Abortion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally am in the middle. I feel that it is not right to have an abortion when you can care for the child and

you have enough money to support it. But I do think that it's right under certain circumstances such as rape,

unable to care for the child ect.

it's only confusing if you make it confusing, it's basically yes to abortion or no to abortion, there is no fine print.
In the legality of it, I agree with you. Either abortion is legal or it isn't.

But ethically speaking, some people might have different ideas of it. A lot of pro-choice people are still not pro-abortion, so pro-choice and pro-abortion are still not the same thing.

I'm pro-life. Babies recoil from pain at 36 days. Their heart BEATS at 25! Whether from rape or marriage or even just your boyfriend, God intended for this child to be conceived and born. An abortion almost always cold-hearted murder. Have you ever listened to some of the adolescent women who have had an abortion because they were scared? 43% of them commit suicide or at least attempt it. The death rate has gone up a significant amount since abortions were made legal. Not only is it painful and fatal for the baby, a lot of times it causes pain, infection, inability to reproduce later in life, or even death for the mother. The women always have a choice to give the child up for adoption. I know some women are "forced" to have an abortion because the pregnancy puts their own life at risk and I think they should have a choice. I hate saying that women shouldn't be aloud to get abortions, but it's what I believe.Abortion is wrong and really hope people start seeing that.

I'm pro-life. Babies recoil from pain at 36 days. Their heart BEATS at 25! Whether from rape or marriage or even just your boyfriend, God intended for this child to be conceived and born. An abortion almost always cold-hearted murder. Have you ever listened to some of the adolescent women who have had an abortion because they were scared? 43% of them commit suicide or at least attempt it. The death rate has gone up a significant amount since abortions were made legal. Not only is it painful and fatal for the baby, a lot of times it causes pain, infection, inability to reproduce later in life, or even death for the mother. The women always have a choice to give the child up for adoption. I know some women are "forced" to have an abortion because the pregnancy puts their own life at risk and I think they should have a choice. I hate saying that women shouldn't be aloud to get abortions, but it's what I believe.Abortion is wrong and really hope people start seeing that.
'fatal for the baby'. I'm sorry, but what do you think abortion does? Of course it is fatal for the baby.

' it causes pain, infection'. And an unlicensed person performing an abortion would be any better? Infection is only a common aftermath of illegal abortions. A study was conducted and that of 82,000 woman who had an abortion, only 1 in 500 had a fever of over 35 and none died of that fever or after-abortion symptoms. The risk of an infection from a legal abortion is 1 in 4,722.

'inability to reproduce later in life' (I'm going to take this from an actual article) 'Williams Obstetrics says, summing up current research, "Fertility is not altered by an elective abortion. The only possible exception is the small risk from pelvic infection." Women are usually given antibiotics at the time of abortion to prevent this.'

'Women always have a choice to give the child up for adoption'. And why should THAT woman have to go through THAT pain of pregnancy to just give away the child. There is a chance that the child has a terrible life in care.

'Recoil from pain at 36 days' Which is only 5 weeks. It has been proven that the fetus feels no pain from under 20 weeks.

Pain or no pain, you are stopping a baby from getting born.

And why should THAT woman have to go through THAT pain of pregnancy to just give away the child. There is a chance that the child has a terrible life in care.
Because THAT pain is much less then the pain of an haunting conscience. BECAUSE PAIN Isn't as bad as murder!

And that last sentence is completely absurd. EVERY child ever born has a chance on a terrible life care. It still doesn't make that if you think the chance is bigger that it doesn't deserve to live!

To add to the rape thing someone said about, I'm sorry, but I'd never keep a rape baby. Women who get raped are absolutely traumatized. I've met rape victims. They have a hard road ahead for the rest of their lives and they're never quite the same. Rape is the most vicious, humiliating, and violating act that could ever be done to a woman, and out of all of the women that I knew who went through it, only one kept the child and the others aborted. And I can see and understand why, these women were basically scarred for life, their minds and souls broken, they couldn't trust men anymore, any future relationships they had failed, the were rarely happy, etc. Some were even beaten during the act or after. The one who kept the child, she said it was a complicated issue, and I think it was someone very close to her who raped her, either friend or boyfriend when she tried to break up, I really don't know. I didn't pry for information, I could see it still haunted her by our brief talk so I dropped the subject.

For me, personally, I'd never keep a rape baby. I just couldn't. And I'd probably never want to be touched by a man ever again after that. I've been abused before, for years, in all different ways except in that way (thankfully). I couldn't imagine the emotional toll, stress, and psyche scarring it would cause. And as the child grows up, how could I ever explain to it that it came about via rape? The fact it wasn't wanted, the pain it brought, the mental anguish?

I think it's easy for some to say "oh you should keep the baby, even if you're raped." But I'm sure tunes would change if it happened to said person if they're female, or if it happened to a guy's female partner. Like, if you're very much into saving a life and against abortion and your girlfriend or wife ends up raped and gets pregnant, you'd keep that child? I wouldn't, and I'd probably hunt down the guy who did it and beat the stuffing out of him, too.

Pain or no pain, you are stopping a baby from getting born.

Because THAT pain is much less then the pain of an haunting conscience. BECAUSE PAIN Isn't as bad as murder!

And that last sentence is completely absurd. EVERY child ever born has a chance on a terrible life care. It still doesn't make that if you think the chance is bigger that it doesn't deserve to live!
Pain isn't as bad as murder? So what if one woman, after giving birth, had to go through all her life with a pain she can't handle? Physical or Psychological. If the baby were to die during the pregnancy, the woman would blame herself and have to live her live with that guilt.

Not every woman after an abortion would have a haunting concience as most know that it was the right thing to do. Whether or not you think that it was is a whole other story. She has her reasons and if you were a woman and were raped and kept the baby then I tip my hat off to you but I doubt your opinion would be the same if you were in that situation.

To add to the rape thing someone said about, I'm sorry, but I'd never keep a rape baby. Women who get raped are absolutely traumatized. I've met rape victims. They have a hard road ahead for the rest of their lives and they're never quite the same. Rape is the most vicious, humiliating, and violating act that could ever be done to a woman, and out of all of the women that I knew who went through it, only one kept the child and the others aborted. And I can see and understand why, these women were basically scarred for life, their minds and souls broken, they couldn't trust men anymore, any future relationships they had failed, the were rarely happy, etc. Some were even beaten during the act or after. The one who kept the child, she said it was a complicated issue, and I think it was someone very close to her who raped her, either friend or boyfriend when she tried to break up, I really don't know. I didn't pry for information, I could see it still haunted her by our brief talk so I dropped the subject.

For me, personally, I'd never keep a rape baby. I just couldn't. And I'd probably never want to be touched by a man ever again after that. I've been abused before, for years, in all different ways except in that way (thankfully). I couldn't imagine the emotional toll, stress, and psyche scarring it would cause. And as the child grows up, how could I ever explain to it that it came about via rape? The fact it wasn't wanted, the pain it brought, the mental anguish?

I think it's easy for some to say "oh you should keep the baby, even if you're raped." But I'm sure tunes would change if it happened to said person if they're female, or if it happened to a guy's female partner. Like, if you're very much into saving a life and against abortion and your girlfriend or wife ends up raped and gets pregnant, you'd keep that child? I wouldn't, and I'd probably hunt down the guy who did it and beat the stuffing out of him, too.
I think I disagree with everything is this post.

Pain isn't as bad as murder? So what if one woman, after giving birth, had to go through all her life with a pain she can't handle? Physical or Psychological. If the baby were to die during the pregnancy, the woman would blame herself and have to live her live with that guilt.

Not every woman after an abortion would have a haunting concience as most know that it was the right thing to do. Whether or not you think that it was is a whole other story. She has her reasons and if you were a woman and were raped and kept the baby then I tip my hat off to you but I doubt your opinion would be the same if you were in that situation.
Let's take this post in a few pieces:

If the baby were to die during the pregnancy, the woman would blame herself and have to live her live with that guilt.
What?! That is the by far one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life. If the woman commits abortion, she has right to live with guilt because she decided it. If she decides to go through with the pregnancy she is open to letting it live. If it dies, it has nothing to do with herself. Guilt feeling for saying no to abortion? NO WAY!(And if it is so, it's wrongly so).

She has her reasons and if you were a woman and were raped and kept the baby then I tip my hat off to you but I doubt your opinion would be the same if you were in that situation.
I believe that the average person probably would do an abortion. However, I am far from average. If I get married and my wife would get raped and get pregnant, she would not abort her child because I'm not going to marry such a person.

It's not my fault she's pregnant, not her fault and most importantly not the babies fault. I will just accept the child like he's my son/daughter!

Let's take this post in a few pieces:

What?! That is the by far one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life. If the woman commits abortion, she has right to live with guilt because she decided it. If she decides to go through with the pregnancy she is open to letting it live. If it dies, it has nothing to do with herself. Guilt feeling for saying no to abortion? NO WAY!(And if it is so, it's wrongly so).

I believe that the average person probably would do an abortion. However, I am far from average. If I get married and my wife would get raped and get pregnant, she would not abort her child because I'm not going to marry such a person.

It's not my fault she's pregnant, not her fault and most importantly not the babies fault. I will just accept the child like he's my son/daughter!
The thing is, women DO blame themselves for their children dying through birth. Most women who have had their baby die at birth were later diagnosed with depression.

And what you're saying is that if your wife was raped and pregnant and couldn't deal with it and was balling her eyes out saying she NEEDS (not wants, needs.) an abortion. You're going to tell her 'no, it isn't right. You can't have an abortion and you MUST go through the pain of having your rapist's baby and it will be okay because I won't think less of the baby.' Do you not understand how bad that sounds?

I'm sorry. I've tried respecting your beliefs and ideas, Stefan, but after the last post you made. I think a bit less of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pro-choice and pro-life. I know, that might seem confusing, but I am a young med student and I've been learning a lot about such things in my Medical Laws and Ethics class. There are a lot of things to consider and talk about when it comes to abortion. It is not, in ANY WAY, an "easy" topic. For some, it can be very touchy. I'm pro-choice when it comes to the needs of the mother, like maybe her health is in peril because of the pregnancy (due to cancer, or other problems) or due to rape or incest. And if a woman believes it is in her best interest EARLY on in her pregnancy, to get an abortion, I don't believe there is anything wrong with that. As long as there are good reasons, (not that there are really any good reasons for the death of another human being, let alone a baby) then let it be. One thing women need to consider before getting an abortion is the life-long guilt they will feel. They terminated a baby, a baby that never even got to take a breath or live outside of the womb. But, that is their own path that they chose to go down. I am completely against, and don't know how ANYONE COULD GO THROUGH, with late-term abortions. This is when the baby is perfectly capable of living outside of the womb without medical problems. Pretty much, at full term. Believe it or not, but people still do this. In certain states THIS IS PERFECTLY LEGAL. And wrong, ever so wrong....So, in all, I would never get one myself, but I believe other women have a right to what happens to their bodies. Just...If anyone is to get an abortion, they must at the beginning of their pregnancy, and if not, just give the baby up for adoption. Don't mean to offend anyone, just a very complex and touchy subject for a lot of people...Thought I'd put in my two cents.

If I get married and my wife would get raped and get pregnant, she would not abort her child because I'm not going to marry such a person.

Do you mind clarifying this point a little? :) Honestly I am a bit confused. If I read this correctly:

If your wife got raped and as a result became pregnant, she would not abort her child because you are not going to marry her? There's a bit of a contradiction here, I think.

I meant I'm not going to marry a women who is capable of doing such a crime.

I think you should talk to the woman about such a subject first before marriage then. Though I don't know how you could bring up abortion and rape in a suitable conversation.... Also she could easily say one thing, then change her mind if it were to ever happen. (Hopefully it never does.)

Curious though: would and do some people divorce over abortion? Would you stop dating someone immediately if you found out they had a past abortion?

(These questions are for everyone to express opinions on.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, remember to keep this topic calm. I know it can be hard, but it can be done.
Yeah.. Sorry if I've come across a bit agitated...

Curious though: would and do some people divorce over abortion? Would you stop dating someone immediately if you found out they had a past abortion?
Good question. My answer to that would be a big fat no. Leaving someone as they have to make a huge decision in her life?! That would be too cruel.

Depends if she was sorry about it. Because I have to forgive, as God forgives my sins.

I am 100% pro-life. That is just my opinion, though.

The way I see it, if you don't want a child, don't. Use protection. If you happen to become pregnant, you could at least give the baby the chance at life, but you could put it up for adoption or something. I believe that everyone has the right to live.

As for rape, if you really don't want the child, which I can understand, you have the right to have an abortion if you want one, it's your body, do what you want. I wouldn't get one, though.

If it's your own fault that you became pregnant "on accident", you have to suffer the concequences.

I am 100% pro-life. That is just my opinion, though.

As for rape, if you really don't want the child, which I can understand, you have the right to have an abortion if you want one, it's your body, do what you want. I wouldn't get one, though.
If you believe that a woman has the right to have an abortion if she wants one (under certain specific circumstances) that means you are "pro-choice".

The fact that you would never choose an abortion is perfectly OK - but what you are saying is that you think other women have the right to choose to abort or to have the baby.

Pro-lifers broadly have a reputation for wanting life "under any circumstance" - they believe that all pregnant women should not have the right to decide if they want to keep the baby or have an abortion and in some extreme pro-life opinions that it should be illegal and that women (as well as the doctor) should be prosecuted for murder.

As I have mentioned before in this topic, I am Pro-Choice - I believe people have a right to make a choice. The fact that I would never, personally choose to have an abortion does not mean I am Pro-Life.

Wow this is heated. For the sake of not making it worse, no one of you will know my answer. I will give a hint. It's Pro-something.

All and all, some consider it wrong, some consider it acceptable. Personal and Religiously, people have their points and I have mine.

I am pro choice. I understand women who do it. Even after my stillborn son. I lost him after a pregnancy of 40 weeks. I gave birth to him the day i was due, but he died 2 days earlier in the womb. Probably due to a cord accident, but could also be s.i.d.s. in the womb.

Nobody knows...I'm now desperately trying to get pregnant again, but the stress of wanting it so badly is just slowing the process down and it's even preventing me to get pregnant.

I don't know how to put the stress down, I think it just needs time, but it's really, really hurting.

So if I would know anyone who's planning on getting an abortion I would probably tell them my story, how I feel this is murder. But even after that, it's still their choice. I think it's almost impossible for a man to understand this.

Cause you'll never know how it's like to be pregnant and give birth to a child, alive or dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back