Airborne

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FROG!

Reaction score
'Bike contest!' I thought. 'Now I can prove to them that I CAN fly off of big hills of my new bike!'

Just thinking of my bike made me pedal faster than usual. New, shiny, red bike that could go 7 speeds! That was my bike. Lazy I may of be, as a Kuchipatchi, but on my bike I wasn't nessicarily lazy, now was I?

As I drew near to my house in the outskirts of TamaTown, I stubbornly didn't hit the breaks and pedalled down the big hill. I paniced as I rolled down the hill and pushed down on my break roughly. But it was too late. I was airborne.

I looked around myself, to make sure nobody was looking. Unfortunately, people were looking. And some of them were some of the most harsh bullies around. Even a few of my friends and came out to see the commotion. 'Well,' I thought. 'This won't be a deep dark secret. So I might as well look like I tried this. I'm up so high now.'

I made myself look like I was ferocious, and bravely took a hand off my handlebar and made a peace sign. Would that fool them?

My bike hit the ground, and I hit the breaks. And my Mom hit the speed. And how embarassing could a Mom get? I don't like being the laughingstock of the school, thank-you very much.

"Oh! Thorn! My sugar-bunch! Are you okay?!" Mom exclaimed, kneeling down. "Does my cutie-poo have any boo boos?"

"NO," I replied angrily. "THORN IS NOT HURT!"

"Is Thornie-poo angry with Mommy?"

"YES!" I stepped off my bike, red with anger and embarassment. "Did you not see I was preforming a stunt?! Look at all these people! They're staring at me and listening to you calling me baby names!"

At last my Mom patted my head and said, "You're right. Bye, Thorn. Be back by 9, okay?"

"Fine." I said, watching my Mom walk away, as if I had upset her. Hmph, I won't fall for the old Pity Me trick.

I walked over to the crowd who was laughing and pointing. My friends were the only ones that I knew wouldn't laugh.

"How did it feel being airborne?" Rose, my twin sister, asked. "Were you scared?"

I paused for about five minuites and finally replied, "No. Actually, it felt good."

To be continued...

Latest posts

Back