New Tamagotchi Product: What do you want?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Bandai made a Tamagotchi and it didn't sell, would you be happy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatown123

Reaction score
Not everybody want Bandai to make a Tamagotchi, but they want them to make other things to make for the brand. What other things do you want Bandai to make for the brands? If they made a Tamagotchi or anything else like a DS Game, would it/they sell well? Share your thoughts!

They NEED one in colour!!! In 2008 Japan realesed the first LCD Colour Screen and it 2010, BanDai America was just too lazy to make one in colour and added the grayscale feature which isn't as good. And they released figures which costed extra!!! The TamaGO didn't even have an itembox!? Bandai America is too slack so i guess we have to rely on BanDai Japan. Otherwise, the Tamagotchi App is very popular and it is bringing back many memories to the adults who have forgotten about tamagotchi's. I hope to see more Tamagotchi products in the future :D

I really don't care if and when the next Tama is released or if it is in colour or not. As long as its more complex than a Tama-go. Because, lets be honest, the Tamago is a slightly upgraded Connection with a nasty headache inducing screen in 2010. Bandai Japan released a Tama which barely even resembles the days of Connections, with brilliant vibrant colour screen, in 2009. I won't say 2008 because the +color is very much a colour Connection in my opinion.

I really don't care if it is colour screened or not (though that would be nice). I just want something that doesn't make me want to bash my head into a wall after looking at it, and something where the great new features aren't being able to;

a- Toilet train your Adults (I think this sort of takes away the fun of the caring...)

or

b- Slide absolutely huge ugly figures that you couldn't take anywhere with you onto an already huge Tamagotchi.

It costs a lot of money to make a colour Tamagotchi, Bandai Japan are making them in colour because Tamagotchi is very famous there. If you look into the toy world, Tamagotchi is probably like Disney in Japan. Although yet again, if Bandai gathered all the money from the people who bought the V6 and Tama-Go, and added a little bit more money into the process, I'm sure they would've had enough to create a colour Tamagotchi.

Lots of children probably wanted to buy the Tama-Go - it looks cute and fun, and in some respects is - but their parents thought it was too expensive and wouldn't let them get it.

I'm surprised by how many people I've seen here whose parents originally said Tamas were too expensive. Think how many of them there are now - how many new Tamagotchi fans there would be if the Tama-Go was affordable!

A colour Tama with a good price would sell well. There's no point trying to make loads of profit out of a brand that's dying out anyway; first they need to concentrate on selling it at all, then they start with the overpriced stuff.

First of all, we tamagotchi fans know how expensive a colored tamagotchi is and that's in Japanese. Just look at the price of an IDL-E. If they release a colored tama WORLDWIDE and in ENGLISH, Heck, that'll be expensive as hell and no parent will allow their kids to buy it :( ( Let's just remain old school and stay with the black and white tamas or even a gray scale one :) )

Since the plain black and white gets too old, the gray scale is good enough. Probably the size of a music star I guess and focuses on the tamagotchi itself and not the figures that goes POP! POP! POPPAGOTCHI! ( the Tama-Go commercial lol :p )

The color is really expensive so let's not expect cheap colored tamagotchis :( (

Maybe release a tamatown app for phones so tamagotchis could go there instead? Not sure though.

First of all, we tamagotchi fans know how expensive a colored tamagotchi is and that's in Japanese. Just look at the price of an IDL-E. If they release a colored tama WORLDWIDE and in ENGLISH, Heck, that'll be expensive as hell and no parent will allow their kids to buy it :( ( Let's just remain old school and stay with the black and white tamas or even a gray scale one :) )

Since the plain black and white gets too old, the gray scale is good enough. Probably the size of a music star I guess and focuses on the tamagotchi itself and not the figures that goes POP! POP! POPPAGOTCHI! ( the Tama-Go commercial lol :p )

The color is really expensive so let's not expect cheap colored tamagotchis :( (

Maybe release a tamatown app for phones so tamagotchis could go there instead? Not sure though.
The colour is not expensive to make, it's not that much more than black and white.

As I said in my last post, if Bandai gather up enough money and put in this Tamagotchi, it will work. I think if they were to make a colour Tamagotchi, the price shouldn't be too costly or too cheap. I would be fine with it if its £15 - £30 because it's not THAT expensive. If not colour, I will be perfectly fine with a normal greyscale Tamagotchi. It needs to have enough features to be worth it, though. I think the price range of a greyscale Tamagotchi should be £8 - £15.

Colour LCDs are really not all that expensive, in Japan, new Colour Tamas are generally not that much above £30. Parents are willing to spend £60 on a Furby, so why not £30 on a Tamagotchi? They do a ton more and are -clearly- a lot cheaper.

Bandai could produce a b/w tama for about £1, with ease. Greyscale screens are cheap as well.

I don't care about Apps. I don't care about anime or plushies. I wouldn't mind a Tamagotchi T-Shirt, but I could live without it. All I want is a new Tamagotchi device. Until that happens, Bandai won't see a single cent from me. Sadly, I doubt there will ever be another Tama device released. The app has taken over, at least in America.

They don't NEED a color screen. Tama-Go = best version everrrrrrrrr! I think they should really make more Tamagotchi anime episodes in English because it is a really good show.

color?? nah. i like the vintage screens.

my tamagotchi dream is for them to make a new one that resembles vintage and or v1-3.

my dream that i refuse to accept just as a dream..

it'll be reality..i know it lol

Lol i fell like the oddball, im the only one who wants a colour screen tama and not a black and white screen XD

What is with you people talking in weird fonts? Use Times New Roman for Christs sake, so nobody has to spend ten minutes deciphering one sentence.

What is with you people talking in weird fonts? Use Times New Roman for Christs sake, so nobody has to spend ten minutes deciphering one sentence.
Ummm, I don't think it should be THAT hard to read.. Maybe you could get glasses? Or maybe something is wrong with your screen? lol. I don't see a problem with using different fonts, and I can read them just fine.

Anyways, yes, I want a new toy, and I believe that they should make it in color. The technology is there, so why not do it? I think the English iD l's are so expensive because they are so rare - not necessarily because it cost them so much to make the thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, I really do think that Bandais last chance to make Tamagotchis popular again is with a colour screen... children LOVE vibrant, colourful screens. The love cute characters, and the characters simply can not be that cute with a B/W screen because the pixel count is way to low. There's probably just as many pixels on one colour screen Tamas characters than there is on a whole screen on a B/W. Children won't like that.

My friends children have all seen my +colors and my Connections and Vintages, guess which they like the best?

They also need to seriously revamp their advertising campaign, the Tama Go had absolutely abysmal advertising that made you wince just watching it. The characters were poorly animated, the dialog was cheesy and the whole thing screamed 'cheap'.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother HATES the Tamagotchi's I have but when I showed him a P's and a 15th Anniversary online ( because i wanted him to help me choose one) He was like, OMG COLOUR SCREEN! THATS AWESOME,! But he hates the black and white screen, Mamapatchi's right, little kids find vibrant things awesome XD

Bandai are not lazy to make a Tamagotchi in colour, partly SupahCow090 is right,

- they are scared that if they make a colour tamagotchi that won't sell either (money wasted)

- children aren't into such gadgets anymore

Toys are very popular in Japan, most companies become a success with their toys. They KNOW that a colour Tamagotchi will sell well in Japan, they KNOW that if it doesn't (unlikely) they may get a loss but they have lots more money for their companies.

Are you using an iPad? Because when I'm on an iPad 2, it converts Comic Sans into this weird loopy cursive thing. Something similar may be happening for you, because most of us are using Arial (which is very easy to read).

I'd like to see a color Tamagotchi here. This is not only because I prefer color Tamas (I'm quite fond of both b/w and color displays) but because it would sell much better. Seeing something new and high-tech is really the best way to entice kids: when I was little and wanted a Tamagotchi, the little black-and-white displays were fairly innovative.

But Bandai America really does need to change with the times. If they get a lot of business, I suppose they could try re-releasing the vintage black-and-white Tamas as part of T-L.i.f.e., but the best way to get business is by using something that truly amazes people (like very slick color Tamas).

I would love a Tama with a color screen. But I'd be perfectly willing to settle for a black and white screen. I'm not picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back