AM I THE ONLY ONE ON TAMATALK WHO DOESNT TYPE

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupatchithelover

Reaction score
i just had a disagreement with another tamatalker about writing "properly" which is starting your sentence with captials, spelling your words right, and not using IM speech (lol rofl brb....etc.) and stuff like that, if you didnt know what i meant. so i decided to do a little experiment and i saw that all (or at least all i saw) typed "properly" AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESNT????????????? like like writing freely i dont think people on TT need to write "properly" so why does everyone do it?

People type properly because I guess they don't want to be called noob's or something I guess o_O I'm not sure, i type like this because i had to for school so i kind of got used to it xD Lolz, i don't have a problem with people text talking. I don't see a big deal at all, so yeah xD you're fine just the way you are, if someone has a problem with it, they can live with it.

^O^~

sumtimeZ i LYk to tYpe nOt propeRly wen eh gEt borED.

I am actually a bit against typing unproperly, but occasionally I just don't capitalize or abbreviate.

I used to type like that. Don't worry, your not the only one.

Plus as long as you aren't a noobie who spazzes over Twilight or HP (Sorry but still) We're fine.

'OMG BELLA EDDIE FEREVER LULZ"

:I

No your not the only one I'm sure I just don't like speaking leet too much I mean I say "lol" but that's about it I don't know sometimes leet annoys me lol but your not the only one don't worry :rolleyes: I used to speak it alot on here when I first joined but I grew out of that I guess ^^ but like I said your not the only one. :D

I've always typed normally. Even on MSN. I find it hard to type in scriptkiddie, unless I'm rushing.

Do it, but not excessively. I don't mind: 'hey, how are u today', but I do get annoyed with: 'heyyyy how u doin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using proper grammar makes sentences more readable and doesn't make the poster seem like an idiot who doesn't know how to make sentences the right way. ;)

I used to type like that. Don't worry, your not the only one.
Plus as long as you aren't a noobie who spazzes over Twilight or HP (Sorry but still) We're fine.

'OMG BELLA EDDIE FEREVER LULZ"

:I
whats a noodbie? (and i do obsess over HP and twilight, read my siggy!!)

I like to type with grammar. We have grammar so that we can more easily understand one another.

It's actually a fact that it's harder to understand things on the computer versus in print because of the way the computer is set up [basically, you can't see it, but the monitor blinks rapidly on and off, the mind fills it in because that's how the mind runs] so it may be easier to type "2 and u" rather than "too and you" but it's harder to read on the other end.

Plus, a lot of the txt words only require one or two more letters anyway, why not type correctly? ;)

:p IM talk is kinda like cursing, you start doing it all the time and it seeps into your real life. Plus IM speak confuses many people and has no place in intelligent conversation. Just like if you say the f word in every sentence you make people are gonna think you're a butt if u tp leik im ppl r thnk ur a butt. It has become a sign of stupidity and laziness in a world where ability to write properly is lost even on those with college degrees.

Write properly. It's just good practice. ;)

* *s are the same as just typing the whole word out. Let's just use total replacements next time. ;) -TWP*

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you upset it's ok that you speak that way ;) . Makes you special ;)
She asked for our opinion's and we gave it to her. No need for a pity party over her getting frustrated over something silly.

We type literately because you learn it in school, it's a life skill, and writing is actually very beautiful.

=P

I personally think that anyone who can't type out a full sentence (literately) don't belong on the computer. It makes people look like idiots.

People need to preserve our literacy x____x we learn this stuff for a reason.

It's necessary.

I dunno. I've always spelled things right, unless it was, like, supercalifragilisticexpialedocious or something. I use words like "dunno" "gonna" "wanna" and "lol" but that's about it. I HATE 'txt tlk' ><

I honestly hate it when people talk with poor grammar.

I don't want to spend 5 minutes translating people's posts just because they're too lazy to type out their words and use punctuation.

Proper grammar isn't that difficult.

I'm a big grammar/proper english lover, so I love typing normally. It seems more mature than "wen i typ lik dis". It's also hard to read, and can be a bad habit if you type in "chat speak" a lot.

You usually get treated better if you type better. It's just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back