New Tamagotchi Product: What do you want?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Bandai made a Tamagotchi and it didn't sell, would you be happy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using an iPad? Because when I'm on an iPad 2, it converts Comic Sans into this weird loopy cursive thing. Something similar may be happening for you, because most of us are using Arial (which is very easy to read).
Off topic but same (exact same device!), if you're wondering why a 12 year old would have an iPad 2, its my dads. :p

I would be perfectly fine with a Tamagotchi like the Tamagotchi P's but in greyscale.

I strongly prefer if they did come out with a new tamagotchi that it would be in color. I don't mind black and white screens on my older tamas because for its time that was good. The Tamago was a miserable failure. One of my least favorites, I tried, I really did but disliked in the end. The future of tamagotchi is in color if they wish to keep the brand alive outside of Japan.

I would like it if they were in colour but I'm not majorly bothered if they are greyscale. I have been wanting to purchase a new for a while, but I have decided to wait first to see if the Life brand brings any new tamagotchi. Although I have the app, I find it to be actually quite good! The only things that would make it better would be if they could possibly make the P2 for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is with you people talking in weird fonts? Use Times New Roman for Christs sake, so nobody has to spend ten minutes deciphering one sentence.
you mean so YOU don't have to take 10 minutes reading??

as indigo tama said, you need glasses X)

6ibn06.jpg

Really, I think that if Bandai were to make a new tamagotchi it should be in black and white. Only true tama fans are going to buy a $50+ "toy". If someone had never heard of tamagotchis before and became interested in one, but then saw their price, they would most likely get discouraged. I think they could make a color one but it wouldn't sell as well as a b&w because of the huge price difference.

I know know why they were giving free TamaGO's... Because it sucked XD

In all seriousness, I don't really mind if a new one comes out and it's in color. It just can't be as bad as the V5 or Tama-Go. Eugh... those were awful. I'd also like if it had the P1 - V3 characters instead of the ugly anime(?) characters they use recently.

The TamaGo's biggest flaw was having to buy all the little figures in order to get most of the content. On top of that in order to use said content you had to have the figure plugged into the Tama to have access to it which was a pain in the butt. But I like my two TamaGos. I don't require all that additional content. All I really need in a Tama is a pet to take care of. I don't need shops and games and points and jobs and all that.

So..

The Tama-Go has a strong amount of negative reviews, due to it's "bulky" size and additional figures for more features.

The Tamagotchi P's also requires "pierces" instead of figures to add additional content.

Yes...they look the same. Although, the Tamagotchi P's has more positive reviews. Btw, by "the same" I mean "similar gameplay".

So, if the Tamagotchi P's gameplay is kinda the same as the Tama-Go, and it's successful, what's the spark that Bandai America is missing?

The features?

The colour screen?

The price?

What do you think?

I want Tamagotchi P's release in English version.. :)

My brother HATES the Tamagotchi's I have but when I showed him a P's and a 15th Anniversary online ( because i wanted him to help me choose one) He was like, OMG COLOUR SCREEN! THATS AWESOME,! But he hates the black and white screen, Mamapatchi's right, little kids find vibrant things awesome XD
Yes i also love the new Tamagotchi color. i don't like black and white because we can't play it in the dark place

Not everybody want Bandai to make a Tamagotchi, but they want them to make other things to make for the brand. What other things do you want Bandai to make for the brands? If they made a Tamagotchi or anything else like a DS Game, would it/they sell well? Share your thoughts!
I love tamagotchi and play with the original tamagotchi. But for ds and wii game i think bandai should make more interesting topic on that game. i play tamagotchi game on nintendo ds called tamagotchi corner shop,the game is cute but after a couple a hour,it's kinda boring game. I think bandai shoul make a game like Tamagotchi Adventure like.. i don't know.. maybe like Zelda,Pokemon "talking about adventure,explore thing,walk on tamagotchi world"

I know know why they were giving free TamaGO's... Because it sucked XD
is it Bandai give free Tamago tamatown? is that true? :eek:

Lots of children probably wanted to buy the Tama-Go - it looks cute and fun, and in some respects is - but their parents thought it was too expensive and wouldn't let them get it.

I'm surprised by how many people I've seen here whose parents originally said Tamas were too expensive. Think how many of them there are now - how many new Tamagotchi fans there would be if the Tama-Go was affordable!

A colour Tama with a good price would sell well. There's no point trying to make loads of profit out of a brand that's dying out anyway; first they need to concentrate on selling it at all, then they start with the overpriced stuff.
I love tamagotchi with color, i don't like tamagotchi with black and white screen because we can't play it at dark place.

The colour is not expensive to make, it's not that much more than black and white.
True fact... we can see it from the inside components,i just saw on Youtube

Really, I think that if Bandai were to make a new tamagotchi it should be in black and white. Only true tama fans are going to buy a $50+ "toy". If someone had never heard of tamagotchis before and became interested in one, but then saw their price, they would most likely get discouraged. I think they could make a color one but it wouldn't sell as well as a b&w because of the huge price difference.
^THIS

They should make a safe move first. They need to make their BEST tamagotchi. The one that's really cheap yet fun that every kid would want for their Birthday and Christmas. If it does happen, BanDai will be really successful again and the throne of the best toy will be tamagotchi again. If that happens, tamagotchi will be known worldwide as a fun toy. Now, that's when they can release a colored tamagotchi. Why? Because when they release a colored tamagotchi this time when we all know that TamaGo is one of their worst versions yet, people will be surprised why is that tamagotchi so expensive when the prior release was horrible!? Although it isn't that expensive to make a colored one, ( as you guys said ) There will still be a huge price difference. The TamaGo was sold for $10-$20 market price and some even spotted $7. That's REAL cheap.

So..

The Tama-Go has a strong amount of negative reviews, due to it's "bulky" size and additional figures for more features.

The Tamagotchi P's also requires "pierces" instead of figures to add additional content.

Yes...they look the same. Although, the Tamagotchi P's has more positive reviews. Btw, by "the same" I mean "similar gameplay".

So, if the Tamagotchi P's gameplay is kinda the same as the Tama-Go, and it's successful, what's the spark that Bandai America is missing?

The features?

The colour screen?

The price?

What do you think?
For the P's itself compared to the Tama-Go itself:

Features: THE FEATURES ON THE P'S ARE BETTER IN EVERY WAY. Shorter and more interesting games. More characters. Personality points. Puzzle Pieces (Happy Symbols). Clothes. Unlockable destinations. More remodels. The list goes on and on.

Colour screen: It's just so much more engaging and realistic than a black-and-white screen, it helps me imagine the character as a real pet.

Size/appearance: They are both big, but the P's is not empty space. The Tama-Go is. However, I can think of a negative thing to say about the P's, and that is the girly design. If I was a boy, I'd choose the Tama-Go design regardless of the size.

Price: The P's price is an issue but I'm willing to pay. It's worth twice what the Tama-Go is worth.

For the P's pierces compared to Tama-Go figures:

Features: I love the features on the pierces. The games are really fun and are not copies of ones from previous versions. And as for the option of getting extra characters, that's just way better than the Tama-Go figures. The items, foods and games are more relevant to the name and design of the pierce. Also, it gives you new icons and remodels, which the Tama-Go figures don't give you!

Size/appearance: The pierces are just so much prettier and more original than the Tama-Go figures, are relevant to the games and characters they give you, and are smaller. They even fit into the design and colours of the P's!

Price: Pierces are $6. Figures are $10. And the pierces give you more features anyway!

What about they release a colour tamagotchi AND a cheap black and white one because only serious fans will spend 50 bucks

What about they release a colour tamagotchi AND a cheap black and white one because only serious fans will spend 50 bucks
Even though I agree with you and I'm pretty sure most of the Tama fans would love that, It's really unlikely to happen. Why? Because they don't have money anymore. the TamaGo was a failure and we all know that, so they can only make one version.

Actually, I don't think they are running out of money. Remember, Tamagotchi is only one product out of their whole batch of products. They've even changed their website and there's no site of Tamagotchi anywhere on there (anymore). I think they just think Tamagotchi has worn out now.

Tamagotchi is worn out but those crappy Power Rangers toys have been chugging along for decades now. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where Tamagotchi is considered worn out by it's own manufacturer yet Power Rangers, a property they don't even own, is still being produced. Action figures are a dime a dozen. Tamagotchi was unique. Bandai America is foolish to give up on them. There's still so much untapped potential there.

I honestly don't care. I just want a Tamaproduct. I don't care if it's grayscale or colored, I don't care if it's an app, I just want the tams back.

And I agree, Power Rangers is crap. Also, it only panders to boys. Tamagotchi has creatures that attract both boys and girls. It's a lot like Pokémon when it comes to character designs; make some for boys, make some for girls, make some for both and we'll all be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back