TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what I'll do.

Like Binary said in a previous topic about this, I'll buy a 2013 calendar and ignore all the rumors. Because that's all they are. Rumors.

That's a bunch of crap. The world will not end. It's just Mayan belief... I've learned it long ago.... maybe they didn't have enough time to make a 2013 calendar... I could be possible. It's an old planet, and I doubt that it would end right then and there. I mean how would it end? The world stops turning? We get sucked into a gaping black hole?

It's probably just a myth and nothing will happen to us...

Temari Nara

That's a bunch of crap. The world will not end. It's just Mayan belief... I've learned it long ago.... maybe they didn't have enough time to make a 2013 calendar... I could be possible. It's an old planet, and I doubt that it would end right then and there. I mean how would it end? The world stops turning? We get sucked into a gaping black hole?
It's probably just a myth and nothing will happen to us...

Temari Nara
That's what I think as well.

The Mayans were around from 250-900CE/AD. They wrote a calendar up until 2012. I think that's good enough, considering calendars here aren't even created/produced/sold until toward the end of the year before.

I think they got sick of making them. As for leaving it to end on an odd date, could have been by accident.

It very well could have been that they died while making the calendar for that year.

I agree with you SK and Temari Nara. They had to stop it somewhere, or decendents of the ancient Mayans with still be making the dang calender. They probably picked 12/12/12 beccause 12th month is when the year ends. If you ask me, the Mayans did pretty well for making it from 250 A.D to 2012. They must be tired. lol.

Well the Mayans were smart people when they predicted astrorods they were only about 2 or 3 seconds off but they wrote it on a big rock they could have ran out of room but then again anythings possible! But only God knows Mmmm....* sTARTS THINKING TILL HEAD EXPLODES*

Also there will be clues like wierd natral disaters and fighting over oil stuff like that. But the world wont explod in one boom little by little the world will die but only God will and CAN make it happen.

\\\AHA. xD

I think its a myth.

I mean, how's the world gonna end?

when it's 12 am on the proposed date, is the world just gonna go

[SIZE=14pt]BOOM! >:3[/SIZE]

Nothing will happen. Nothing happened in 2000, nothing happened on June 6, 2006, and nothing will happen in 2012.

And I wish people wouldn't say "only god can make it happen" or any god stuf like that. Some people don't believe in god so they MIGHT get offended or they might want to start an argument.

There will be a big countdown, It will be midnight, and it will be 2012. I don't think anything will happen. Yayyyyyyyyyyy.

Love-

Phobo-x.addicted.x-x.N e o n

There will be a big countdown, It will be midnight, and it will be 2012. I don't think anything will happen. Yayyyyyyyyyyy.
Love-

Phobo-x.addicted.x-x.N e o n
I agree.

The only thing that will happen is the start of another new year. :]

Man, for some reason I want it to be 2012 already 8D

Be one of the people to die from the world ending. :]

Then nothing will happen, itll be peaceful and we will feel...absolutely...nothing :]

But then again, it might not end. :/

People have been saying this year, then that year, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

On 2012, I will go outside and sit on my driveway, waiting peacefully, for us to go...

Poof! :3

I don't know why, but I want to. :]

( I know, Im weird. xD)

It wasn't just the Mayans who predicted it, apparently other prophets did as well.

The "I Ching" is an old Chinese text, which means "book of changes". It's mostly used for personal fortune telling. How you do it is ask a question, toss 3 coins and depending on the outcome of coins, you draw various lines. When it's mostly tails, you draw a straight line, if it's mostly heads, a broken one. Repeat 6 times, and you'll end up with something called a "hexagram". In the "I Ching", there's 64 different variations, each giving a different outlook on the future based on which hexagram you receive. Surprisingly, the answer the text gives you is "astoundingly appropriate to the question you asked". Problem is the "I Ching" is very generalized, which is like "appealing" to everyone.

Now how this plays into 2012 is a "controversial researcher" noticed a unrecognized pattern in the hexagrams in the I Ching. He plotted them on a timeline graph, starting when the "I Ching" was created. The weird thing is, this graph shows the highs and lows of civilization, like world wars and such. But, the graph just ends at it's farthest and last point, Dec. 20th 2012.

It's odd how the Mayans, I Ching and other prophets all seemed to conclude that 2012 was the year of downfall. It's not like the world would end, but they seem to think something will happen.

Personally, I'm not sure I believe it, but it's intriguing.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Part 1 of 7 from "Doomsday:2012" from History Channel

I believe it's a possibility, but I think by that point in time hopefully we will have created something to stop it since we're all fully aware of it in 2009.

Man, for some reason I want it to be 2012 already 8DBe one of the people to die from the world ending. :]

Then nothing will happen, itll be peaceful and we will feel...absolutely...nothing :]

But then again, it might not end. :/

People have been saying this year, then that year, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

On 2012, I will go outside and sit on my driveway, waiting peacefully, for us to go...

Poof! :3

I don't know why, but I want to. :]

( I know, Im weird. xD)
sorry for double post but wow, seriously that's kind of dark...you want everyone to just die? you, your family, your friends, everyone else and you don't even know what will happen? what happens if there is no afterlife? I'm sure then you will regret leaping into death.

It wasn't just the Mayans who predicted it, apparently other prophets did as well.
The "I Ching" is an old Chinese text, which means "book of changes". It's mostly used for personal fortune telling. How you do it is ask a question, toss 3 coins and depending on the outcome of coins, you draw various lines. When it's mostly tails, you draw a straight line, if it's mostly heads, a broken one. Repeat 6 times, and you'll end up with something called a "hexagram". In the "I Ching", there's 64 different variations, each giving a different outlook on the future based on which hexagram you receive. Surprisingly, the answer the text gives you is "astoundingly appropriate to the question you asked". Problem is the "I Ching" is very generalized, which is like "appealing" to everyone.

Now how this plays into 2012 is a "controversial researcher" noticed a unrecognized pattern in the hexagrams in the I Ching. He plotted them on a timeline graph, starting when the "I Ching" was created. The weird thing is, this graph shows the highs and lows of civilization, like world wars and such. But, the graph just ends at it's farthest and last point, Dec. 20th 2012.

It's odd how the Mayans, I Ching and other prophets all seemed to conclude that 2012 was the year of downfall. It's not like the world would end, but they seem to think something will happen.

Personally, I'm not sure I believe it, but it's intriguing.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png
Sure, prophecies have predicted that 2012 will be the year of downfall. But, it can be something like China going underwater. It doesnt mean that the whole world will end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back