Would you rather be deaf or blind?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you rather be deaf or blind?

• Deaf

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • Blind

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer to go deaf since sight is my most used sense ever, literally everything I do is base around sight, yet if I go deaf I would miss music so much. At least I can use sign language to communicate with people if I become deaf. Just imagine what it would be like being deaf and blind though.

I'd prefer to go deaf, honestly, because of many reasons. When you're deaf you can communicate with sign language or by even writing notes if need be. You can still use the internet, exchange emails, instant messages, watch videos, play games, it's easier to make your way around and take care of yourself. It's easier to work in a regular environment... And for me, most importantly, you can still paint and draw and sketch and all this goodness. xD;

I'm already going deaf and blind. My almost-deafness makes me sad, because not so long time ago I had such sharp hearing... Sigh... Only good thing about my broken body...

Still, I'd rather to go deaf propably. Music doesn't matter that much to me. I don't like to talk to people (typing is enough). And deafness is often even not considered a disability- deaf people have their own culture, and I think that's amazing. I wouldn't learn sign language though.

I think I would choose to be deaf. I'd die if I couldn't read and write.....

Also, if you travel, and you're blind, and you're on a tour or something of the scenery in that place, you can't see it. Which sucks.

But I'd miss listening to music...

I'd have to say deaf, I even know basic ASL. Unfortunately, that would make communication between my best friend and I difficult because she is visually impaired.

Deaf, but I'm thankful that I'm neither deaf or blind. And I'd probably get upset if I went deaf one day, so I'd rather not be blind/deaf..Besides, a deaf/blind person would probably want to hear/see more than to be blind/deaf..Wouldn't you agree?

Deaf, besides, my headphones break all the dang time

Good thing TamaTalk saved me from a profanity ban, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure ovo;;;

My life relies on Steven universe music ;o;

And i want to see the worl d00d

But if i ever go blind and somehow use echo location for some stupid reason

or somehow live with not being able to hear Steven husbano music

maybe deaf

Both. At least I'm still alive, which matters the most to me. (right now)

I picked blind because I am closer to being blind to being deaf.

Deaf,because I need to see cute things, my life is not complete without the cute.

If you're born missing a sense, you can't quite imagine what you're missing, so in a way the sense doesn't exist to you (except insofar as you're told you're missing that sense).

To me, that's really interesting. That means if there are any senses we don't have, we can't fathom the things we're missing right now.

But since we watch blind people (for instance) find fulfillment in their lives, it's also encouraging. It shows that as diverse or lacking our senses are, it doesn't make that much difference.

I wouldn't be able to ride my horse if I was blind, and I'm already half deaf in one ear, so definitely going to go with deaf on this one haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back