2012 tama

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dane455

Reaction score
so i emailed bandai asking if they are making new tamas well they are but said they cant give me info

oh gosh hope its not a tamago v2 though

so what do u think or hope it will be???

Well I've heard people talking about the Tama Z, which may or may not be in color.

It should be coming out soon, right?

I don't know. I hope it will at least have color but without breaking the bank. And a TamaGo v2 wouldn't be too bad though, I guess. Just as long as they made it better than the first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided not to get a TamaGo because from the pics I've seen they don't seem as sturdy as previous models. I'm hoping they go in a different direction than TamaGo. Color would be nice.

I've decided not to get a TamaGo because from the pics I've seen they don't seem as sturdy as previous models. I'm hoping they go in a different direction than TamaGo. Color would be nice.
Honestly, if I had the iD I wouldn't have gotten the TamaGo. I hear they have basically the same game play and graphics (of course one is in color, and the other requires separately sold pieces to receive the full gaming experience).

I hope they make a small as Angelgotchi, convenient, colour, school-sneakable, CHEAP, lots of designs and fun Tama! What I DO want:

1. COLOUR!

2. LOW PRICE!

3. SCHOOL-SNEAKABLE SIZE!

4. Lots of fun games

5. Lots of cool designs

6. More Deoratchi kits and other accessories

7. Sold in NZ shops

What I DON'T want:

1. TAMA-GO V2!

2. BORING, VINTAGE-LIKE TAMA

3. EXPENSIVE, JAPAN-ONLY TAMA!

4. Tama that's hard to get

5. Large Tama

6. Non-colour Tama

7. Tama that's really needy (needier than the Tama-Go I cannot cope with!)

*takes care of needy Tama-Go*

They may not even make a 2012 one. They haven`t made a Tama for 2011 yet, have they?

Well, if they ARE making a new tama for next year I hope it is like the old ones, not like the tamago.

They may not even make a 2012 one. They haven`t made a Tama for 2011 yet, have they?

Well, if they ARE making a new tama for next year I hope it is like the old ones, not like the tamago.
They may make new tamas every other year. I just got back into v-pets so I don't really know the release pattern of the tamagotchis (if there is one).

I know with Pokemon they will release two new games one year (sapphire and ruby), then one game that is an updated from the first two (emerald) the next year, then they'll re-release an updated version of of older games (fire red and leafy green) the next year (or year after that), AND THEN they'll start all over with a new generation of Pokemon games (diamond and pearl) the next year. And so on and so forth until somehow we end up with over 600 Pokemon.

But that's just the selling pattern I'v noticed with Pokemon. I have no idea if Tamagotchis have any sort of selling pattern. They probably do in Japan (since the Japanese have more variety of tamagotchis than we do).

We just have to face the facts. The new tamagotchi is very very probably going to be in black and white. Looking at the way tamagotchis have been going lately, we can tell it is going to be a piece of crap. Music star...tamago...New tamagotchi... Yeah. I could be wrong though! I am just making an educated guess :p

What do you mean by "old ones"? I'd send BanDai an email saying I won't be buying from them anymore if they just re-release a boring super-old version like the Angelgotchi, but a V4 in colour? OMG ID LOVE THAT!!!

I'm kind of hoping that they re-vamp the ancestor types with colour perhaps or combining the species. Like you could have Tamagotchi Classic, and it would come in Surf 'n Turf (Ocean and Forest), Darkness and Light (Angel and Devil), and Zoo (P1 and P2).

I adore the older species, especially the devil, and I think they could be brought back to life better than ever.

We're not going to get color. Bandai's said that over and over again. Sorry, but think of it realistically.

I'm kind of hoping that they re-vamp the ancestor types with colour perhaps or combining the species. Like you could have Tamagotchi Classic, and it would come in Surf 'n Turf (Ocean and Forest), Darkness and Light (Angel and Devil), and Zoo (P1 and P2).

I adore the older species, especially the devil, and I think they could be brought back to life better than ever.
OMG that sounds awesome! I think everybody has kind of forgotten the past tamagotchis which is sad!

But sadly, i highly doubt it will happen. I mean, we are dealing with bandai here... The crap bandai, no the vintage bandai... Do you get what i am saying? They are only gonna make more crap

What do you mean by "old ones"? I'd send BanDai an email saying I won't be buying from them anymore if they just re-release a boring super-old version like the Angelgotchi, but a V4 in colour? OMG ID LOVE THAT!!!
HOLY CRAP! You must not even have a vintage tamagotchi, because they are awesome! -_- either that or you are six!

Oh, and by the way, color aint commin sista :p

If you're a fan of anything you should always, always, ALWAYS respect what came before. If not for the original Tamas' success the newer versions never would have existed.

HOLY CRAP! You must not even have a vintage tamagotchi, because they are awesome! -_- either that or you are six!

Oh, and by the way, color aint commin sista :p
I have an Angelgotchi and it BORED ME TILL I WANTED TO SMASH IT! But I didn't, because I could sell it for a lot more money than it's worth.

But the Ocean sounds so cool and I really want to get it! But overpriced and you have to bid for it...it is often sold for like $200...ugh...

And I am not six, what six-year-old is even allowed to register here? I'm 10.

Colour did come, in the iD L, only Japan only wants the Japanese market to have cool Tamas. That's why all we get is crappy versions like the Tama-Go, for some reason. But, they're not crappy to six-year-old girls. Because BanDai didn't make them for ages 10 to 30 (that's the main age range here I think), us TamaTalkers don't like them. BanDai are trying to gain new and younger fans, instead of the only people who join Tama forums; the people who are seeking out the re-release of vintage Tamas. Tamagotchis are meant for children and a lot of people say that, even though I am barely 10, I am too old for Tamas already. BanDai is going a lot younger. And I have a reason for that: Here on TamaTalk, we share codes and cheats and Tamagotchi growth charts. We wreck BanDai's hopes of us getting addicted having to try loads to get a certain character. With each version that comes out, cheats come out to make that version easy to beat. Here, we can communicate to make Tamagotchis easy. But they want to stop us, and the only way to stop us is to aim new Tamas at an audience that will not be allowed to join Tama forums. So, 6-year-old girls are the perfect new fans for BanDai.

They're basically letting us down on purpose.

Well I'm excited to see what Bandai comes out with next.

I hope its a bit more "classy" or more... random. More like the older, one tama, places to visit-not just the park/date place... but not the original itself. I could care for that thing different everytime... and it seems I get the same ol' guy... even with a guide. Lol.

What would be a tamagotchi without the original? You wouldn't have the toy to play with or even this wonderful place to hang out in. I highly doubt the intention is to let us down. I think they are trying to be fair and work with what Americans are/have right now... Tons of families can't buy a toy every week....

Tell ya what... Ask your parent's for a reciept on what they spend on food alone in a food store. That can get big in a hurry... Not everyone has that money either....

So if we got the Tamagotchi Color/ID/IDL... They'd be sitting there being unsold. (For the most part, older people/kids/teens if they saved money might...) Most younger people would want it, no doubt, but the cost would be tough on the parents and the rest of the family. We are in an American Recession. (Atleast here we are) That means everyone is fighting for a job, money and not everyone gets what they need. I'm almost certain, this is still effecting Bandai America. Eventually I'm sure we will get our Colors too, just not for a while. They know we would like the colors here in America... But we Americans, If we want them we will buy the Japanese versions... We are prooving that on this site. ("I got my IDL.... I love my ID.... etc") So, no rush if we are buying what Bandai Japan is already serving up. Why invest in a chance when we know they might buy the original anyway?

Not trying to be a butt or anything... Just trying to get a few points across....

I agree with SailorRosette completely. And are you kidding? The original Tamagotchi's are "boring"? I have an Angelgotchi, and I love it to death. I know it's your own opinion, but there would be no way I think they're boring. And you also said you wanted to "smash it to bits"? You would seriously smash a perfectly fine Tamagotchi? But anyway, to me, my Angelgotchi is extremely needy, and I have to pause it a lot because I don't have the time to take care of it. Also, these vintage tamagotchi's are what started tamagotchi's, and all you say is that they're boring.

And like SailorRosette said, if Bandai brought color tamagotchi's here they definitely wouldn't be bought by many people. Tamagotchi's these days are not that popular anymore and Bandai would be losing a lot of money. But I'm pretty sure they're quiet popular in Japan still, or else Bandai wouldn't be releasing all of these new tamagotchis.

And yes Bandai is making tamagotchi's for a younger audience. They want to attract more tamagotchi fans. There aren't very many vintage tamagotchi collectors compared to the number of little girls in the world, and if you are a true tamagotchi fan, you wouldn't say that the new Tama-go is "crappy". I personally love the Tama-go and it's figures even though I'm an older tamagotchi fan. They have a lot of cute features and Music City isn't a bad touch to encourage Tamafans to go on Tamatown, even though I don't really go on much. ^^;

Bandai can't make everything like you want it to. They're trying to attract more people to buy a tamagotchi, and I bet they know that kids now think tamagotchi's are for little kids and someone older wouldn't be caught dead with them, so they're making them for a younger audience, but still making them different and keeping older Tamagotchi fans interested.

Color screens aren't the only thing that matters. Take the Tamagotchi+Color for example. I have one and its one of my favourites, but besides the color screen there aren't very many features I don't think. With the Tama-go you can still remodel your house and go to the park, and the figures add numerous new features to it also! I wouldn't say there was a huge difference between the two, only that there's a colored screen and everyone goes wild.

Like I said before, this is my own opinion, disagree all you want, but I'm not trying to be rude to anyone. ^-^

Back on the subject of the 2012 tamagotchi! I'm pretty excited to see what it's going to be, I'm not really hoping for them to make a certain kind of tamagotchi like others want, as long as its new and original!(But not too much!) Hopefully it will be a little smaller than the Tama-go. xP But even if it isn't, I'll still definitely buy it because I don't really mind the size that much. As long as it fits in my purse I'm okay! xD

It was a metaphor thingy, booboo1. I didn't REALLY want to smash it, it just irritated me a lot.

I call this all my Tama-hating disease and Tama lovers should really just ignore it. I can't make friends with a Tama and I can't consider it like a real live pet. TamaTalk is like the medicine for this, but my mom is constantly trying to reduce the amount of medicine. It's confusing and if I posted it, someone would probably report it because it's off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back