Photo
- - - - -

Would you rather be deaf or blind?

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Insert Poll Title here (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you rather be deaf or blind?

1. Deaf (25 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Blind (5 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

sarah8

• sarah8 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:04 PM ( #21 )

I'd prefer to go deaf since sight is my most used sense ever, literally everything I do is base around sight, yet if I go deaf I would miss music so much. At least I can use sign language to communicate with people if I become deaf. Just imagine what it would be like being deaf and blind though.

Soenattchi

• soenattchi user photo

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:30 PM ( #22 )

I'd prefer to go deaf, honestly, because of many reasons. When you're deaf you can communicate with sign language or by even writing notes if need be. You can still use the internet, exchange emails, instant messages, watch videos, play games, it's easier to make your way around and take care of yourself. It's easier to work in a regular environment... And for me, most importantly, you can still paint and draw and sketch and all this goodness. xD;

Pango

• pango user photo

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:01 PM ( #23 )

Neither because both of them are bad.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:27 PM ( #24 )

I'm already going deaf and blind. My almost-deafness makes me sad, because not so long time ago I had such sharp hearing... Sigh... Only good thing about my broken body...

Still, I'd rather to go deaf propably. Music doesn't matter that much to me. I don't like to talk to people (typing is enough). And deafness is often even not considered a disability- deaf people have their own culture, and I think that's amazing. I wouldn't learn sign language though.

amarie

• amarie user photo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:51 PM ( #25 )

I think I would choose to be deaf. I'd die if I couldn't read and write.....

Also, if you travel, and you're blind, and you're on a tour or something of the scenery in that place, you can't see it. Which sucks.

But I'd miss listening to music...