Accents?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janna

Reaction score
I was just curious to see if anybody had a specific accent. :3

Usually I don't notice mine, because it really only comes out if I'm not paying attention at all or if I'm yelling at someone. I come from a long line of backwoods Texan family, so I sometimes catch myself saying "Ain't", "Cain't", "Toad choker", "Rain locker", "Y'ont to?", and a lot of sayings that I grew up hearing from my mom. xP

Well, I live in the South-East of England.

I live north of London, but don't speak like a Londoner.

But I pronounce words like 'bath' as 'barth', & 'can't' as 'carn't'.

Stuff like that. ^^

B R I T I S H all the way. <33

Even living over here in the USA, my accent has stayed firm. Although I'll often sing my words, or speak like a gangster, or go totally posh. You know, spaz speak. But I'm picking up American expressions, as well as keeping my good old British ones. But I like standing out in the way I speak. Maybe one day I'll take a video so you guys can hear how I talk.

B R I T I S H all the way. <33
Even living over here in the USA, my accent has stayed firm. Although I'll often sing my words, or speak like a gangster, or go totally posh. You know, spaz speak. But I'm picking up American expressions, as well as keeping my good old British ones. But I like standing out in the way I speak. Maybe one day I'll take a video so you guys can hear how I talk.
We have the same accents, right? :DD

Since I grew up in southern California...I guess I have a Southern Californian accent?

Well, I grew up in Brooklyn, NY, so I have the famous Brooklyn accent. Some of the accent has faded though, since I don't live in Brooklyn anymore.

Well, I live in the South-East of England.I live north of London, but don't speak like a Londoner.

But I pronounce words like 'bath' as 'barth', & 'can't' as 'carn't'.

Stuff like that. ^^
I live in the south-east xD but not of England of like London.. I pronounce stuff like you do..

But with the T's in some words I dont pronounce them like water and bottle idk I guess you will never know unless you do it with a south east of London accent or you lived with most kids in my school :p

I live in the south-east xD but not of England of like London.. I pronounce stuff like you do..
But with the T's in some words I dont pronounce them like water and bottle idk I guess you will never know unless you do it with a south east of London accent or you lived with most kids in my school ;)
Ooh, cool. [:

I pronounce my t's, though.

I just speak like a Eastern-USA girl would.

Except, when I'm angry, I talk with a German accent. "I VANT CANDY"

I'll be bach.

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and there are some people here that have a VERY strong accent. I used to speak with it all the time, but I don't very much anymore. Though, sometimes I'll say something with that little bit of difference that makes it obvious where I'm from.

My grandparents sometimes say 'idea', 'idear' and things like that, especially with people's names.

I have a habit of saying things American though, too. Whenever I say, 'house', like 'howse', my parents yell at me, and I don't see why it's such a bit deal.

Australian. I don't notice my accent much, so I can't really describe it other than that.

I'll post a video... then you'll hear it :eek:

I don't really have an accent. At least, I think I don't. I'm so used to my own voice I wouldn't know the difference.

But My Great Great Aunt Gladys has a British accent. Like, a Super British Accent, You can really hear it., She's originally from England, and Moved To Canada in the 1930's, And Her sister Florence [My Great Great Grandma] had a baby here in Canada, Which turned out to be my Grandma. Gladys is the Only one out of the family from England thats Still Alive... She's 97.

I guess I have a western-Pennsylvania type accent. It's not a very strong one, but I have it. I say, "pop," instead of, "soda." [i've slipped up in TamaChat a few times... people didn't know what I was talking about. xD] I have a tendency to say, "Pixburgh," and I say, "yinz," as opposed to, "you guys," and "y'all."

I never really noticed it. But last summer when I went down to North Carolina, every where I went in public people were like, "Are you from Pittsburgh, or somewhere in western PA?"

And I'd be like, "Yeah! How did you know?" o:

And they'd be like, "Because of your accent!" [silly!]

xD

I speak with a Canadian accent, because that's where I live.

I don't really notice a difference, but whenever I go to Forida, everyone there's like "Yeah you guys sound like you're from Canada"

half the time I speak in a different accent anyways, like gangsta or Russian, it's usually some sort of gangsta-wannabe-epic-fail kind of thing. ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back