Am I a...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissBerry<3

Reaction score
I don't think I am. but ever since summer started I haven't been sleeping.

I wake up around 10:30 but I don't go to bed until like 4 or 5 in the morning.

Now, I am NOT stupid, I kno that an insomniac is some one who doesn't sleep.

But I am getting sick of it.

Ya know why?

There is nothing good on the telly at 3 in the morning.

I just wanna know if any one else has had the same problem...

[sorry if this is a copy, I couldn't find another post but I could have over looked one.]

Did it just start happening around summer?

I don't think you're an insomniac.

I've been staying up pretty late ever since school let out. And my friend always stays up late during summer break, though she isn't an insomniac.

I'm not sure if it's the same thing with you, but in the summer, since it's warmer and brighter out, I have trouble sleeping due to the air being too hot and stuff. It mightn't be like that with you, but this is how it usually is for me.

yea. the first couple of days i was normal but now I just can't seem to get my self to go to bed. At all. and it's not the air. I just don;t sleep.

But I have thingd to do =[ it's not bad I just don;t like being bored all night long. especially since I have no one over half the time

I used to be like that. Except I wouldn't get to sleep until like, 6:30am. I guess you could try not sleeping all day/night until the following night. That way you'll be really tired, fall asleep earlier and might be able to get yourself back into a regular sleeping routine. Only problem with that is that all that day you'll feel terrible because of the lack of sleep.

It probably has to do with lack of physical activity during the day since we're all taking it easy over the summer.

I'm a morning person, so I often go out and do some hardcore exercise - or running, since it's easier for me.

Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deeper after a hard day's work.

Besides that, it can be really fun to go out and do something worthwhile !

It's what I do these days. I've nothing better to do, anyway. ;D

Just find a physical activity you enjoy and go for it.

Hey, anything to keep boredom away and make sure you get some good beauty sleep. ;]

Or try listening to relaxation CDs, lol. I love those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try cutting all caffine out. ( That means tea, coffee, pepsi, anything with caffine)

I tried it after i got sick of not being able to sleep on school nights and i've been able to fall asleep eaiser :3

Also try sleeping with a fan on. :)

By definition, an insomniac is just a person who regularly has trouble sleeping. But you have to think about some things before you can say that you are genuinely suffering from insomnia. If you are willfully staying up very late until three in the morning, or you don't feel tired until then, and wake up at eleven, I don't think that this is insomnia. (I do the same exact thing.)

I would say that this is caused by an irregular sleeping schedule. If you stay up very late and wake up late in the afternoon for a few days, your body will get used to this sleeping pattern and will adapt accordingly.

But I don't think this is insomnia. I could be wrong. xD

As for tips on how to sleep better, I have two:

1) As much as you might not want to, try waking up a lot earlier than eleven or twelve in the afternoon. Try 8 or 9. That way you will be tired much earlier and you will most likely sleep much better the next night.

2) When I have trouble sleeping, I take a hot shower. It helps to relax you, and I usually fall asleep right away. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Insomnia is not a disease per say, it's more of a side effect to other illnesses such as depression, schizophrenia, etc. You don't have it, you're just on a bad schedule. It's summer, and it happens. Not only this, it gets darker later, and brighter earlier, so a combination of that and free time creates a lack of sleep.

If you have trouble falling asleep, you need to keep your body temperature cold. Take a shower before bed, sleep with an ice pack or cold cloth, or sleep somewhere with AC.

If you have trouble staying asleep, make sure there is no sound in your room, and don't eat before bed or have anything to drink like water.

And, if you wake up early because of the sun, block your windows with something the night before.

If you need anymore info, feel free to ask.

thanks you guys. And actually I am a schizophrenic and I am suffering from mild depression so that could be the problem but these are all helpful answers. Ha. but I DO feel like an Idiot now. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back