Ways To Keep Tamas From Young Ones

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicfan253

Reaction score
Tamagotchis are collectors items, but little toddlers and kids don't know that. How bout we list some times kids have messed with your Tamas and how to prevent it?

Today I was at my friend's, and she has a toddler sister. Who I might add almost tried to rip the two screens of my 3DS apart. Anyway, she grabbed at my Tama and said "Whas that?"

I quickly threw it under a pillow when she wasn't looking because I knew what she would do had she gotten ahold of it.

Now here's a list of ways to keep it out of that little stinker's hands:

1. Set your tama up in a really HIGH place, even if you think they can't reach it, you'd be surprised.

2. If they make a grab for it, use your brain and swipe it away!

3. Bring your Tama with you in every room, only set it down if you can keep an eye on it.

4. If your door locks, put your Tama collection in the room, lock it, and either climb out a window or if you have a key, lock it from the outside.

5. Hide them! Toddlers aren't very smart and won't look in very many places. But don't put it somewhere too obvious.

What I usually do is try not to show too much interest in them with little kids around. Little kids will try to get anything they think might be fun to play with. But when that fails, I usually put my Tamas on my lanyard so I'll know if someone screws with my Tama.

If all else fails, I'll fill my Tamagotchi up with food and make sure it's ready to go without care for a while. Then I'll put it up in a high place (or somewhere that little kids are forbidden) and leave it there for a while. If I'm going to be gone for more than a few hours, I'll set the time so it goes to sleep.

My little cousins don't seem to have much interest in my Tamagotchis anyways. They're always like "Let's go do something else" if I get my Tama out.

Say if we're having a party at our place and little toddlers (like some of my cousins) are coming I just hide them up high like you said
or place them somewhere no one would ever find them, like a random box.

I put mine to sleep and leave them in a safe place to keep them away from little kids. But, the little kids I know are actually quite docile and love seeing little animations and watching my tamas play with toys. So, it's okay with me.

If little children are coming to my place, i have this jewellry box thing that i keep my collection in. It comes with keys so i just lock it and keep the keys with me, and they never find it!

Or if i'm out somewhere and there are little people around, i will just keep them in my pocket or around my neck on a lanyard so that i know my tamas won't get in harms way.

Sakura.

I hate little kids when they come to MY house, go searching through MY stuff, and break MY stuff. These 2 annoying little girls (ages 2 and 5) come over with their parents for dinner sometimes. Once the younger one PEED ON THE FLOOR, the older one told her mom, and her mom did NOTHING about it. I was so angry...then they came into my room. I couldn't coax them or try to distract them from my delicate Breyer horses that were carefully lined up on my dresser. The younger one started filling up a bag with stuff she wanted, and I couldn't say NO or she would start screaming. What a brat. I ended up having to give away half of my cherished stuffed animals I had when I was a baby.

They kept going back to my room, and in the end I locked my door when they left my room. Later the younger one disappeared, so I went looking for her. She was standing in the hallway, trying to get into my room, and she started sobbing because she wanted to play with my birds.

"Play."

Those bitty little parakeets are used to gentle play: maybe chasing a marble, carrying around a bell, preening my hair or playing with my earrings. NOT being forcefully grabbed by tiny fat hands. THAT is why they bit them....It wasn't fair at ALL that they kept pulling stuff out form under my bed (No! My journal!) and they went through EVERY drawer in my dressers.

Then they were taking purses off of my purse rack and dumping the contents.

They were laughing the whole time, even when I tried to distract them "Angelina, that's not a toy! Can you hand that to me?" and they'd just laugh their heads off.

They eventually started banging a horse on my poor goldfish's tank and that's when my sister dragged my mom over. Their parents did NOOOTTTHHHIIIIIING. When they left they didn't even thank us for the toys their kids took.

I feel like a part of me is gone....

They didn't take my tamas (thank God), but I'm still really angry about them.

Honestly, if a door is locked and the kid knows it's your room, they'll probably assume that it's a land full of toys and stuffed animals that they can either keep or play with, so it's best not to let them know where your room is. >.>

But recently I got a small metal box with a VERY strong lock and key, so I'm hiding my valuables in there in case those annoying kids come over again. They're from a certain community of home-schooled kids who have absolutely no social skills. Ugh. Nothing against home-schoolers, because the ones on TamaTalk actually KNOW how to socialize properly, but these kids....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That's sad. :D

If that had happened to me, I would have taken that bag of theirs and gotten all of my stuffed animals back whether they cried or not. Sounds like that was a bad experience.

I have a small little dial-safe to put stuff in, but I wouldn't dream of putting my Go in their. Scratches. :p

Omg.

My sister has a 4 year old son, and he always goes through my stuff. He picked up my V6 and I told him to drop it. I didn't mean literally, but he dropped it on the floor. Then, he saw my shiny iD L and picked it up with sticky hands. He started violently pressing buttons. He was pretty much mashing them with way too much force. Then i told him not to touch my tamas. Then he had the nerve enough to grab my iD and start hitting the iD L with it. Luckily no tamas were broken but my iD has a weird rainbow on the screen. Luckily its hard to see.

After that, I have a safe that i use to keep my tamas in at night, and when mom babysits. It's a little kid safe, because it has a barbie design on it or something, and it ran out of batteries and the buttons broke so you can't open it. Unless you pick the lock, and I can open it easily in 10 seconds using a pair of safety scissors. But no one else knows how to open it.

I LET my 4 yr old sister play with my tamagotchi, but she's a failure and doesn't know how to do anything. It took her 5 minutes to get to the health screen and find out that he was hungry and then another 10 to actually feed it something. ^ _ ^

My bro wants a tama, but (sorry bro) he's horrible at taking care of one. Nonethless I'm going to save up some cash and buy him one. >.>

My siblings don't really try to harm my Tamagotchis, but when my youngest brother was really little he would try to steal them. Solution? Simple! I stick them in my bra... Please don't laugh, but that's what I really do. X_X

I hate when my family comes over sometimes, it's like none of my cousins have any common sense. With the younger ones I understand (7, etc.) but with the older ones (11, 12, etc.) they still don't get it. And my mom makes it clear that no one is allowed upstairs (my room is upstairs) but none of them listen. After years of them breaking a countless amount of toys, I have a little outcove in the bottom of my bed. It's really meant to hold books, but i took out the majority of the books and left a few books in there, and i put a book in the front. when you take that book and move it, there's a nice space that i decorated for my tamas. maybe i'll put a pic up one day of it x3 but i just made the outside look all boring with books that don't look appealing to kids, to trick them that nothing's there, when i actually spend my whole day there sometimes x3

Get a locking doorknob, and replace the knob currently on the door. When little ones come over, lock the door. I had to do this when my younger cousins came over. I had a toy box with some old toys in it that they could play with.

Tamagotchis are collectors items, but little toddlers and kids don't know that. How bout we list some times kids have messed with your Tamas and how to prevent it?

Today I was at my friend's, and she has a toddler sister. Who I might add almost tried to rip the two screens of my 3DS apart. Anyway, she grabbed at my Tama and said "Whas that?"

I quickly threw it under a pillow when she wasn't looking because I knew what she would do had she gotten ahold of it.

Now here's a list of ways to keep it out of that little stinker's hands:

1. Set your tama up in a really HIGH place, even if you think they can't reach it, you'd be surprised.

2. If they make a grab for it, use your brain and swipe it away!

3. Bring your Tama with you in every room, only set it down if you can keep an eye on it.

4. If your door locks, put your Tama collection in the room, lock it, and either climb out a window or if you have a key, lock it from the outside.

5. Hide them! Toddlers aren't very smart and won't look in very many places. But don't put it somewhere too obvious.
Actually, all the Toddlers I knew would look everywhere for anything fun. I would suggest locking them in a box or if you have a purse, backpack, or something with double zippers you could get a tiny mini padlock to put both zippers on. Short of that the suggestions for filling them up and putting them someplace VERY high are good or pausing them and putting them in your pocket is another safe bet unless you might be getting yourself wet or around large bodies of water. Maybe a little fib wont hurt at last resort saying theres a monster hiding in the egg that might get mad and get them if they wake it up by touching it or hitting buttons. Bringing toddler-friendly distractions are good too, just make sure they arent too messy.

I was fortunate to not have issues with my baby sister trashing my tamas. I either kept them on me at all times or kept them out of sight/range of grabby little hands. I went so far as to keep them in a latchable box in my closet on the top most shelf. However, with my own son, it's made it more challenging since he's ALWAYS in my hair and messing with anything I try to keep away. I do pretty much the same thing as I did with my sis but I keep my tamas in this nifty hanging front and back jewelry pouch thing. (It's kinda hard to explain.) I just make it clear he can't touch them and do my best to not make my stuff an easy target.

However, with my own son, it's made it more challenging since he's ALWAYS in my hair and messing with anything I try to keep away. I just make it clear he can't touch them and do my best to not make my stuff an easy target.
Lol i have that same problem, i have two boys, one three and one just over a year old, the three year old knows what he's not allowed to touch so he's fine, its the one year old thats all the trouble, last week I had to go to my 'garbage' bins, pull out two sacks of waste and bring them in the house to search through to find my V2, believe me that is gross. Found it in there though, hes going through a stage of "lets put everything in either the bin or the toilet" so I have to keep close tabs on everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back