Ppl are scared by Furbies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
um i think its because some of the older firbys have a glitch in them that picks up radio tv and phone frequencies.Sometimes,if they are next to tvs they might pick up a few phrases...i dono if its true or not though.just what i've heard :mellow:

but search orignal firby pictures on yahoo! or bing and you'll see why.the 2005 firby pics are kinda creepy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm.

Furbies can be frightening if they start speaking in the middle of the night. If you heard a little, robotic voice ask, "Who's there?" in the middle of the night while you're trying to sleep, it's pretty unnerving. Trust me, I know from personal experience.

I suppose people are frightened by its eyes. Who wouldn't be frightened? Having those giant eyes blinking up and down with robotic whirring noises while staring blankly at you probably reminds people of a living killer doll or something. I dunno.

Asides from the creepy voice and appearance issue, Furbies are actually quite fun to play with. Try sticking one next to a TV. It'll pick up interesting phrases and respond in an equally interesting manner.

Sometimes,if they are next to tvs they might pick up a few phrases...i dono if its true or not though.just what i've heard :mellow:
No, they don't. That is misinformation.

Original Furbys don't even understand what they "hear". Only the volume of the sound.

Emototronic Furbys only understand the limited number of voice commands they are programmed to respond to. They can't understand anything else.

Above everything, all Furbys can only say phrases that they are programmed to speak. They cannot "pick up phrases" or literally learn to say words. They are programmed to slowly speak more English as they are played with, but they cannot say anything that they are not programmed to speak.

I don't think they are weird or creepy but I could ee why some people would. They are kind of a strange looking vreatur but I dont't mind them I think r=they're cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back