Ppl are scared by Furbies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamaguy#1

Reaction score
I have seen ppl around here saying "Furbies scare me" and "They are creepy". I don't own an Furby myself, I'm just wondering, what makes them so creepy? Why do so many ppl say they hid theirs away long ago? Are you just joking around? Or are they REALLY scary?! :angry:

-Tamaguy#1 :angry:

I think the idea that Furby is scary comes from the fact that the light sensor on the old ones (I don't know if the new ones have a light sensor) causes the Furby to talk at night time. A car passing by the window would reflect light from the moon or a streetlight and the Furby would naturally believe that it was daytime and begin to speak. One of my friends came up with a good idea- put the old Furbies with a light sensor in a bureau or closet to prevent it from falling to this issue.

I think its creepy that there eyes open and close. One time it was in my sis's room and it started talking all weird and its eyes were closed so i think that im gonna get rid of it :D

I think the idea that Furby is scary comes from the fact that the light sensor on the old ones (I don't know if the new ones have a light sensor) causes the Furby to talk at night time. A car passing by the window would reflect light from the moon or a streetlight and the Furby would naturally believe that it was daytime and begin to speak. One of my friends came up with a good idea- put the old Furbies with a light sensor in a bureau or closet to prevent it from falling to this issue.
That's why? That is kinda creepy.

-Tamaguy#1 :D

Trust me they are kinda creepy especialy the new ones they creep me out on the comercials im not gonna get one of those thats for sure

i don't know about other people but i think they are seriously cool!

Regards

Fooet

I hate furbys: I hate it when there eyes open close, piece of junk anyway! :D , It would be stupid enough as a present.[/color]

I don't know how Furby scares anyone... Considering it is made for children. (No offence.)

The 2005 Furby looks a little bit like a gremlin. It was at the foot of my bet one time, I was sleeping, and looked up! I thought it was very creepy. Infact, I didn't exactly keep the batteries on since that! :eek:

Furbies are good critters, if you're scared from him don't post this message here, but in a anti-furby board. Don't forget Furby is he 1st animatronic pet in the world, and for many way different from tama and all the interactive pets like this. Tama is a good companion and i love it, but you don't TICKLE them or PET (ot TALK to) like a REAL pet. You could do it with Furby's! :wacko: Furby's aren' GREMLINS (but if you see the movie, they seems like GIZMO, the good ones of the MOGWAY, not gremlins). Please stop with this stupid topics, and if you don't like furbys simply go away in a different board, or simply post to your favourite TamaTalk-Room. I think it's a form of respect for alla of us at TamaTalk! :wacko:

Furbies are good critters, if you're scared from him don't post this message here, but in a anti-furby board. Don't forget Furby is he 1st animatronic pet in the world, and for many way different from tama and all the interactive pets like this. Tama is a good companion and i love it, but you don't TICKLE them or PET (ot TALK to) like a REAL pet. You could do it with Furby's! :unsure: Furby's aren' GREMLINS (but if you see the movie, they seems like GIZMO, the good ones of the MOGWAY, not gremlins). Please stop with this stupid topics, and if you don't like furbys simply go away in a different board, or simply post to your favourite TamaTalk-Room. I think it's a form of respect for alla of us at TamaTalk! :mimitchi:
I didn't say I was afraid of him and I didn't say I didn't like 'em! :ph34r: My sis has one and I think it's cool. I just have heard some ppl saying he scares them and I was just wondering why?!?!? I think Furby is kinda cool really.

You shouldn't assume things about ppl like that. <_<

P.S. This topic isn't stupid. I was simply asking a question. :)

No offence to anyone who likes Furby intended, Thank You... :mimitchi:

-Tamaguy#1 :mametchi:

Furbys, I use to find them just, plain. Weird. I have nothing against them, though. I just thaught of how the eyes looked- :furawatchi: , and what they do.

^ t/t

Once I had a Furby. Every time you walked by it would talk. Once I put under a bed and it still went off so creepy. When I went back home 'cause I was at my cousin's I took the battires out and ran away lol. :furawatchi: :lol: :angry: :angry:

Good luck,

Bunnygirl

Furbies are good critters, if you're scared from him don't post this message here, but in a anti-furby board. Don't forget Furby is he 1st animatronic pet in the world, and for many way different from tama and all the interactive pets like this. Tama is a good companion and i love it, but you don't TICKLE them or PET (ot TALK to) like a REAL pet. You could do it with Furby's! :D Furby's aren' GREMLINS (but if you see the movie, they seems like GIZMO, the good ones of the MOGWAY, not gremlins). Please stop with this stupid topics, and if you don't like furbys simply go away in a different board, or simply post to your favourite TamaTalk-Room. I think it's a form of respect for alla of us at TamaTalk! ;)
Also black candy, you are right about not being able to tickle or pet a Tamagotchi, but you CAN, however, talk to them. :)

But PLEASE dont' assume things about ppl like you did to me! :ph34r: I DO like Furby. I don't have one but I think he's cool. All I was doing was asking why in the world some ppl are scared of Furby.

If what I said offended you, I'm sorry. :( I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. :p

-Tamaguy#1 :p

I dont see how furby could scare people

-hugs furby-

They dont scare me, i think they're cool

I think the reason why they come across to some people as "creepy" is because the thought of anything robotic or mechanical moving and speaking of it's own accord could be somewhat scary to some people, especially with the Furby's toneless voice and large, staring eyes!

I've always thought they were quite cute, though. Unfortunately mine malfunctioned a while back and kept repeating "Me, hungr...me, me, me hungry...hung, hung, me hung, me, me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back