A little too old for this?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm a 22-year-old student from somewhere in Europe, and I was always into virtual pets and similar stuff. I also play Animal Crossing on DS. Anyway, I remember that I owned my last tamagotchi in 2008, when I was 13. I was very attached to it, I even brought it to school and played with it in the classroom, sometimes I even talked to it (weird I know) but I was embarassed to play in front of people and my parents said I was too old to play with it, so I gave it to a little cousin. I think she played with it for a couple of days before throwing it in the drawer. It was about the same time when I gave my sister my DS and Animal Crossing and Nintendogs. As a teenager and adult ( :p ) I had virtual pets on my mobile... I like Hatchi, kinda functions the same way as tamagotchi. ^_^ But the nostalgia kicked in and as I begun to make peace with my inner child I started playing with my Animal Crossing again and now I'll be getting a tamagotchi. It's a v4.5, which I've never played with before, and I'm super excited (goodbye productivity!).

So, are there other people over the age of 18, who are still interested in this kind of things? I'm still nowhere near comfortable saying to most people I still like them or playing in public. Part of this is because I come across as quite mature and independant, and I'm not very girly, so nobody expects me to be playing.

Nice to meet you all. :kuribotchi:

Iza

PS: I love these emoticons! So cute. ^_^

Hey Iza ^_^

and welcome to the community!

You're from Europe? That's quite interesting ;) I'm from Germany and, nope, you're not too old, not at all! You're never too old for Tamagotchis :p I'm 32, by the way, and a fan since 1996, when the first Tamagotchis were released. I was fighting that time, tbh XD because my parents thought it's a bad idea, according to the press and people saying, that it distracts the kids too much. Well, after all they bought one ^_^ it's still in my collection and one I care a lot for... although there are quite a lot of Tamagotchis in my collection now :D (see profile).

So, don't be afraid ^^ you're definitely not too old for Tamas!

Hey Iza! Nice to meet you too :)

You're not alone.. I'm the same age as you and I just got back into tamas with the announcement of the new release in the US (where I'm from). I have to say, I definitely don't think I'd be comfortable to really play with my tamas in public anymore, nor am I going to tell my whole social circle that I've started them up again. I was at the mall yesterday and had no problem checking it discreetly though. From my experience the past few weeks, it seems like the people still collecting and using tamas are people around our age, who used them growing up. I really don't think you're ever too old to return to something you used to love. Welcome back!

I'm 24 and just started a PhD program and I'm currently running 4 Tamas all of them are Japanese releases funny enough. So you are not alone. And yes I pause or change the time so my Tamas don't get crazy neglected (this doesn't always work but hey). Since we are all about where we are I'm in Canada and I will pull one out in public it all depends on where I don't pull them out during meetings or class or when I teach but walking around the grocery store or on the bus? Sure why not?

Also the v4.5 is fun and I find easy to run and relatively low key so I'm sure you'll like it

Hey, welcome to TamaTalk!!

There's no way you're too old for this! I'm also 22, and though I'm not currently running any tamagotchis, I do still enjoy them!

Hello Iza! Welcome to TamaTalk!

As many others have said already, you're never to old to enjoy tamagotchi!

I'm a bit younger than the rest of you at 19, in my second year of college and trying my best to run two tamagotchis on top of school work.

Anyway! There's really no reason to be afraid of what people think of you, if you wanna play with tamas in public, I say go for it! Most people hardly pay attention anyway :p

Regardless, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy this little corner of the internet for tamagotchi fans.

Hope to see you around :)

Welcome to TamaTalk, Iza! I won't say my age but I'm also a 20-something-year-old but older than you, and I still love Tamagotchis! One can never be too old for this hobby. :) Glad to meet you, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Thank you for the warm welcoming! :wub:

I'm so glad there are other people about my age playing too!

Hi Iza !

I'm 28 years old and I'm not ashamed to say that I play with Tamagotchis (and I collect many other childish things!).

When I was little, I was harassed at school because I loved cute things, toys and videogames...
Then, when I got to university, all those things were totally accepted. ^_^

Tamagotchi are children's toys, but just like some video games ! Adults have the right to play and have fun ! :blink:

Nice to meet you ! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
*Raises hand*

One of the oldest members of the TamaTalk community here - still running tamagotchis from time to time - and still playing Animal Crossing Wild World on DS on a pretty regular basis, running 2 towns (one started in the past year, the other running for around, oh, hmmm.... 9 years maybe..?) :p

No one I know IRL does either so I don't talk about it in public much but if someone asks I am happy to explain that both these games are fun and playing them does no one any harm and makes me happy. Seems reasonable to me :)

Welcome to the TamaTalk forums!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iza
It's always funny to me when people think they're too old for tamagotchis, when nowadays it's the kids that don't know what a tamagotchi is most of the time (which is understandable, since most of them haven't seen a proper tamagotchi release) but it's us 20-somethings that actually grew up with them. You're not gonna find a lot of actual kids on tamagotchi themed forums for this reason, so don't worry! You're only 2 years older than me and tama community is full of people of all ages, some even have grandchildren.

I know that regaining interest in toys might seem odd and wrong at first, but at some point you have to realize that it's not harming anyone to have a little fun.

(I'll take a wild guess that you're from Poland, perhaps? Just a hunch!)

I hope you have fun but I have to warn you- once you get into tamagotchis, there's no going back!

Hi! I'm a 22 year old grad student and I shamelessly play with tamagotchis in public. wow, this sounds like a confession....anyway, welcome!!

Welcome to our little corner of the interwebz! As for whether you're too old? Never. I remember seeing a Tamagotchi fan site run by a woman in her 50s!

(I'll take a wild guess that you're from Poland, perhaps? Just a hunch!)

I hope you have fun but I have to warn you- once you get into tamagotchis, there's no going back!
Hahaha I'm from Greece.

No way back? I'm scared. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back