* * * * * 3 votes
NO COMMENTS

RoboDog's Electronic partners in crime

• Please log in to reply

robodog

• robodog user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:21 AM ( #52 )

I just spent 1000 Gotchi Points on a meal for my P's. I think I'm spoiling him.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:19 PM ( #53 )

My P's changed into his teen stage today. He is now a blue creature with a ring around his neck. I took him outside and a truck showed up. I ended up buying him a hamburger for $500 Gotchi Points. The seller also gave him some sort of coupon. I don't know what it's for exactly but I guess I'll find out. 

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:43 AM ( #54 )

I decided to try to change the interior of his house today. Bad idea. I tried the underwater theme but once I got it together I didn't like it much so I went back to the space theme. I wasted a lot of gotchi points and now I'm kicking myself. Now to slowly start building up gotchi points again.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:02 PM ( #55 )

I sent my P's off to day care today. He was there less than an hour before his hunger meter started dropping. What, they don't feed them at this place? What kind of second rate day care is this? Is the person in charge even qualified to mind young Tamas or are they some drunken hobo they pulled in off the street and paid off with a bottle of Jack Daniels? I'm thinking law suit. I brought him back by changing the clock. I wasn't entirely sure what would happen if I left him. But I didn't want him coming back to me starving. Despite lack of food he seemed to enjoy the experience. Probably because the drunken hobo in charge just let them run wild. I would have had more fun in school too if they just let us do whatever we wanted. But fun as it could be there's a lot of danger in allowing kids to run around unsupervised.  I'm just glad my guy didn't return missing limbs.

• elisiemo likes this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:59 AM ( #56 )

My P's became an adult last night. He became the knight guy. We also snagged a puzzle piece and he got some kind of note that seemed to make him really happy.  One of the first things I noticed about adulthood for the P's is that they really don't like to be fed the default meal. I guess he'll be eating out from now on.  I think I may have just inadvertently put him to work. He was in the park and he talked to some guy and the next thing I knew he was working at the clothing shop. He's back now so I guess he didn't work a whole day Either that or I misinterpreted what was going on.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:09 AM ( #57 )

So my P's may or may not be defective. The screen was flickering last night and early this morning. Not going blank like it usually does after 30 seconds of inactivity. The screen was just growing dimmer as if the backlight was flickering on and off. I tried changing the batteries and it still flickered. But it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. I hope it was just a glitch. 

Anyway, his happiness dropped a bit so I let him play with an item. That black movie clacker thing. Suddenly my guy was fighting ninjas for some reason. Then he got another puzzle piece. The little fart's pretty good with a sword by the way.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:52 AM ( #58 )

This will be my last log post for awhile. The screen on my P's is definitely messed up. It gets so dim I can barely see it. It's kind of depressing. Just another misfortune in what seems to be a series of them lately. I've grown attached to my P's so I won't be returning him. He's not dead. Just crippled. Not unlike Grimlock, my non functioning V3. And just like Grimlock, I still plan to carry him around and give him the best life possible despite his handicap. I love him too much to do anything else.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:35 AM ( #59 )

My P's is back in the game! His screen seems to have gotten better. Even if it still fades occasionally I've decided it's something I can deal with. So to catch up, my Knight guy got married and had a kid. His current incarnation is a turtle. More to come.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:19 PM ( #60 )

His screen is definitely better. It hasn't dimmed in two days. It must have been weak batteries causing it.

I sent him to daycare where he seemed to do a lot of napping and coloring. But they still didn't feed him. I remember my days in Day Care. They definitely fed us, though what they fed us could only loosely be defined as food. Baloney sandwiches with mayonnaise. I have always loathed mayonnaise. Maybe my Tama's better off with the food I give him anyway. And maybe they do feed them but my Tama refuses to eat the slop they serve. That would probably be my fault. I'm the pickiest eater there ever has been. Maybe my habits are rubbing off on my Tama.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:24 AM ( #61 )

My P's screen has started to dim again but it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. The thing making the screen seem so dark was the space design I had his house set up it. That darkened everything considerably. Once I changed the house design to lighter backgrounds the dimness is barely noticeable. The dark background made me overreact. Having Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which makes every imperfection bug me didn't help either.

Anyway, my Tama changed today. Despite trying to give him different skill points he became the blue guy with the ring around his neck once again. It seems I may be on track to either get the knight guy again or Mametchi. Good care characters though they may be, it'd be nice to get something different. I have Mametchi on my V5 currently and I had the Knight guy last generation on my P's.

Speaking of my V5 I reactivated it now that I'm more experienced with the P's. They're still the adults they were the last time I posted an update on them. I'm going to let them remain adults longer this time around. Retraining them from scratch every time they revert to infants is a pain. Even with cheats I don't really enjoy the process of getting their bonding back up to 100%.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:39 AM ( #62 )

My P's is now an adult. He's the Knight guy again. I see now when he becomes an infant again that I'm going to have to use entirely different items to gain different skill points if I want a different character. And my P's now has a pet! It's a little purple dog thing. I wonder if his next incarnation will still have it or it will disappear once my guy reverts to infancy again. I've noticed the clothes stay locked until adulthood so maybe they can only have pets as adults too. He went on a date with a purple cat thing where they sat in the park and made out while some Tama pets watched. Odd that animals would be interested in that sort of thing. He went on a second date with a different girl where those same animals watched again. I hope they don't tell one girl that he's going out with another. But, then, maybe having multiple girlfriends is normal in Tama society.

My V5 Tamas are still adults and not quite ready to marry yet. Not much to report with them.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:49 PM ( #63 )

Aaaand now My P's has gone through marriage and is on his third generation. I got a boy again. I kind of wanted a girl this go-round since that would guarantee a different adult.. Oh well. I still love him. He's the turtle guy again at the moment and I'm trying to have him learn entirely different skill points than his last two incarnations in the hopes of getting someone other than the Knight guy.

My V5 is still the same. No change there. I just fed them and let them play with one of their items so they're good for awhile.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:19 AM ( #64 )

Last night my P's got to stay up late. My favorite show, Alf, was airing for two hours on the Hub starting at nine. While I used to stay up until around 11:30 recently I've been having difficulty making it to 9 or 10. I tend to pass out during the commercials. Is it me or are commercial breaks a lot longer than they used to be? At any rate I kept my Tama up so I could play games with him during the commercials and hopefully keep myself awake during all four episodes. It didn't work. I started getting really sleepy at about ten and gave up the ghost. But my Tama gave it his best shot and I appreciate him trying. Tonight, three hours of South Park and Futurama starting at 7. I shouldn't have problems remaining conscious until ten but my Tama will once again be kept up past his bedtime in order to give me something to do during commercials because I swear  the commercial breaks on Comedy Central take forever. I think they have more commercials in a 30 minute episode than they do the actual program.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:21 PM ( #65 )

My P's reached his teen form today. He is now a snail thing. I've never gotten this character before so I think I'm well on my way to getting a different adult this time. Since today's my birthday I decided to get all five of my Tamas out to spend it with me though only my P's currently has batteries installed. I decided to retire my V5 again. We keep the house so dark it's kind of hard to see and going back and forth from my color P's to my grey scale V5 hurt my eyes and made it difficult to adjust.  But my V5 is still an important part of my Tamagotchi family and will still be treated with love batteries or no batteries. I'm not even sure my V3 still works but I still think of him as part of my family. In my belief, a Tamagotchi only truly dies if the device is destroyed. My V3 may be crippled, but he is still important to me and will be treated as such.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:11 PM ( #66 )

With friends and family wishing me Happy Birthday left and right today my Tamagotchi P's decided to get into the act as well. I was in the kitchen getting a much needed Coke when I heard music. At first I thought it was coming from the computer, but I realized it was coming from my pocket. I pulled out my Tama and heard the Happy Birthday song blaring from his little electronic speakers. He had come right up close to the screen making joyful expressions. I was touched. So touched that I decided to take him to the treat shop and buy him the most expensive treat on the menu. But apparently my guy wasn't done.  And when he got there the song started blaring again, a cake was brought out. fireworks went off and a giant "Happy Birthday" sign filled the screen. I was surprised but pleased. So I gave my Tama a hug and thanked him for the sentiment. But one thing I wonder is this. Why was the Happy Birthday sign in English on a Japanese Tama?  But all in all I chalk this up as one of the best experiences I've had with an electronic pet. Tamagotchi P's. Best virtual pet ever!

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:56 PM ( #67 )

My P's reached adulthood once again. I got the Knight guy again. Crap. I thought for sure that I'd get a different adult. I ended up marrying him to a guinea pig looking creature and my P's is now an infant once again. A boy. Again. I'm not sure what else I can do to get a different adult. After getting the knight guy for a third time I was really hoping my P's would become a girl this time around thereby making getting a  different adult a certainty. Don't get me wrong.  I like the Knight guy. But variety is the spice of life. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I'll be a bit more relaxed with my caretaking and see what happens. Maybe I keep getting the knight guy because I refuse to get care misses. But that aspect of my Tama parenting will not change even if I get the knight guy every single time throughout the entirety of my Tama's existence. I refuse to treat a Tama like a video game. It's a pet and you don't neglect pets. 

One other little touch I noticed. When the adult Tama leaves the baby you see a light transfer from the adult to the infant as if the old form's spirit is inhabiting the new form and continuing it's existence. I like this. It falls in line with my theory that each old Tama is reincarnated into the new generation and a Tama retains the memories of every form raised on that device.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:33 PM ( #68 )

I found the problem thanks to a growth chart I found. Apparently if you win 20 or more games at the arcade with a teen you get the knight guy. I spend a great deal of time playing the games to build up my gotchi points in the evenings and I can win the rope game while practically on auto drive. So this time when my Tama becomes a Teen I won't win when playing games. I'll just have to settle for less money while he's a Teen,. I'll have plenty of time to make money when he's a toddler and adult. The growth chart also said that you can get different characters if you let the Tama play with the robot or computer 20 times as a Teen so I'll try that too.

Edited by robodog, 18 July 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: no comments