AHHHHHHH!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol "sorry Earl no more greasy pig raseling!" but omg eeeeek dun want it myself!!

We have it here in Texas.

Not a big deal xD
Yeah. But the only person here who died from it was a baby in San Antonia. ):

That's so sad.

Sorry about your choir trip though.

I mean--people get better---people have gotten better here--the majority here, except for the previously mentioned baby.

Our area is making a big deal. A couple of schools closed down for like a week or two because they thought someone had swine flu.

Precautions. :)

Yeah. You can.

Lovely. It's a pandemic.

Yeah, but there's only one comfirmed death from swine flu in the US.

7 confirmed in Mexico but 152 suspected.

And 1 suspected in Guatemala.

(This is all off Wikipedia, btw)

Today--the WHO(World Health Org.) just raised it to a level 5 pandemic--meaning there have been sustained outbreaks in at least 2 countries.

Yeah. You can.
Lovely. It's a pandemic.

Yeah, but there's only one comfirmed death from swine flu in the US.

7 confirmed in Mexico but 152 suspected.

And 1 suspected in Guatemala.

(This is all off Wikipedia, btw)

Today--the WHO(World Health Org.) just raised it to a level 5 pandemic--meaning there have been sustained outbreaks in at least 2 countries.
Lol when you said the WHO i was like, OMG YAY!!! their back!! but sad =(, i hope this virus is killed and smashed and lased....like potato chips!!!!!

I still don't understand. So.. Swine flu is like regular flu, except you get it from pigs?
It is all too easy to instill media-induced panic in people. I am disturbed by this.

Edit, typo.
It's not transmitted from animal to human. If it was, it wouldn't be mutated into 3 kinds of flu by now and it certainly wouldn't be human-human infection for it to spread.

Yeah I heard 22 people in Scotland are in qurentine and 1 person in London has a confirmed case. Its the stupid airport people. People are comming back from Mexico not being checked and aloud to wander, talk to others, breath on others and then they will go and do the same thing then it will spread. Our youngest case is a 12 year old girl is what I heard but shes in Qurentine (sp) and her schools out for a week. OMG I just heard a boy in my brothers school came back from Mexico about 2 days ago and has been told hes not aloud back until hes been checked.

I don't get what this hype is......

I mean, it's only a little more servere than normal flu, right? And people can die from a regular flu. It's just bird flu and everything all over again. People were saying whenever you catch it, you'll die (at least the people in my school were). So, short rant over.

I live in England, where evryone is used to flu, so our immune systems can fight it better :D

I can't get swine flu because i just got the flu shot yesterday...

And Nova scotia has no pigs but...

I HAD MCDONALDS BEFORE I GOT MY FLU SHOT.

Does that count? :D

I can't get swine flu because i just got the flu shot yesterday...And Nova scotia has no pigs but...

I HAD MCDONALDS BEFORE I GOT MY FLU SHOT.

Does that count?  :D
No. Most McDonalds is made of beef. (cow) Even if you ate a bacon sandwich or something you can't get it because you don't get the disease from eating cooked pigs, it is just carried by pigs. And once it's cooked, the disease goes away. :mimitchi:

Hmmm.. I really want to get myself tested because I seriously think I have (even just a little) chance of it. I am still sick. But I don't want to get a needle injected in me, (if that's what they do) or I'll faint.. again.

[SIZE=7pt]EDIT- My teacher came to school today wearing a doctor's mask as a joke. ;P[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad said that it's a 1 in a 1,000 chance someone could die from it. Otherwise it's just suffering from the usual stuff.
See, I can't listen to statistics like this. 1 in 1,000? Pftt, that's nothing.

I have a chronic illness that is 1 in 2.7 million.

Last week we were learning about genetic mutations in biology, and my teacher was like, "Huntington's Disease is extremely rare - 1 in every 10,000."

I wanted to scream.

.tee.hee...x - I agree. The regular flu kills about 36,000 people world wide every year. The Swine Flu has killed what... 100? If that? (Just guessing here. =P)

It's like the Bird Flu and Mad Cow. This will all pass over in a month or so. Hopefully.

EDIT: Grammar failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ A ton of schools have closed down in Texas. It's insane.

A bunch of kids came to school today with surgen masks on O_______O
I shouldn't be laughing, but that's just something to ROFLOL at xD

Swine Flu is rare, but I'm nervous. I don't want it!

But, yes, you guys are right. It's just another repeat of Bird Flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back