Across the Country

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meowbark

September 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
I have a friend that lives in Washington. I live in Florida. 3000 miles apart. [Around there anyway.]

We have been chatting on MSN for around a year and a half now. We really like each other, and would be BFF's in real life if we lived near each other.

The thing is, I want to /really/ meet her around Christmas break. Her mom and grandmother agreed to letting her fly down here, because they trust her, and they have seen us on webcam enough to know I'm not a creepy old man.

My parents won't let her come down here, my mom originally said it was fine. Then when my dad said no, she said no. My dad just doesn't want to take the responsibility of watching a 16 year old girl for a week. [He claimed it was because he didn't believe her mom would agree to it. Then I finally found out the 'real' reason the other night. Oh and by Christmas, I'd be 15]

He knows I want to see her more then ANYTHING. If she came down I wouldn't care if I got jack for Christmas because her coming down would be my present.

How should I convince my parents to let her come down? I can understand there is always a chance she isn't who she claims to be, but that's why when I go to the airport to pick her up, I would have one of my parents with me, so if it's a creepy old guy or something I would have my parents with me!

This really means a lot to me if she came down, me and her would probably just be in my room or outside the majority of the week anyway! [We never set any plans or see any family after Christmas anyway]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow i just realized i cant pay attetion to posts. -___-!!!!, Well why dont you just go to Washington(yeah for washington! so cold ugly and rainy!)??

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know. It sounds like you have been doing a lot already. Maybe have her webcam you and try to convince your parents? I'm sorry I don't know xD

Try to get her parents to talk with your parents.

If it still doesn't work, you could try and do it the other way, go up to washington to see her.

Money's tight, I already tried asking to go up there. "We ain't leaving you with someone we don't even know!" yeah. ._.''

I'm going to try the webcam thing and call her. That way will probably work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back