A New Home

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamagirl1092

Reaction score
A New Home Part IV

I rubbed my eyes sleepily and opened my mouth to let the yawn I’d been holding in escape my throat. I looked around wearily to find that I was the only one awake, and that it was many an hour past sundown. Just a little longer and I’ll be done I thought for the eighth time that night. I began crushing the mixture of various plants, grasses, and berries I had been busy perfecting for the last couple of days. Science was my gift and my passion. Ever since I saw Sasha experimenting that day I woke up on the island I was permanently sealed to the envelope of scientific knowledge and skill. It fascinates me. I long to solve the mysteries of life. Knowing that I’m on the verge of a breakthrough drives me to do whatever I can to make that discovery no matter how much sleep I lose or meals I miss.

My eye lids heavy, I was about ready to call it a night when I heard footsteps behind me.

“Don’t you ever sleep?” I smiled at the familiar accent. It was Chase. I turned to face him and pretended to be insulted.

“Well I like to get my work done thank you very much.” Chase held his hands up and took two steps back.

“Hey, I respect that. I just don’t want you to over work yourself, that’s all.”

“I’m fine. I was just about to get to bed anyway. Could you help me put away the stuff?”

“Sure.” Chase and I gathered up my tools and my experiment and walked into the science hut to put them away. “Do you think you could stay awake long enough for a little walk?” asked Chase.

“Well I’ve stayed awake this long, might as well for a little while longer.” I said sleepily.

“It’ll be quick. I promise.” We walked over to the beach, my favorite spot on the whole island, climbed up on top of the huge boulders, and gazed at the glittering stars up in the night sky. The coolness of the rock against my skin relaxed me, and I felt myself slowly drifting to sleep.

“Aren’t they beautiful Kali?” I woke suddenly and realized that Chase was speaking to me.

“Hmm, what?”

“The stars. They’re so beautiful.”

“Yes. They’re very beautiful.” Chase closed his eyes and breathed deeply. A wide smile stretched across his lips. “What are you thinking about?” I asked.

“Remembering back to when we were kids.”

“Oh!” I laughed. “You were so mean back then! You would always find the silliest things to tease me about! Almost everything I did you made fun of. You were the reason I never wanted to be around a boy until I was almost twelve!”

“But you know why I did those things right?”

“Because you were a depraved little boy?” I said grinning.

“No! It was because I liked you!”

“Oh.” I felt my cheeks growing red with embarrassment. “I knew that.” Although I was really pretty shocked considering how he tormented me all those years, but I guess that’s a boy for you. “Well you sure had an interesting way of showing it.” I said flatly.

“Yeah, well, I really didn’t want you, or anyone else, to know. I mean those were the times where you would be exiled from the boys club because you had girl cooties.”

“Yeah, well that was years ago. We were just silly kids then. To tell you the truth, I also liked you too. But not when we were little. It was in our early teen years about when we were thirteen or so.” I said with a smile.

“No kidding? Me too. I’ve liked you for a long time.” I looked him in the eye, and either curiosity began to pull at me, or the want to flirt was overpowering.

“So how long did this little crush of yours last?” I said in my most flirtatious manner.

“Well,” he hesitated while fidgeting with a stone that rested beside him.

“Well, what? Don’t be afraid. Just tell me.” I said already knowing what the answer would be. I just thought it would be fun to hear it from him anyway.

“It’s hard to explain.”

“Come on!” I dragged on. “Just tell me!”

“Okay, okay. I’ll tell you. The truth is I never did stop liking you. I liked you when we were just kids, and I still like you now.” He said as he quickly looked away, his face a bright red. Yes! I knew it! I thought silently to myself.

“So what about you? When did you stop liking me?” he asked while giving me a handsome grin. I leaned back all nonchalant and smiled.

“You really want to know?” Chase nodded his head eagerly.

“Yes.”

“Come closer and I’ll tell you.” Chase leaned in closer. I placed my hand gently on his cheek and kissed him lightly on his lips. As much as I wanted to stay there all day, I pulled back, and Chase just sat there with a dazed expression on his face. A wide grin stretched across his lips.

“Does that answer your question?” I asked. He just nodded his head, still smiling that smile. I dramatically yawned and suggested that we get to bed before the night is over.

“Yeah. You’re right. We should probably get some sleep.” He said as he stood up on the boulder and stretched out his arms and legs. We climbed down the rocks and walked hand in hand back to my hut. We said goodbye as we approached my house, and Chase took my hand in his and told me how he enjoyed our time together tonight, and how he’d cherish the day that he and his only love shared their first kiss. “Sweet dreams.” I watched his dark outline disappeared into the darkness as he walked back over to his hut. I immediately went to bed, and didn’t wake until late the next afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back