▓▒░My b-day is coming up and I want to know what tama i should get░▒▓

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In north america (and if you're lucky <_< ) you'll find only tama gos around.

You can buy pretty much any version on eBay and possibly amazon.

Are you interested in any of the colour versions?

If you really want a tama, you'll probably need to buy one off eBay, Amazon, or any other place online because all the really good ones are in Japanese. :angry:

And yes, there is a color verion. :kuribotchi: In fact, there are many. Here are them all:

TMGC+C

iD

iD L

iD L 15th Anniversary

iD L Lovely Melody

Haxagontchi

Princess Spacy iD L

If you have ever played with a tama before, which I assume you have, you should be able to understand them, even though they are in Japanese. They are usually prices somewhere from $60 to $100, without shipping. Shipping from Japan is usually about 12 dollars. So, if you got it for the same price as I did ($75 for iD L) and you add on the shipping ($12) it should be about $87 total. I'm warning you though, they have many complex features like TaMaToMo, flowers, and more! I personally think you should get a simpler tama.(No offense.)

If you're into music, perhaps you should get the Tamagotchi Music Fever, a Japanese tamagotchi which also functions as an MP3 player. If you're not all that tech savvy, I would not suggest it. If you think of tamas as more of an accessory than a toy, perhaps you should consider getting the Tamago Chu? (No, not the tamago. The TamaGo CHU) It's a cute pair of tamas with adorable animations.

Or perhaps you would like a unique version that has a website to go with it? In that case, I would suggest the UraTama. If I remember correctly "Ura" means "oppisite". I think it supposed to be the oppisite of a regular tama. It has blue pixels. Cool, right?

All the tamas I have listed above are Japanese. If you think you like one, do some research on it first, because shipping a tama from Japan is much more costly then buying it at Walmart, lol. Good luck deciding, have fun with your new tamagotchi! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
^ i think the iD L is going to be of high interest to you. ;) as Tinkalila said, there are many, many features. also, before you get an iD L, invest in a phone with IR so you can get downloads. (really. do it. i'm speaking from experience, and i'm trying to convince my parents to get me a treo right now. no luck. :( )

i don't know if you want to show your parents or not, but THIS might be one you'd like, since it has almost exactly the same characters from the iD L. this seller has free shipping with their tamas, so i suggest getting it from them (if you do get an iD L, i mean.) my iD L arrived exactly two weeks after it was ordered from this seller, so it wasn't too long.

enjoy researching for a new tama and always keep an eye out for good deals!

I recommend ID L. But it may be a little hard to use since it's in japanese. Just a heads up. :)

^ i think the iD L is going to be of high interest to you. ;) as Tinkalila said, there are many, many features. also, before you get an iD L, invest in a phone with IR so you can get downloads. (really. do it. i'm speaking from experience, and i'm trying to convince my parents to get me a treo right now. no luck. :( )

i don't know if you want to show your parents or not, but THIS might be one you'd like, since it has almost exactly the same characters from the iD L. this seller has free shipping with their tamas, so i suggest getting it from them (if you do get an iD L, i mean.) my iD L arrived exactly two weeks after it was ordered from this seller, so it wasn't too long.

enjoy researching for a new tama and always keep an eye out for good deals!
i heard you can also use an infrared usb accessory on your computer.

that might be cheaper than getting a phone. :)

i heard you can also use an infrared usb accessory on your computer.

that might be cheaper than getting a phone. :)
a lot of people have had trouble with it. it's hard to get it to work. a phone is probably the better bet, and it saves you stress and a bit of money. also, if you look carefully, some are really cheap.

I actually got a treo on ebay for less than the usb adapters are for my computer. (Mac)

It was 15$ free shipping and came w a sync cable.

I actually got a treo on ebay for less than the usb adapters are for my computer. (Mac)

It was 15$ free shipping and came w a sync cable.
Sorry my questions a bit off topic but i think a useful question either way. Do u use or need the sync cable to get the downloads? Im needing to buy a palm treo for the downloads as well, and didnt know if it was needed for sure.
**But on the topic, definitally get the ID L or ID L 15th anniversary if you want to splurge a little. I got a good deal for $55 on ebay, just keep a look out for deals. I see them ALL the time. Its WELL worth it, and much simpler than most tamas i think! But do look into getting a palm treo or infrared phone to get the 100's of downloads for it, (like im trying to do) or the ID L gets kind of repetitive.

I recommend ID L. But it may be a little hard to use since it's in japanese. Just a heads up. :)
It's actually not hard to use because of the Japanese.

iD L = Happy Items needed to finish, happy items posted on Tama-Zone. 32 characters (adult) on this version.

iD = TamaTomo symbols needed, 11 characters on this version. Very rare to find.

iD Lovely Melody Ver. = Same with iD, better items, not all iD downloads work with this version. Uwasatchi replaced by Melodytchi. Extremely rare to find.

+Color = Easy to use, just like a normal Tamagotchi, does not have downloads, pretty rare to find nowdays.

Hexagon +Color = Medium, Japanese needed to know how to play because this is a Quiz game. You will need to answer the questions or else you will not get any Hexagon letters. Very rare, pops up on eBay sometimes.

Sorry my questions a bit off topic but i think a useful question either way. Do u use or need the sync cable to get the downloads? Im needing to buy a palm treo for the downloads as well, and didnt know if it was needed for sure.

**But on the topic, definitally get the ID L or ID L 15th anniversary if you want to splurge a little. I got a good deal for $55 on ebay, just keep a look out for deals. I see them ALL the time. Its WELL worth it, and much simpler than most tamas i think! But do look into getting a palm treo or infrared phone to get the 100's of downloads for it, (like im trying to do) or the ID L gets kind of repetitive.
You don't NEED a sync cable, an SD card works as well. I think you just have to save the downloads on the computer, plug the SD card in, and drag the files over to it.

Yes it's fun at first, but AFTER A WHILE it gets repetitive without the downloads because everything is the same. Two food-seed packets, two games, 15 clothes and accessories, 10 toys, ect. It's certainly fine for a while.

Yes it's fun at first, but AFTER A WHILE it gets repetitive without the downloads because everything is the same. Two food-seed packets, two games, 15 clothes and accessories, 10 toys, ect. It's certainly fine for a while.
Yep. After a while, you get to the point when you're wishing that an IR phone will drop out of the sky. :p

it is not difficult to use at all. a lot of us here on TT don't know even a word of japanese and are helping others with their iD L questions. it's just trial and error, although googling some guides will help a lot.

downloads are new items, foods, clothing, wallpapers, seeds and other things that you beam onto your iD L using IR. (infra red) i highly recommend investing in a device with IR BEFORE you get your iD L, because believe me, even though it's very fun and you could get by without downloads, it's just a little extra to spice up your iD L and make it a bit more fun. the files are free, (and virus free) and tama-id-l.com releases a few new ones every week. some download items are necessary in getting certain henshin jo characters, such as majokko furawa (violetchi's alter ego) and patchzaurusu (kuchipatchi's alter ego). i suggest using an SD card (NOT an SDHC card. i repeat, NOT an SDHC card. if you are getting one, check to make sureit says SD and not SDHC. if you see HC anywhere, DO NOT BUY IT, unless you are using a Palm Treo 680.) with a palm as that is very popular and easy to use, but there are a lot of IR devices HERE that you can use as well. palms are easier to find and much cheaper. just make sure the palm you have your eye on has an SD card slot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back