otherwise you wouldn't be on this site. ;)

Whoops...I rhymed! :eek:

Anyway, how DID you come to like Tamas? How did you find out about them? Why did you want them, and how did you get your first one?

With me, it's a loooooong story. There was this new magazine I like called Little Angel. I got the first issue when I was 7 years old. I liked it. I got all the issues after that until something caught my eye. The CUTEST critters in the UNIVERSE! It was an article about version 2 and it showed characters like Mametchi, Young Mimitchi, and Ichigotchi and they were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I wanted one! But Mama said to wait until they were cheaper.

Then version 3 came out but I never got a chance to get that...then v4 came out when I was almost 8.

I KNEW Mama was getting one for my birthday! I could hardly wait. So I got it a day before my 8th birthday. :p

It was a blue one with Mametchi on it. I loved it. It was so fun. I spent every waking hour tending to my virtual pet. I got Tensaitchi! :eek:

From that day on, I bought every Tama version and stuff that was released. And I bought every Little Angel issue after that, for making me a Tama fan, even though it's not in the magazine anymore. :unsure:

Here's what it looks like:

imageproxy.php

I still have it. It's broken to bits. I remember when it stopped working, I cried and cried...I will keep it forever...

~ EMF ♥
Wow...I got my first Tama in the exact same month as you... :eek:

I've always seemed to have a thing for digital pets... The 97 pets were my favorite forever.... I got a Compu kitty and sparked my love for other digital pets. I started to collect Giga Pets and other lesser pets... Then I finally found a tamagotchi. My black tama. I don't think there was any other color there.... but that KB toy store... I miss it.

Ironically... It wasn't until they came Back as Connections. I got my pair and wanted a new one each time I saw a new version.... I like that I have one of each connection atleast. So, now I just watch for new versions (Or in Bandai's favor now-a-days....) or patterns I don't have or like. In some cases... I figure I can paint them if I do end up with doubles. (Like Music Stars, most of the ones I have I see in the stores if I do at all...)

Once every two o three years,

I find them in my drawer waiting to get a new battery!

So I start playing with them again!!!

And again,

and again

anddd.... AGAIN

I got a V2 for Christmas 2005, when I was 10. Her name was Lisa and I loved her, and constantly took care of her. I remember seeing an egg on the screen (someone or something must have pressed the reset button at one point), and I thought Lisa had had a baby, so I was all excited telling everyone. When the egg didn't hatch, and I pressed B for idefk why, I saw the Download/Reset options. So I pressed download and Lisa was back xD I then continued to raise multiple generations on this V2 (5 was my record back then xDD) and I did some pretty stupid things too. Anyways, about the end of February 2006 I think, the V2 broke. I vividly remember freaking out, going "NONONONO IT CAN'T BE BROKEN I DON'T WANT IT TO BE BROKEN I WANT ANOTHER ONE IF THIS ONE DOESN'T WORK!" and then I got a V3, when they had just been released and V2s were no longer in stores. Then my friend and I made them popular by bringing them to school, because after that, everyone had one. Anyways, I came to discover TamaTalk through TamaTown xDD

In 2006 or 2007, I got my first Tamagotchi as a present from my parents - a Tamagotchi Connection V4 with a Memetchi design on the front shell. It was the Asian design with the little shell/beads instead of a keychain ring :3 I started playing and connecting with my friends and I was hooked for the longest time. It was, basically, my entire life.

Then I moved to another country, and my Gotchi started collecting dust. I found it last year and bought a new battery for it, but sadly, it doesn't seem to work anymore ;___; I'm still a Tama fan through and through.

In 5th grade, some of my friends had them and I was in awe at how much fun these little devices could be. I would take care of theirs during school, haha. My first tama was a v4 :) .

Thought I would add my two cents to a topic that has not had any posts in a month... -_-

I was one of the little kids who went psycho over the 1996/1997 release of the Tamagotchi in Australia. I was 6 years old and I can't really remember how I even came about discovering what a Tamagotchi was. I remember seeing kids have them at school, I'm guessing I just went along with the craze.

I do recollect that I had asked my Mum for one, perhaps on a Thursday afternoon (I have a photo of myself in my sports uniform with my digital pet, and sports day was Friday) and she took me down to the Toy Store to choose one. I ended up getting one of those fake ones, as Mum was not going to fork out a heap of money for something I was only (supposedly) going to play with for two minutes. I had the choice between the fish pet, or dog. I chose dog.

I remember having this digital pet, thinking I was the coolest person on the planet. That night, my Mum, Dad and I went out for dinner and I remember sitting at the table and looking across - there was a guy who was at least 20 years old playing with one. I remember the dog pet was incredibly hard to keep alive - and it died when I got home. The natural response of a 6 year old? I cried. Dad did come to the rescue, helping me understand how to feed it, etc.

My friends and I used to love showing our pets off. But at lunch time, we never played with the pet - we used the clock on it to time ourselves running! :p

The craze died down. My friend received a proper Tamagotchi from her Mum when she was in year 4, after a trip overseas. My friend and I just laughed at it most of the time, because she kept getting the same character ALL the time. Unfortunately, the little thing got put through the wash. We were pretty devastated, it was a good spare time activity when class was boring.

I ended up getting a few Digimons over the years, they were pretty cool. ^^ I loved those.

In 2005, I remember Mum bringing in the catalogues from the mail. I opened a K-Mart one - and they were advertising the new Tamagotchi Connection V1. I freaked. They were being released as part of the massive K-Mart toy sale they do every year. I asked Mum to buy me one, and handed her the money. I told her that she needed to get there early because they might go like crazy.

As luck would have it, I woke up the morning of the sale, sick. Sick = day off school = me actually going down town to buy one. :D Finally! I had my own Tamagotchi!

I kept collecting from that moment. Sure, I've had some pretty massive breaks in my collecting phase, but we will see what happens.

Sorry for the long post. ^^

It was in June 2007, my 7th birthday was last month on the 7th of May, and we went out to a pub with my dads friend and his family. They kept thinking that my birthday was on the 7th of June. I was playing with my DS lite that I had been given, with Nintendogs, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Blue Rescue Team. Their daughter, named Amber, had got me a present. I opened it, and guess was it was? A V4. And that is how I got into tamas.

Well I was 4 and it was after my party. I was going through all my gifts when i found a v4.5!! That was my first ever tama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back