1st book of a series

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barky

Reaction score
I dunno what to call it, so read it and make a suggestion.

And this is terrible. If you look on Missbehave's topic What books annoy you most? you will see that this is a type of book that annoys me... I just had an inspiration to write it!!

[SIZE=21pt]Chapter One[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] Heather giggled furiously while Ellie rocked back and forth with laughter. Sometimes I think they overact, but my opinion is not always the truth. Jokes about baby apes' beds aren't that funny, are they? [/SIZE]

I guess they liked it. Oh well! Friends are friends. And they are different people in themselves. I dunno if that makes sense. Oh well again!

“You're so funny, Natasha!” Heather said admiringly.

“Yeah, you really are,” Ellie agreed.

Ha! Funny? Me? Never. Never ever. But as I was about to say this, Heather's stomach rumbled loudly, and her face went as red as a rose. I just laughed and said, “Your face!”

Ellie caught on and giggled softly too.

“Are you two hungry? Just say, 'cause there's, like, a whole feast downstairs!” I said, and smiled. I got up, and automatically Ellie and Heather followed.

Downstairs, I really did have a feast for us. A midnight feast! I set everything up on the kitchen table, very creatively and imaginatively, and then I exclaimed, “Tuck in!”

Both of them hesitated.

“All right, I guess you'll have to watch me eat!” I picked up a strawberry and dipped it in the melted Galaxy chocolate. As I put it in my mouth, I go, “Mmmm, yum,” and slowly bite into it. All this lovely chocolately taste spreads over my mouth and I smile. Mum had cut off all the tops of the strawberries, so you can just pop it in your mouth. But I bite about half, then eat the rest.

Heather dived her hand into a glass bowl full of marshmallows.

“I wish my mum was this nice,” Ellie sighed, dipping her finger in one of the smaller bowls of melted Galaxy dotted over the table.

“It... took a while to persuade her, but, here we are! She said she'd only make a few titbits, but then got right into it.”

It's hard for me. I have two best friends that are really great pals, but they're not... well... it's mean to say it like this, but they're not like me. I mean, I'm slim and pretty and not at all modest sometimes, like now. Ellie and Heather are, well, fat. They're not cool or popular. They don't get invited to nearly as many parties as I do. It's seriously hard to keep this friendship when you have everyone in the whole class and out of class wanting to be your friend. I suppose I've sort of made Heather and Ellie noticeable, since they hang around me, and I sometimes get crowds of people shouting and pushing and trying to get to me that will see Heather and Ellie. But all the people getting at me say to them things like, “Shove off,” and, “Go away, leave Nats alone.”.

People just don't get it. Even though Mum's quite rich and we've got this big house and stuff, they don't understand that Heather and Ellie are my friends.

But then, Ellie and Heather are totally different compared to me. I've got really nice golden layered hair, and loads of different clothes styles. They wear dull things all the time, and their school uniforms are crisp and clean and neat and tidy. I never do my tie up properly. Ellie and Heather do. I suppose their mums get together once in a while and have a good old natter about this and that, how Neil Rhinestone should have won Dancing: Legally because he was so good looking, and the way Miss Duncan (my P.E teacher) wears her skirt so high should be illegal, how well their daughters are doing in school, scowling and frowning at boys that hang around the shops with their trousers half-way down their legs. Mum only hangs out with famous, ex-famous, semi-famous and very good childhood friends. She doesn't like to make friends with new people, or should I say normal people. She's not snobbish or anything, she's really nice to all my friends, but she just... doesn't really like people that don't have loads of money. She talks to some kids' mothers' at my school, of course, like Ellie's mum Louise and Heather's mum Kelly.

“Nats, I really, really love cheese and pineapple! Ooh, it's soo yummy,” Ellie cried delightedly. I smiled to myself. At least their enjoying it, I though, until I noticed Heather sitting on one of our stools (the ones with a really long leg, that swivel around. Our kitchen is so funky, and modern), with a disgusted look on her face.

“What's wrong, Heather?” I said.

“I'm supposed to be on a diet. I just remembered,” she replied.

“Nonsense! You don't need to go on a diet! You're as light as a feather!” I had to say that, didn't I? Oh well, she's my friend. A little white lie doesn't do anything, right? “Look, Feather Heather!”

“Oh, don't Natasha,” Heather looked sick. “You know I'm fat.”

“Rubbish,” piped up Ellie. “Who said you were?”

“My mum's going a diet. A really big one. Wants to lose a lot before next year's Dancing: Legally competition. She's taken up dancing as well. Not too bad, to be honest. Much better than I would be.

“Anyway, I asked if I could go on a diet with her, and she said I could lose a few pounds, that I have puppy fat, that's all. So I didn't argue, even though I know and she knows that I'm fat. Fat, fat, fat.”

“Feather Heather!” I said, sympathetically. “If you want, I'll go on a diet as well.”

“No. You're like a twig.”

“I'm insulted!” I said.

“I was joking. But if you go on the diet I'm going on, you'll starve to death,” Heather insisted.

“Fine. But what about all this food? What should me and Ellie do with it? We can't just eat it in front of you, and I don't want it to waste.”

“Eat it. I'm too tired, anyway,” Heather stifled a very fake yawn. “Maybe bring some stuff upstairs if you're allowed. You can eat while I sleep.”

So, while Heather 'slept' (with very loud, deep breaths), me and Ellie ate to our hearts desire. Melted chocolate, strawberries, cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks, mini sausages, Twixes and Mars bars and Flakes, Celebrations and Quality Streets, and loads of other stuff.

Eventually, Heather's breathing fell into a sort of purr, and Ellie decided to go to sleep. I sat, eating, and thinking.

Maybe I could start writing a book. A book on how to deal with fat friends. I mean, I could earn a fortune. I wouldn't use the word fat once in the book. The title could be Fat Friends: How To Understand/Deal With Them. The first sentence: Do you have a friend that is perhaps a bit large? Needs to lose a few pounds, or has a total eating problem?

Or I could enter a dancing competition. Nah, they'd probably make me do classic dance. I'm into modern at the mo'...

Maybe I should just worry about the present right now. Loads of people worry about what's going to come, but not what's happening, and lose people valuable to them. That's what Mum says. I'm gonna take Mum's advice for now.

After Ellie had left, Louise showed up to collect Heather. She didn't want to stay too long, but ended up staying for three hours. I'm not being rude or anything to Louise, but her laugh is like a foghorn! It's like, 'Hawww. Hawww.' I find it funny, so while Heather's going on about her diet, I sit giggling to myself. We were sitting in the dining room, and Louise and Mum were in the kitchen. Mum had left all the strawberries and pineapple and all the healthy stuff from last night, for Ellie and Heather's mums' to snack a bit on.

After I started going into a sort of silent giggling fit, Heather stands up really quickly. Her chair falls over, and it was sort of like in a film.

“You find it funny, do you?” Heather said. She was breathing really quickly. “You think that because you're so slim and stuff, it's funny? Listen, Misses, there are two reasons I'm going on this stupid diet. One; because my mum is and I want to give her some support. Two is because I'm jealous of you. I want a nice figure, I'm so big and bulky.”

“Well, that's technically three,” I said. I swear I didn't do that on purpose. I kinda forgot my large bud was shouting at me, practically crying.

“This friendship is over, Natasha Smith,” she replied. She was crying now, silent tears falling down her face. “Ha, look at that. I don't even know your middle name! I can't believe you never told me, after eight years of knowing each other.”

Then she stormed off into the kitchen. Mum stopped talking abruptly as soon as I entered the room.

“Nats, go to your room. I'll talk to you later,” she said sternly.

When I was walking out, I heard Mum say,

“Yes, Louise I will punish her. I know what your going through. I do, I went through a stage when I just ate and ate and ate. At the end of the year, I was so large it was a struggle for me to walk round the block. I went right on to dieting the next year, nothing after five o' clock, only an fruit and vegetables to eat. I did, of course, have meats and breads.”

I smiled. Mum had never been fat. Maybe she was a bit overweight at one stage in her life, but never big enough for her not to walk the block. She went jogging every morning from when she left secondary school. How could she have been that fat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol thanks xD

In no way am I being offensive to... you know, large people, at ALL!!!

Here's the rest of the chapter!!

I joined the running team last week at school. I never knew I had it in me!

I went for a little jog, because apparently jogging is good when your stressed, or something like that. This was, of course, after Mum had had a serious chat with me, and then made me stay in my room for an hour because I hadn't really been listening. When I came out, Mum kinda ignored me. I asked her if I could go out, and I also asked if I could have something to eat. She said, “Yes.”

So, I walked outside (after putting two or three layers of clothing on nearly every part of my body. It was cold!) with my packet of mini biscuits, and decided to go down this really sweet little footpath that always has squirrels and birds in the arched trees. At the benowginning of the path, I started running. Unfortunately, my Miss Duncan's house is opposite the path. She was outside, gardening or showing off her legs to this nice guy walking past. I know the guy, he childmind's me for Mum sometimes. His name's Ian Langley. He's really kind, and lets me stay up later than my usual bedtime is (ten o' clock, on the dot). But he has a girlfriend, even if she's really mean. Yes, she's really, really pretty. Yes, she does everything he would like her to. But she is soo mean. I don't understand why he likes her. I mean, people shouldn't choose lovers just because of their looks, right? But then again, she's probably really nice to him. I would if I had a boyfriend.

Anyway, there I was running past Miss Duncan and her short skirt, when she looks up. She turned her head my way. She had been talking to Ian, and he was gesturing towards me.

“Natasha?” Miss Duncan called.

I skidded to a halt. I had to, didn't I? If a teacher calls, wouldn't you stop and listen?

“Natasha, come over here,” Miss Duncan smiled her dazzling smile. I walked slowly to her garden gate. “Just open it, dear.”

So I opened it, walked cooly over to Miss Duncan and Ian, and smiled. It was the only thing I could think of.

“Hi, Ian,” I said. Miss Duncan eyed me with a look that said, “How do you know him?”. “Good afternoon, Miss Duncan.”

“Hello, Natasha,” she said in her sugary voice. Not sugary in a bad way, Miss Duncan is really, really nice and really, really hot. “I saw you running there. You've got quite a good stride, love.”

I didn't know what to say. I admit, I thought she was calling me over to say I wasn't meeting her P.E standards.

“Thanks,” I replied.

“You've got nice long legs, as well,” Miss Duncan added.

Now I really didn't know what to say. I think I mumbled, “Thanks,” again. I hope I didn't do anything more embarrassing than that. I mean, Ian was standing there looking at me to Miss Duncan.

“Would you like to join the running team at school, Natasha? It could really use some runners like you.”

I said I'll see if it's okay with my mum, then goodbye, then left. As I did, I heard Miss Duncan ask Ian for his mobile number.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty good. A little rambly, though. Something interesting that I just realised: most main characters are the dorks, weirdos, whatever, but this one's not. That's good, it's different. I like different. You should keep it going!

>...Misbeehave...< ya that was funny.

Lol yeah I made the main character a gorgeous person, and she gets into all these tight spots 'cause of her friends...

[SIZE=15pt]Chapter Two[/SIZE]

When I got home, Mum was busying herself by making dinner.

“Mmmm, what's that smell?” I asked. Mum half hummed to herself, but I know she heard me.

“Mum, what did I do? It's not my fault, I wasn't listening to Heather, I was thinking about something else. What I was thinking about was funny, I laughed, and Heather got the wrong idea about it. Then when you were talking to me, I was just... not there,” I practically shouted that.

“Over the rainbow,” Mum said suddenly. It was an old phrase we used to say to each other, when we weren't listening, or when we were in our own world. She quickly tried to cover it with a cough, but I knew she was going to talk.

“Yeah, I was way over the rainbow.”

You know, Mum actually smiled a big smile for some reason. I looked around to see if Vicky was in the kitchen doorway, or Penelope. (Vicky and Penelope are famous models.) Obliviously, though, they weren't, otherwise Mum would have quickly rush upstairs and put make-up on and decent clothes (right now she was wearing a long white shirt and short black shorts).

“What?” I said.

“I just remembered...” she said, slightly dazed.

“What?”

“Don't worry...”

“Okay... I'm going upstairs,” I sighed.

Mum sort of nodded and I dragged myself out the kitchen and up the stairs. She can be so immature sometimes.

When I got into my room (which is really, really big. It's so colourful, as well, I arranged it so that the room is divided, really, in the colours of the rainbow. It looks stupid sometimes, a bit child-ish, but other times I love it and think to myself how lucky I am. People like Heather and Ellie's room are dull, boring and neat), I made straight for my bed (double bed), flicked my shoes off and reached for my phone on my bedside cabinet.

The message icon was flashing. I had four messages.

The first one said,

hey u free on sat

It was from a girl in my class called Kate. She's actually rather annoying. I decided not to reply. Anyway, it was Sunday today so it wouldn't matter if I did.

I couldn't be bothered to read the rest. Instead, I went for a long, hot shower. Really, instead of running, I should have showered. It's a lot better. I washed my hair twice.

When I got out, I blow-dried my hair for a bit then straightened it. By the time I'd done all this, Mum was calling me down for supper.

We don't need a dining room table. After all, it's just Mum and me. We have six swively chairs, enough for when friends come round. She was eating already.

“Spaghetti bolognese,” Mum said before I asked. I love Mum's spaghetti.

“Cool.”

I sat down, picked up my fork and started twisting the noodles round my fork.

“Ah!” Mum cried suddenly. I jumped out of my skin. Literally.

“What?!” I replied, looking around for a giant spider or something.

“Have you washed your hands, Natasha?”

“I showered. Then blowed my hair. Then straightened,” I swear I could have killed her. She scared me half to death!

“Go and wash them, immediately!”

“I'm not even gonna touch the food.”

There's a bit of chapter two, then.

[SIZE=10pt]I huffed and puffed as I dragged my feet to the bathroom downstairs. It's the size of a small bedroom. There's a shower in there. The sink has fancy gold handles (not real gold, of course); so has the toilet and the door handle. When I was little, I loved it in here. I would come and sit on the loo with the seat down, and draw on my little notepad. I loved drawing then. I'm still quite good. Well, actually, the art teacher (Mrs Stewart), is always ranting on about – and at – me. She says I should join her art class after school on Tuesdays. I really want to join. Mum says I should. I don't know why I won't. [/SIZE]

“It's good to wash your hands well, but it doesn't take that long! Your food has gone all mushy!” called Mum. Her food couldn't go mushy. She's a fab cook. Oh yes, me and Mum are the all-rounders in our family. Mum's mum and dad died when she was sixteen, and she started minor modelling. She stayed with a friend: all her other family were dead, except for her aunt, who was a drunk and positively strange.

Dad... well, he was an odd man. He split up with Mum, three whole times, and got married to her again twice. When they split up for the last time, he got himself a girlfriend. Then they got married and had a baby boy and settled down. Unfortunately, he landed the whole happy little family in a sticky situation. (Meaning he was cheating on two other women.) “He was never very loyal,” Mum would tell me. “I cried when we split up. Every time. I was afraid, while we were together, that he was off with other women. He would come back to me. He was greedy, and loved his money. Yes, he was handsome, very, but most other women he was seeing fell for him because of his money. My money, should I say.”

I'm still very cross with him. And his many ex-girlfriends and girlfriends. How could they still be together if he told them he was married? Some people are so reckless, the only want money in their life.

I don't see him anymore. I wouldn't let him near me if he ever stopped by. What a jerk!!

I shuffled back to Mum and my food. When I put the noodles in my mouth, I realised how hungry I was, so I scoffed the stuff down quickly.

“Slow down, hon, there's plenty more if you want,” Mum said.

“I'm hungry.”

Latest posts

Back