All Things Harry Potter!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently started reading the books, after being a huge fan of the movies. I'm currently up to The Order Of The Phoenix, and my favourite book so far would have to be the Prisoner Of Azkaban. And now I have to read the books, I am left wondering 'Why wasn't Peeves in the movies?'

I'm a Slytherin at heart, but I'd fit in Ravenclaw just as well. Slytherin for me :)

My favourite character was always Snape, he amused me for some odd reason. And The Weasley twins. They're the comedy side of things~

Ravenclaw

although i took the sorting hat quiz and it said Gryffindor, it was a tie between gryffindor, hufflepuff, and ravenclaw lol

so i'm going to go ahead and choose ravenclaw for myself.

BTW The order of the phoenix was my favorite book <3

I absolutely love Harry Potter. I grew up reading the books, first picking them up when I was seven, and I haven't looked back. I haven't gone to see the last movie, and I don't plan on seeing it until it's out on DVD. i want to hold on to the experience for as long as I can. I don't want to see the end ;_;

On Pottermore, I got in on the first day, and my Welcome letter came in the 5th or 6th batch. I'm in Slytherin (I always knew I was one a heart), my wand is black walnut and unicorn hair, 10 and a 1/2 inches, hard, and my pet is a Tabby cat. Oh, and my username's MidnightStorm34 :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the quiz and it put me in Griffyndor (And no, I didn't plan that or necessarily want that, its just what I got). I really love Harry Potter so much!! :) I've only read like 3 of the books, but I'm planning to read the whole series and watch all the movies :) I think I'm going to order either the Deathly Hallows necklace or Hermione's time-spinner online, hehe :) Oh, and there's a Harry Potter club at my school...I'm so joining!! :)

Harry Potter was something that heavily influenced my childhood as did talking fish (Finding Nemo) and virtual pets (Tamagotchi). Most of my cousins and relatives have both read and viewed all of the books and movies. It has certainly played a tremendous part of my life. :blink:

As sad as it was to see the movies come to an exhilarating end, I think it ended perfectly, and just like Toy Story 3, personally there is no need to continue a perfect amount of segments. However, as J.K herself said on the premiere of the Deathly Hallows Part 2, "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home". c':

Ooh I nearly forgot to write about Pottermore! One of my close friends had won the opportunity to create a BETA account, and funnily enough, she had accidentally registered three accounts! So she sent me the details of one of them, and off I went to explore the world of Pottermore! :lol:

Throughout my life, I had oddly never identified myself with any of the houses. Although, if I had to choose any of them, I would always say Gryffindor. :p

So it came as quite of a surprise when I was sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore! After reading the Prefect's speech about the house in general, I have definitely grown to like and accept myself as a Hufflepuff. ^_^ ϟ

Ooh I nearly forgot to write about Pottermore! One of my close friends had won the opportunity to create a BETA account, and funnily enough, she had accidentally registered three accounts! So she sent me the details of one of them, and off I went to explore the world of Pottermore! :lol:

Throughout my life, I had oddly never identified myself with any of the houses. Although, if I had to choose any of them, I would always say Gryffindor. :p

So it came as quite of a surprise when I was sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore! After reading the Prefect's speech about the house in general, I have definitely grown to like and accept myself as a Hufflepuff. ^_^ ϟ
I was sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore as well! If you're interested, check out this Pottermore topic. :)

My dad, in his usual fashion, got Deathly Hallows Part II on DVD the day it came out (11-11-11). I was so glad to see that movie again. For me, the experience will never truly be over, because we'll always have the books, movies, fellow fans, memories, and now Pottermore. I'm going to re-read the series again over Thanksgiving break. They're just sitting on my desk, waiting to be read! I love it how I find something different or learn something new every time I read the books.

*Finds harry potter realted stuffs* I just got a pottermore account from a friend and since I have to share with another one of my friends I got sorted into huffle puff. I thought that was REALLY wired, but then my other friend filled out most of the survey. <_< so.... HufflePuff it is. I am def. gonna get my own account when beta testing is over. For some odd reason Slytherin comes to mind when I think of being sorted.

I have just today blasted through book one and at this moment am waiting for a potion to brew... lol

<HP freak

I am jealous of everyone who has a Beta account on Pottermore ;-; You lucky ducks.

I started to read Harry Potter at age five. My mother was reading the fifth one while I was reading the first. I eventually caught up to her very quickly, and by the time I was six, I was already ready to read OotP. My mom went and bought me a little paperback copy, writing the date and 'I <3 U ~MOM' on the inside cover. In third grade, my uncle and aunt preordered the Deathly Hallows for me. For Show and Tell, I brought the card confirming that it was preordered. Nobody else really shared my adoration for HP. I remember how excited I was when I read the DH, and how hard I cried when Hedwig died and Dobby died. I didn't come to be a fan of Snape very much until about a year ago or so. Harry Potter has played a huge role in my life and my character for eight amazing years. Hogwarts will always be my home.

I'm so happy there was a post on this! I took the quiz and got into Ravenclaw-my favorite book is Goblet of Fire, and I like Luna(she kind of reminds me of cat on victorious) and the Weasley twins

I love book six and seven.....and of course number one! They're all so epic!

I took a quiz and got into hufflepuff...weird.

Wow, is it just or me, or does it not feel as if the conclusion/culmination of the series properly ended around six/seven months ago? I think I'm still suffering from post-Harry Potter depression. :c :lol:

I think I'd probably be in Hufflepuff.

My favorite book is definitely the Half-Blood Prince. I loooooove it. Deathly Hallows is probably my second favorite.

Favorite quote (Deathly Hallows):

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"

Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again obscuring his figure.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Potter is going to be on "The Talk" on CBS.... um... 2:00est....

If anyone is interested to hear what he has to say to the women of The Talk.

I like rereading the books, just finished rereading the whole series for the umpteenth time a few weeks ago, I don't like the movies much, now who wants to answer a random Harry Potter question: What is Dumbledore's favorite kind of jam? (hint: the answer is in The Half Blood Prince)

* Topic closed to avoid further bumping - previous post made 3+months ago *

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back