Am I too late for saying...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxietchi

Reaction score
Hi guys~ I am very new here and this is my 1st post! Nice to meet you all~ ^_^

Any way let go direct to my "Topic Title", Am I too late for saying that after days of aimlessly research on "Tamagotchis" I want to have one iD - Lovely Melody ver.??? B)

I know there are newer and much more interesting versions out there but call me weird if you have to...but while others enjoy ver. with loads of characters, I fond to ver. with much less complex character growth chart. Maybe it is because I just start to call myself a "fan" for Tamagotchi and do not know much sub-characters or late-appear characters in anime ahaha... :p

So after I compared the colored ver. released ever since, I like the characters available in the iD - Lovely Melody ver. most and that conclude my decision (Yes! It is that simple and absurd!). :D

However as I live in Thailand where Tamagotchi was never be spoken again for a decade or so of it very first launch...(WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!). :angry: The way to get one with rational price offered is harder than finding a needle in the hay stack I suppose?!? :( I found https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Tamagotchi+iD+lovely+&_trksid=p5197.c0.m627 and gosh!!! with no knowledge, skill, experience on eBay functions I am in dismay :(

Anyone care to give me a very kind piece of advice or two? Thanks! ^_^

In Thailand, I recall having Tamagotchi over there but maybe not the Tama-Go. I know, eBay is a pain at the prices (way a pain..) but you can try looking on Y! Japan, Amazon or any other site to see if they have any.

Yes, I reccomend looking on other sites, but before you go through with it, I think you should buy an older tamagotchi and see if you like them and frove you can 'stick' with them, and then If you are sure, you should get one then.

^

Definately. Start with a Connection Tama (Or Tama-go, since you like simple Tamas ;) ) and then if you can stick with it, buy a color.

They're fantastic, my iD L is my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE Tama that I own... but I woulnd't reccomend getting one if you haven't played with them for a while. ;D

Oh hey guys~ My apologize for not telling you of how my craze over Tamagotchi was rekindled...I replayed my V.3 around last Christmas and before New Year, my Piroriroritchi evolved into Memetchi (Answering why I am so devoted to her!). :mellow:

Right now, my Decotchi is in the stage fit for marry and just when I typing this reply, Otokitchi brought along Warusotchi with her! Guess what was my answer? (Am I making this to a morning Quiz Shows or what?!? Ahahaha...). :p

Anyway let me bring us back to the point and yup! I played my V.3 again at the moment and a few months back, the other Tamagotchi-look-alike toy as well (Please don't mention it as a fake Tamagotchi, that really hurt my feeling for all along, I believed it was one of the Tamagotchi versions). :( But I take good care of it anyway! ;)

Thus, I am pretty sure of my thought in having iD - Lovely Melody ver. as I do read and speak basic Japanese as well. :) Oh yes! does anyone know what is going on at TamaDepa in Harajuku? I mean is there a possibility finding the iD - Lovely Melody ver.? Because my friends visit Japan quite often but I am not sure if it is a limited edition. -_-

It's not really a "limited edition", but Bandai doesn't make it anymore. They're currently selling the iD L 15th Aniversary Ver.

Mm... I'd still play with a couple more versions if I were you... Like, I would get a Tama-go and maybe a V4, and then play with them for a fixed amount of time (10 generations? 15?) and then order it. A color Tama is a big purchase, and you wouldn't want to get it and then get tired of Tamas.

Hi Maxietchi snd welcome to Tamatalk! I have a different view that the persons above me: my second ever tama since I started collecting about 18 months ago was an ID. In my opinion you don't really need to have that much experience with the connection tamas in order to fully enjoy the color versions, since the color tamas, especially the IDs and ID Ls are different in features, but not in play. I have the ID Lovely Melody and yes, it is a lot simpler than the ID Ls and I enjoy it very much. So I would say, go ahead and buy one!! Just beware of the prices on eBay - especially this version is heavily overpriced by some buyers.

Oh, a very good late afternoon guys~ B) And hello Pantheratchi, nice to meet you! :mellow:

Hm...I really take all your comments into my account and Violetcchilluvr3, I really understand and appreciate your considerate intention for advising this. My V.5 is arriving around March as my brother bought it for me from USA. The only reason I have to wait that long is that if he send it directly to my Thailand address it will be overcharge for a tax so I rather wait for him to come back on March and carrying it along. :( Yet as you also mention that iD - Lovely Melody ver. is not coming out from Bandai anymore meaning by the time I expert my V.5 the price of iD - Lovely Melody is gonna be... (Can't find the right word to express it out!!!!). :eek: Ahahaha... :p

Maybe it would be a great help if you guys tell me your ideal price for iD - Lovely Melody as of present. :blink: So I will keep searching and also ask my friend who plan to go Japan to have a look at TamaDepa and if i get lucky and find the affordable price I would get one, if not...waiting for a newer colored ver. to be released is always sound exciting right? ^_^

That sounds good, except for a couple problems... (Sorry, not trying to be a downer, just realistic. ;D)

1. The price

When they were selling it, I assume it went for 5,000 yen, which is around $65 American dollars. Now on eBay, the lowest I've seen as of late if $150 American dollars. :eek:

2. New Tamas...

Yes, waiting for new Tamas is always fun, but I have a hunch that the new Tamas being released are only going to get more and more loaded in features. The iD is a pretty basic color version, so it would be good for you. :)

That's great! Play with your V5 for a while, I'd say, and then order your shiny new iD. ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Maxietchi!

Welcome to TamaTalk!

I think maybe you should get that awesome

Tamagotchi Lovely Melody Ver. after you recieve

your new v5.

Then you don't have to look after two new Tamagotchis

and try to work them both out at the same time.

Hope this helps!

Hi guys!~ Firstly, I really have to thank you all for so many different options provided. -_-

May I ask a question concerning the "Friend Stamp" page on the iD ver.? I have been wondering since the iD L replaced the "Ta Ma To Mo" by 4 seals (the meaning of them still the same I presume?) will there still be a page (I guess iD L need more than a page with that much characters queing out there though? Ahahaha... :D ) that shows faces of characters you had helped them collected all 4 seals? It may sound silly but the Friend Stamp page showing all 11 faces give me the sense of achievement and that's why I prefer the iD L - Lovely Melody ver. in the first place... :p

However after further research, I am pretty convinced right now that the iD L can be summarize as "The iD ver. with the additional features"...am I...right? :mellow: Or is there any features also specialized just for the iD ver. (I know this is a questions that ones should find out from the uncountable reply post but sometimes ones remember thing from direct answer yeah? :p )

On the iD L, it has a whole book!

The eigth icon is a TaMaToMo book. The first subsection under it has 32 pages, one for each character.

The second subsection is 10 pages, one for each pet.

The third subsection shows your friends.

The fourth shows the pictures that you take with friends by using the connect icon.

Kyaaaaaaaaa~!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Violetchilluvr3!!!, would you show me a few pictures of that? Oh! just one will do please??? :mellow: Your own capturing or any that had been post out there but I missed it on my research... :( Thank you in advance!!! -_-

Pink Hippopotumas, your links offer pretty cheap iD L ver.? I mean...I didn't subject to the iD L on my research that much. Anyway it makes me surprised, as I now obediently lured by the iD L, that some eBay sellers even offer a lower price!!! B) And what is the bidding and the time duration shows...I mean I rarely visit eBay as told in one of my reply comments above. :angry:

Oh no! I shouldn't be so excited at this time...I mean it's midnight!!! B)

oh my gosh! 200$ for a tamagotchi!! jeez I remember when they were like 10$, but of course those were not to color ones, and they weren't from japan. But I mean you should totally buy that one unless spending that much is an issue for you. Then maybe consider a tamagotchi iD L? I got mine for 50 :)

Just so you know, the iD L is a totally fantastic version. It's my absolute favorite.

But, some people don't like it because it has SO MANY- too many?- features for some. If you like a simple Tama, the iD is for you.

I'll post the picture tomorrow, k? ;)

Hi guys~! It is fifteen to 1 in the morning here~ I am actually busy today but decided to drop by to see Violetchilluvr3's picture or two but i guess she too is busy today... :(

However! Today after class I went, according to rumors in Thai's website, to a trendy store called "Loft" and guess what I found there?!? :rolleyes:

The Tamagotchi's iD L - 15th Anniversary ver.!!! :D

At the store, this version only left 3 available on the shelf and only Royal Purple as a choice for color. They priced the product with an overcharge of course, (And that is what I hate the most in my country when it comes to tax and fee issues :angry: ...trust me if you guys have a chance to visit us anytime soon or a decade later, put aside the thoughts of shopping on brands and I mean ALL brands in ALL categories!!!) :angry:

Despite all of my complains above, "Loft" priced it at 3045 Thai Baht. Which is convertedly US$98, how is the price to you guys? :huh:

If you all positive, I will lead my dilemma to an end and get one before any cunning middleman snatch all 3 at once and resell it with the price even more overcharged!!! :p (I mean for a little gallows humour here but as I said sometimes earlier, I am a considered black sheep among the sheep -I mean the people- my age...let alone how kids, teens and matured adults look at me when I carry my V.3 today and take a look at it every so often to catch every last moment of my Decotchi before she flies back to Tamagotchitown :(

So guys...care to boost up my confident for the first colored version of Tamagotchi? :blink: Odengai~~~ne? ^_^

I got my iD L for $100 USD, but a lot of people think that's way too overpriced...

Check out CD Japan or Hobby Link Japan, maybe?

I'll edit this post in just a few minutes with the pictures. :)

EDIT:

Alright, so this is what they look like. You go to the eigth icon, first option...

145887ba4e666da2b80f6580f8f153aa_22971053.jpg

And then you can view the past characters you've had.

3e22aeee8e275b6ba7d2725f095bb065_22971042.jpg
961321c2e096c069740de9e27f26a473_22971069.jpg

But keep in mind that they get stored in here dressed in whatever they were wearing when they earned their last happy symbol...

088367a554365037f162bbc0682c3c45_22971088.jpg

And this is what it looks like when you haven't had a character yet. (This one happens to be for Bokutchi, I believe.)

06d84c1625d3cd47e42b8a44fa37304d_22971099.jpg

And then if you go to the eigth option, SECOND icon, you can view the pets that you've had.

d35634d0c27ba65b4c094ad2bf3d3cc2_22971121.jpg

89632fc7543a8d28de7046f3c77409d0_22971143.jpg

Do you want me to take pictures of anything else? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back